Rolling Stones cancel tour; Jazz Fest looking for replacement act (again)

2»

Comments

• SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    In the craziest turn of events, Fleetwood Mac is now canceling their performance at Jazzfest..... 

soooo we are back to square 1 again... 
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    They found a replacement then that replacement cancelled too 😂
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • SOLAT319 said:
    They found a replacement then that replacement cancelled too 😂
    This is Dwight schrute territory. Lmao
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    Jazz fans don't want to listen to jazz anymore?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • tusevuntusevun Posts: 217
    Widespread Panic
    Better than fleetwood mac but a letdown from the stones
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Not too bothered with it as I don’t arrive until the Friday. 
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    PJ_Soul said:
    Jazz fans don't want to listen to jazz anymore?
    I think the problem is that not enough people will actually pay to watch Jazz.   Thus the headline the festival with acts that will draw (maybe do the Jazz in the afternoon).

We're stuck going to Houston the week before because of that cancelled stones show.  We were thinking of road tripping to NOLA for a day of Jazzfest, but after adding up how much hotels/gas/tickets would cost... we couldn't motivate ourself to pull the trigger.  Will go explore Houston for a few days and come back for the stones when it gets rescheduled.
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Reading through comments at JazzFest pages about Fleetwood Mac are kind of funny. How people are saying it is not Fleetwood Mac anymore without Lindsey Buckinham and how they should not use that name anymore.

I thought both Fleetwood and Mac (as in McVie) are still part of the band and have been long before Lindsey & Stevie even joined them.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    plane tickets and hotels were booked and then ed did this. wtf! silly human being....
    still went. had the time of my life there at this festival and yes it's so much more than jazz. but i get why they call is jazzfest cause the city is the birthplace of jazz. and that festival is amazing because of it's diversity and local talent food vibes etc etc

ed COULD make it better if he played here. its the most beautiful theatre i have been in. walking distance from the french quarter
    https://www.saengernola.com/photos-and-videos/photos-videos
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972

email from Ticketmaster:

Jazz Fest Fan,

As you are aware, the Rolling Stones will not be appearing at Jazz Fest.

We have already processed a refund for your May 2 General Admission tickets, including fees, and it should post to your account within 7-10 business days.

Jazz Fest May 2 Talent Update: Fleetwood Mac

Jazz Fest is excited to announce that Fleetwood Mac will perform on Thursday, May 2. Tickets are only $75 through April 19, and a day-specific ticket is required for admission.

Even though it's not the whole band, Fleetwood Mac is a pretty good replacement.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    LukinFan said:

email from Ticketmaster:

Jazz Fest Fan,

We have already processed a refund for your May 2 General Admission tickets, including fees, and it should post to your account within 7-10 business days.

Jazz Fest is excited to announce that Fleetwood Mac will perform on Thursday, May 2. Tickets are only $75 through April 19, and a day-specific ticket is required for admission.

Even though it's not the whole band, Fleetwood Mac is a pretty good replacement.
    Was :lol:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    Poncier said:
    LukinFan said:

email from Ticketmaster:

Jazz Fest Fan,

Did they cancel too?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    LukinFan said:
    Poncier said:
    LukinFan said:

email from Ticketmaster:

Jazz Fest Fan,

Did they cancel too?
    Yep. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.