Options

Winter storm Ulmer

A major storm has slammed 7 states. My sister in northern Colorado says it's really bad there. Thoughts to those affected. Stay safe and warm!

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,686
    It looks very intense:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    They are calling this a "bomb cyclone".  This should be put in the climate change thread too.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    They are calling this a "bomb cyclone".  This should be put in the climate change thread too.
    I remember there being a bomb cyclone last year too, although I can't remember where. That was the first time I'd ever heard of one in my life, and here's another... yes, of course this is a symptom of climate change.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985
    When Sandy was coming I remember them talking about how low the barometer was getting and how dangerous that can be.

Sandy was 940.  
    Ulmer is 970.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,686
    Sadly, extreme weather incidents are an indicator of the new climate normal. 

Best wishes to all our friends here in that region.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    My niece flew into Colorado yesterday under whiteout conditions to say we were nervous is a huge understatement glad she’s ok , not sure how much skiing she will be able to get in ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....