Mercy Union - For Fans Of The Gaslight Anthem, Bruce Springsteen, etc

lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,880
I don't know if many people know about this band. Members from The Gaslight Anthem, Horribles Crowes, The Scandals... They have a very "Jersey" rock sound. Listen for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaaiK2B73eY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFd5ZaoMYxY

https://mercyunion.bigcartel.com/

For Euro and also have a special limited to 100 screenprinted cover variant
https://gunnerrecords.com/produkt/mercy-union-the-quarry-lpmp3/
1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
Nothing since then. I suck.
2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
2022- Oakland Night 2

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,734
    Not sure about the Springsteen comparison but I do really enjoy these guys.  I've been a huge Jared Hart fan for a few years now and really digging this first Mercy Union album.  Layovers is my favorite song on the album...so good.  Bummed that they aren't hitting Chicago on this tour that they are on opening for Laura Jane Grace.
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Just ordered the special variant edition vinyl 
    Thanx for the heads up  B)
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Really enjoying these guys too. I don’t see the obvious Springsteen connection like with Gaslight, but these guys are great. Still hoping for Gaslight to reunite for new music eventually. 
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,880
    redraw said:
    Just ordered the special variant edition vinyl 
    Thanx for the heads up  B)
    Glad you could score it.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    I think the Springsteen comparison for me is that obvious draw from rnb bands from the 50s and 60s. I hear some of that melodic styling in Springsteen and in these guys.
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I think the Springsteen comparison for me is that obvious draw from rnb bands from the 50s and 60s. I hear some of that melodic styling in Springsteen and in these guys.
    Right on, man. I don’t think it’s a right or wrong issue. Any band that brings up a Bruce feeling for anyone is an awesome band in my mind. 
    Right on, man. I don’t think it’s a right or wrong issue. Any band that brings up a Bruce feeling for anyone is an awesome band in my mind. 
    Totally agree.
    I need to try and catch them live. They are opening for Laura Jane Grace from Against Me. That would be a fun double bill.
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,734
    Totally agree.
    I need to try and catch them live. They are opening for Laura Jane Grace from Against Me. That would be a fun double bill.

Yeah definitely check them out if you can....looks like they're playing some pretty small places which makes it even better.  Laura Jane Grace solo album is pretty damn good too.
    Totally agree.

Yeah definitely check them out if you can....looks like they're playing some pretty small places which makes it even better.  Laura Jane Grace solo album is pretty damn good too.
    Yes, that Laura Jane Grace record is a keeper, too. I guess we will see if I can drag my old ass out this Sunday. They are playing at a great small place in San Francisco called Bottom of the Hill. Perfect venue for this show.
    2022- Oakland Night 2