Options

Milwaukee Night 2 1995 - Live On 4 Legs

Hey folks, the next episode we’re covering on Live On 4 Legs will be the second show from Milwaukee in 95. If you were there and have any good stories, memories or favorite moments to share, would love to hear from you. Let us know what you think below.

This show is most popular for being one of the five shows where “No Jeremy” was played as well as RHCP’s Chad Smith joining the band for a Little Wing/Maggot Brain mashup.

Start the conversation below!
Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,950
    This was my first PJ show and my first real concert ever. It was an overwhelming night. All my expectations were met and surpassed. It blew my 17 year old mind. 
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    This was my first Pearl jam show as well! My buddy and I had GA tickets in the lawn but ended up winning row 2 tickets from the radio station 102.1 in Milwaukee and hour before the show. What a way to watch Pearl Jam live for your first time. Act of Love to start the show is still probably my favorite opening song of the 50 or so shows I've seen since. I didn't even know the song at the time but it blew my mind. When Eddie picked up the guitar for Corduroy it was over for me... The claws were in and I had the Pearl jam bite and have never let go since. Amazing night and am proud to say this was my first Pearl Jam experience. 
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    The Frogs!   Seems likely that this was around the time that this happened...

Related image
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    Edved007Edved007 Milwaukee, WI Posts: 1,020
    This was my first show and what got me hooked. Flash forward almost 25 years and i've been to over 50 shows in 8 different countries, 3 continents, it's crazy to think that's what started it all.  My uncle was friends with the director of music for summeriest and surprised me with a pair of tickets like the day before that he was able to get from his friend.  I was excited to go, but had no idea the profound impact that night would have on me at the time.  I can safely say that is the single moment that set me on a course for a life long relationship with the band. Sounds corny, but every major life event after that was narrated by Pearl Jam in some way, and always will be until they put me in the ground.  

Maggot Brain was just unreal, I didn't even know what was happening at the time, but it was crazy, I think the story goes that Mike wound up in the hospital after that for heat exhaustion or being dehydrated or something..
    95' - 7/9
    98' - 6/26, 6/27, 6/29, 8/26, 9/22
    03' - 4/25
    06' - 6/29, 6/30
    07' - 8/05
    09' - 8/23
    11' - 9/03, 9/04
    12' - 9/30
    13' - 7/16, 7/19, 10/21, 10/22, 11/15, 11/16, 12/06
    14' - 06/28, 06/29, 10/1, 10/03, 10/16, 10/17, 10/20, 10/22
    15' - 11/20, 11/22
    16' - 4/21, 4/26, 4/28, 4/29, 5/1, 5/2, 7/9, 8/5, 8/7, 8/20, 8/22
    17' - 4/7
    18' - 7/1, 7/3, 7/5, 8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20, 9/4
    21' - 10/1, 10/2
    22' - 7/12, 7/14, 9/6, 9/8
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,950
    That night was hot as fuck (Remember, they went to Chicago next where they stayed and recorded some No Code tracks, Jeff or Ed tells a story about the heat on the All Night page in Lost Dogs.

I saw a dude have to get carried out because he had heat stroke from drinking all day. Anyway, best night. Loved the set. It was awesome getting No Jeremy too.  A year or 2 later, I went to a local head shop/music store that carried bootlegs. I was able to get a VHS copy of the show and one of those unofficial CD boots. Whenever I smell Nag Champa I think of that day. A lot of great memories attached to this show. One of my favorites to listen to still.
  • Options
    mill070995mill070995 Wisconsin Posts: 28
    edited March 2019
    This was my first show and my first concert!  Life changing.  I still have the poster, the shirt with the space ship (full of holes), and the ticket stub.  I couldn’t even drive yet and stood in the grass with my sister and her friend.  I’ll never forget the guy in front of me with a Michigan State shirt who just let loose with his own “we belong together” during Black.  I bought the bootleg tapes at Atomic Records and listened to the concert almost daily.  Little Wing was huge for me because at the time Jimi Hendrix was my idol.  

Milwaukee 7-9-95; East Troy 6-26-98; East Troy 10-8-00; Milwaukee 6-29-06; Milwaukee 6-30-06; East Troy 9-3-11; East Troy 9-4-11; Portland 11-29-13; Milwaukee 10-20-14; Chicago 8-22-16; Seattle 8-8-18; Seattle 8-10-18; Chicago 8-18-18
    (Ed) Milwaukee 8-19-08; Phoenix 11-4-12
  • Options
    Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 930
    Thanks for your participation, many of your stories were shared. Also, found it funny that it was everyone's first show. Check it out here:
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com