Options

Sold: Ames Ireland 96

densandensan Posts: 563
edited March 2019 in Lost Dogs

Happy Sunday,  

Thank you to the folks that chimed in to help me. I greatly appreciate the help. There are some very kind people here. 

Allow me to be the 1st to wish everyone a Happy St. Patrick’s day! I have decided to find a new home for my Ames 96 Dublin poster. This is NOT an extra large anything. I purchased the poster from the ten club newsletter in 96 or 97. The poster is not a signed or numbered AP, and sorry, but I do not want to trade. I am asking 1,600.00 plus the cost of shipping, and PayPal fees. 

Shipping includes wrapping the poster in craft paper, put in a tube, then put into a triangle PO mailer. It will be sent with tracking, full insurance coverage, and signature confirmation delivery. The poster has been stored flat and is VG or btr. I never hung it up, stored in a climate controlled home, smoke free, and has not been subjected to any sunlight. I am happy to provide pictures too. US shipping only. Light scuffing in the black area. 

Thanks for looking/ appreciate your time.

densan

Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
Post edited by densan on

Comments

• Options
    Go PVC for that kinda dough. Good luck with the sale!
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Makes almost too much sense. Thank you sir
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • Options
    Recommended seller.  Buy with confidence.
  • Options
    Very kind. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Good luck with your sale! Great poster!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    Post some pics if you’re asking for that kind of coin
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,503
    I never thought much of ‘96 Ireland until I acquired it and I have to say the colours honestly translate best in person - doesn’t present well in pics. Real beauty. Good luck seller.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    I never thought much of ‘96 Ireland until I acquired it and I have to say the colours honestly translate best in person - doesn’t present well in pics. Real beauty. Good luck seller.
    Agree, I purchased one with pin holes, couldn’t afford otherwise, and it is amazing in person. I have the same opinion of the ‘98 Adelaide. 
  • Options
    MattchewMattchew Posts: 1,345
    Wow, I wish I had the money right now.  Good luck with your sell.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Is this poster going for this much money?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,312

TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    EBeans has been my go to for years, but it is not as current as Collectionzz. Currently someone else is asking far more then I am for this poster. I am not competing with anyone for sales. Screw that. This has never been about money. That's why I post here. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,055
    densan said:
    EBeans has been my go to for years, but it is not as current as Collectionzz. Currently someone else is asking far more then I am for this poster. I am not competing with anyone for sales. Screw that. This has never been about money. That's why I post here. 
    With all due respect, if you're selling a poster for 2k it is all about money.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,836
    Sweet poster.  Good luck with your sale op. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    edited February 2019
    pjl44 said:
    densan said:
    With all due respect, if the demand is there following recent sales, you can post any price you’d like. In addition, if you are the owner of the item, you get to set the price.
    Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Great seller!  Buy with confidence. 
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    pjl44 said:
    densan said:
    With all due respect, if the demand is there following recent sales, you can post any price you’d like. In addition, if you are the owner of the item, you get to set the price.
    Oh, for sure he can post whatever price he'd like. I don't blame the guy at all for trying to push past the current ceiling of a '96 poster. But it's goofy to carry on with "it's not about the money" when you're trying to set a new high.
  • Options
    There is one for sale on Collctionzz right now that the seller is asking 500.00 more then I am. Two or three weeks ago, I saw another listed for 2,300. I think it sold since it's gone. I am not trying to set a new high price for anything. Your perception of my intentions is not accurate. My goal is to take care of my buyers the very best I can buy providing the highest level of service to them. Treating people fairly and caring about their happiness does not have anything to do with money.  
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    Let’s not beat the guy up because he has a really desirable poster he’s looking to sell. The market is what it is and either it will sell at that price or it won’t.  

Good luck with your sale OP!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Ebeans’ averages are as up to date as fivehorizons.com.  

Good luck with your sale. Awesome poster. 

• Options

Is there a site with better completed sale data?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529
    Someone out there will pay this price based on the current seller’s market.  Can’t fault the seller.  
  • Options
    MattchewMattchew Posts: 1,345
    Someone out there will pay this price based on the current seller’s market.  Can’t fault the seller.  
    I definitely would, if I had the spare cash.  Maybe if it's still available in a few months.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited February 2019
    pjl44 said:

Not at the moment.... Its just that ebeans is so out of touch with ebay, collectionzz, Lost Dogs, etc that you cant use it as a way to make an offer or list something.  

Your avatar is killer by the way. Great album. 
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

Not at the moment.... Its just that ebeans is so out of touch with ebay, collectionzz, Lost Dogs, etc that you cant use it as a way to make an offer or list something.  

Your avatar is killer by the way. Great album. 
    Thanks man. I love pretty much everything that Dulli puts out.

On ebeans....I don't know. I checked recent stuff like Fenway prints and there is some healthy data. Obviously any transactions here you can't track. Collectionzz - don't know how much stuff is moving through there, but if transparency on sale prices isn't part of the ecosystem I think that's a miss. Just going off reading their mission a while back anyway.

Short of something better, that ebeans data still has a lot of value. Much more than other asking prices and other guys jumping in to hype, at least.
  • Options
    Ebeans has gone from being outdated to somethings wrong. I have seen some odd things that I have never seen on their site before. Please take a look at PJ Columbia 96 for example. The Ebeans data for the last two sales is Wack-O. Sorry abut the shameless plug. :) The price history for the last two sales of the Columbia, 2018 & 2019, appears to be off by over 400. Click on the Ebay link to see what I am seeing. Thanks for your time. D
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,836
    How do you see the sales history on collectionzz?  For some reason I can’t digure it out. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,735
    edited February 2019
    Do a search and on the left hand of the page it should say active and sold under display. Not sure about mobile. 

Edit: just noticed it does not say the price though. I guess they plan on it in a future update. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    PJNB said:
    Do a search and on the left hand of the page it should say active and sold under display. Not sure about mobile. 

Edit: just noticed it does not say the price though. I guess they plan on it in a future update. 
    Collectionzz will have a free poster catalog and price guide which will incorporate past and present sales data and viewing past sales prices will be happening very soon.

I asked, and the 96 Cork was sold for $1800 after an offer was accepted.