PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
    Rhan...

At the mouth of the river/stream feed... isn’t that the place they warn you not to swim? Sharks?
    its an inlet to a lake. Yes may be sharks but usually dusk and dawn. Most people are aware of the dangers. surfers are the most ar risk but attacks are not too common. bull sharks can live and breed upstream and can live in almost fresh water and can be found kilometers upstream. they can be quite aggressive. 

Last question (sorry if I'm being a pain): do you have any personal experience with sharks (seeing them)?

I kinda want to see one. Not up close and in a menacing way, but from a distance so I can observe. Also the reef variety- not a tiger.
    No not sharks but tonnes of dolphins and whales. Anytime you go to the beach you will see dolphins everywhere. There has been some local shark attacks but usually on surfers at dawn or dusk. We have our non aggressive grey nurse sharks which are protected here, bull sharks and great white sharks are aggressive but thats the risk you take. I haven't seen any but have seen hammerhead sharks under the forster tuncurry bridge while walking over it.
  • ed243421 said:

Riding Giants?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Jumping Sharks
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Rhan...

At the mouth of the river/stream feed... isn’t that the place they warn you not to swim? Sharks?
    its an inlet to a lake. Yes may be sharks but usually dusk and dawn. Most people are aware of the dangers. surfers are the most ar risk but attacks are not too common. bull sharks can live and breed upstream and can live in almost fresh water and can be found kilometers upstream. they can be quite aggressive. 

Last question (sorry if I'm being a pain): do you have any personal experience with sharks (seeing them)?

I kinda want to see one. Not up close and in a menacing way, but from a distance so I can observe. Also the reef variety- not a tiger.
    I" m surprised you didn't see any sharks while vacationing in Hawaii.
    I've had lots of experience diving with reef sharks (blacktip, lemon, nurse, bonnethead), and I dove in a cage to observe a tiger once. My SCUBA certification expired long ago, but I still recall my time studying sharks at Mote Marine in Sarasota as a very important time in my life. I wish I'd stayed with it sometimes.

I still study reports and have a tracker app for sightings up in this area in the summer. I basically spend my summer week on the Cape cycling and watching/watching out for great whites and seals. My wife and I saw a great white eat a harbor seal a few years back. As soon as I saw the size of the dorsal, I could tell that was like no shark I'd ever seen before in Florida. Seeing the apex predator in action was breathtaking, even if we did feel bad for the seal. The seal was in a protected, roped-off area on the beach. It was wounded and the wildlife folks and lifeguards had set up a little healing den for it. We just so happened to be there the day it decided that it was feeling better and made its way back into the Atlantic -- only to have the great white waiting for it. It was so weird; it was like the shark knew or something. We just saw the whole thing play out, knowing that little seal's seconds were numbered as it humped its way back to the ocean and the huge dorsal fin just waiting for it. 

I'm about a five minute walk from the beach now, but the great whites and seals don't make it to our little area. Bodies wash up from time to time, though. So we've got that going for us....
    Crazy spectacle!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Rhan...

It’d be tough to keep me out of those waters ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    brianlux said: My sister lived in Greece for six months several years ago.  She loved it.  Came back home having learned how to do all kinds of marvelous Greek cooking!
    Do you recall the name of the place, Brian?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Rhan...

only to have the great white waiting for it. It was so weird; it was like the shark knew or something. We just saw the whole thing play out, knowing that little seal's seconds were numbered as it humped its way back to the ocean and the huge dorsal fin just waiting for it. 
    Those great whites are pretty smart. The one in "Jaws The Revenge" knew once he saw Ellen Brody board a plane exactly what the flight plan was and where to find her in the Bahamas. Brilliant creature.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Rhan...

only to have the great white waiting for it. It was so weird; it was like the shark knew or something. We just saw the whole thing play out, knowing that little seal's seconds were numbered as it humped its way back to the ocean and the huge dorsal fin just waiting for it. 
    Those great whites are pretty smart. The one in "Jaws The Revenge" knew once he saw Ellen Brody board a plane exactly what the flight plan was and where to find her in the Bahamas. Brilliant creature.
    The tracker has them down your way from time to time, too. Usually, it’s the younger ones that round Ptown and explore the bay. Was the baby wheeeel down your way, too?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Rhan...

The tracker has them down your way from time to time, too. Usually, it’s the younger ones that round Ptown and explore the bay. Was the baby wheeeel down your way, too?
    We had a minke wash up in October.
    And yeah I think we actually had a beach closing one day last summer for a great white sighting.
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Rhan...

And yeah I think we actually had a beach closing one day last summer for a great white sighting.
    What about this baby wheeel!?!

https://youtu.be/u0Kob7AXrmY
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    :lol:

It should come as no surprise that Malden Mikey is a poster boy for the opioid crisis. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Rhan...

What about this baby wheeel!?!

https://youtu.be/u0Kob7AXrmY
    sun fish. we had a massive one in the lake here once
    i want to go here... Esperance in W.A. Dolphins usually mean your safe from sharks.
    https://www.facebook.com/abc/videos/2414051805313518/
    i want to go here... Esperance in W.A. Dolphins usually mean your safe from sharks.
    https://www.facebook.com/abc/videos/2414051805313518/
    The dolphins where I’m from gang up on the reef sharks and chase them away. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    edited March 2019

40 Minutes South of the City of Brotherly Love !!  

SBB
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    edited March 2019
    Currently in NYC 

Where I’m from

Where I live now

I SAW PEARL JAM
    Your kids will thank you some day for it though. Their education will be far superior in Scott's Swamp.
    dankind said:
    Where I’m from

Where I live now

hahahaha 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    The kids will learn how to be Massholes and root for the Bruins.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    Related image
    Galway, Ireland

edited March 2019
    One of the kids called a water fountain a bubbler, and we had a long talk about them not succumbing to the stupid. 

As for the Bruins, they hate Marchand but still root for the team; I take that as a small victory. Also, they will root for the Rangers, but I don’t know if I should enocourage a lifetime of disappointment. I don’t think they’re made of as stern stuff as their old man. 
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    dankind said:
    One of the kids called a water fountain a bubbler, and we had a long talk about them not succumbing to the stupid. 

As for the Bruins, they hate Marchand but still root for the team; I take that as a small victory. Also, they will root for the Rangers, but I don’t know if I should enocourage a lifetime of disappointment. I don’t think they’re made of as stern stuff as their old man. 
    Just as long as they don’t root for the Red Sox. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    eddiec said:
    Related image
    Galway, Ireland

Beautifully picturesque!

I love seeing where some of you live.

(sorry, DK :peace: )
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:

My daughter is my ticket buddy! My son is banned from Fenway. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dankind said:

My daughter is my ticket buddy! My son is banned from Fenway. 
    Oh do tell!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......