Options

Florida ?

One Became FiveOne Became Five Posts: 269
edited April 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Yes, this is my second post. I wasn't well accepted after making my first. I guess the general belief was that I am just now becoming a fan. Untrue, but people have the right to believe what they will, and I am fine with that. My question, who here is from Florida. Would love the chance to be in touch, talk, or get together with fellow Jammers. Let me know, that would be great. Thanks for reading this noobies post!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'm a Sarasotan Floridian.
  • Options
    I am from Sarasota as well!!
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,818
    Yes, this is my second post. I wasn't well accepted after making my first. I guess the general belief was that I am just now becoming a fan. Untrue, but people have the right to believe what they will, and I am fine with that. My question, who here is from Florida. Would love the chance to be in touch, talk, or get together with fellow Jammers. Let me know, that would be great. Thanks for reading this noobies post!!
    hey....welcome to the board.......and have fun.......

and if any of these elitist fools give ya a hard time......tell them SPEEDY is comin to get them!!!! hehehehehehehehehe

also....remember to keep your arms and legs in the vehicle at all times.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Thanks Speedy!!
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339

Welcome aboard! :D

Don't worry what ppl say or might think.
    It's that time when everyone's a *little* too sensitive, grumpy,
    and PJ patriotic...lol :D

We're all here for the music, PJ that is, doesn't matter when you've become a fan, or *how big a fan are you* like some ppl would like to question...

To stop my blurbs here, just wanted to WELCOME you and be yourself ;)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    cropdustresscropdustress Posts: 4,339
    oh, and btw, I've been to Tampa :D
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Welcome to the board, One Became Five. It's good to have you here.

I'm in Tallahassee and looking forward to all this spring/summer holds for us PJ fans. Can't wait until they announce some FLA dates for the tour.
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    SPARKY02SPARKY02 Posts: 16
    welcome... im in west palm beach, fl..
    "Im gone, Im gone...
    "03-28-1994, 04-11-2003, 00-00-2006.
  • Options
    That would be cool. I am from Tampa
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I am in North Port only 30 miles from Sarasota.I work in Sarasota
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I love Sarasota! It has been a vacation spot of my family's and mine for over 20 years. Staying on Lido Beach all day and walking around St Armands Circle at night were always a lot of fun. I have not been back in about 4 or 5 years.
  • Options
    N.W. Bradenton (Jill's neighbor from primary school) here!
    04-22-92
    08-04-92
    03-28-94
    08-09-00
    08-27-00
    04-13-03
    06-12-08

"maybe it me or it maybe you"
  • Options
    3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    stuart here. can't wait till they announce some FL dates
    Live Free or Die!
  • Options
    I hear you, fellow Floridians! I hope to hell there are some Florida dates added onto the tour. My Morning Jacket opening is a good thing too, they are one of very few newer bands lately that I want to hear more of.

Our (wife and I) first and only PJ concert was the second night of the tour in West Palm Beach in 1998, it was awesome and a hurricane was coming to kill us all(as Eddie mentioned in his opening comments). Hot and muggy at the ampitheatre. Rancid opened..they were pretty damned good, but they knew everyone was there to see Pearl Jam and the lead singer even said as he closed "You guys enjoy Pearl Jam!"

PJ played a great set and halfway through they took a break, roadies ran in and set up a ping pong table in the middle of the stage, then a sh*tload of pingpong balls were let down from the ceiling beams and the band had fun f*cking around for a few minutes playing pingpong. They came back a few minutes later and blew us all away.

Please come back to Florida! We will show up! Wont we, Florida!?!!
  • Options
    How about a get together, say May 2nd..........
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    Fort Myers here.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Is North Port half way?? Let's get this going.....
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Bump For Florida 2006
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    GalianaGaliana Posts: 554
    I live in Crystal River, which is about 65 miles north of Tampa.
    Don't threaten me with a good time.
  • Options
    let's make this happen.........
  • Options
    Sonic19Sonic19 Posts: 159
    let's make this happen.........
    That'd be pretty cool, where were ya thinkin of having it? (I'm in Orlando, btw).
    Stay positive and love your life
    Hooray Florida shows
  • Options
    I'm in Sarasota, but wherever people are, we can find a place that will be good for everyone involved. Let's put this together.
  • Options
    Just a shout out I am from st.pete/clearwater area--
    Some shows i have attended.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    WPB 1998
    Tampa 00'
    WPB 2000'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Atlanta 03'
    boston III 03'
    santa barbara 03'
    all of 2004 VFC tour plus both boston shows 9.28, 9.29 2004
    Kissimmee 04'
    DC 2004 finale
    9.1.2005 gorge
  • Options
    I represent Jacksonville. Boy I wish I fucking didnt but oh well, every city needs someone with a brain. Anyways, I'm gonna be relocating to gainesville and go to Santa Fe CC so maybe my blood pressure will drop. Fuck it. I doubt it. anyway, how are you?
  • Options
    ArieltkeArieltke Posts: 17
    welcome to the post

i dont post much but this is one i thought i would reply to. i was introduced to pearl jam in florida. actually i think, which this might biased, but pearl jam puts on the most intimate shows in florida. I saw them first at a highschool or minor league baseball field back in the ticket monster days. then they went over to west palm beach to the ampatheater. also in tampa, not the best venue. most recently i saw them at a rodeo complex near orlando that was very small. i have to say i have heard some of the best daughters, rvm, red mosquitos and so on. I now live in LA so i am going to get a taste for a big city show, but if i hear of an ampatheater show somewhere close. bet your ass i will be there.

i think they like the fresh air.

ariel
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Hi, I'm in Clermont, which is a little bitty town west of Orlando.

Welcome!
  • Options
    so, where are we meeting??
  • Options
    joocejooce Posts: 1
    Fort Myers here. I'd have to go back and look at my ticket stubs - but I moved here in '93 and don't remember missing a tour... (???) I've made WPB for as long as I remember - plus Kissimmee for VFC in '04.

They'll be here.
  • Options
    NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    Repping Fort Walton Beach, FL here!

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    u2gatoru2gator Posts: 94
    Gainesville checking in. Heading out soon to catch the big game! Hoping that if a Petty/Pearl Jam tour happens they stop in G'ville since this is where Petty is from and he has not played here in over 10 years.

u2gator
    Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands
    the ones I love,..
    Some folks just have one,
    yeah, others, they've got none, huh-uh