Options

Hillary 2020

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    Go away Hillary
    People keep asking why the turnout among african americans dropped so much? Here's a reason:

House Democrats later released not only the ads but also their “targeting data”—the demographics and the geographic locations of users receiving them—which indicated to Jamieson “whom the Russians were going for.” Among other things, she could discern that the Russians had tried “to minimize the vote of African-Americans.” Bogus Kremlin-sponsored ads that had circulated online—including one depicting a black woman in front of an “african-americans for hillary” sign—had urged voters to tweet or text rather than vote, or to “avoid the line” and “vote from home.”

From the New Yorker article. The modern version of putting flyers on cars outsiode black chuches stating the election day has changed or the polling location is different.
    So then people are dumb?  People that believe that shit probably shouldn't be voting anyhow.
    So don’t discount the effectiveness of dirty tricks campaigns. Particularly by Putin on the ritz.
    I might be all for dirty tricks that keep dumbasses from voting!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    edited February 2019
    Go away Hillary
    Still being obsessed with Hillary at this point is akin to being a necrophiliac. She's gone, move on and find someone with a pulse or just move on to Bernie.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Go away Hillary
    The fact that some on here believe or think they remember thing about Clinton that aren’t actually true demonstrates that socisl media disinformation does work. 
    For example?
  • Options
    Go away Hillary
    my2hands said:
    The fact that some on here believe or think they remember thing about Clinton that aren’t actually true demonstrates that socisl media disinformation does work. 
    For example?
    Her comment of course!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    Go away Hillary
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

The hatred for her is disturbing, to say the least. 
    I agree that it's insane to hate her in the way that the morons that chant "lock her up" up Trump rallies do. They probably don't even know why they hate her other than the fact that Trump tells them too. It's basically the Two-Minutes Hate from 1984.

But what about hating her (eh, "hate" is a strong word; let's go with strongly disliking her) for allowing Donald Trump to become President? I mean, she did dismiss the notion of campaigning in swing-states that she thought she couldn't lose. And on the night before the election, she was having a big celebration in Philly while Trump was campaigning in Wilkes-Barre, PA and later that night, in Indiana. That's the thing: If I believed that she was totally screwed by Russian meddling, maybe I'd be sympathetic. But I think she should have won in spite of that. So when Trump does something awful, I tend to sometimes blame Hillary for it. OF COURSE Donald Trump is going to do and say horrible things. One person, the "most qualified candidate ever" could have prevented him from having the power to do that...but she failed...and she has herself to blame. 

But of course, as we've seen, she blames everything and everyone except herself. She even went as far as to suggest that women that voted for Trump were forced to by the men in their lives. Gimme a break. 
    She has had a hard time looking inward at her campaign and what could have made a difference. 

Trump wasn't so much campaigning as getting two last shots of the drug he loves the most before he figured it was all over. If Hillary had gone to those states more, I don't know if that would have made a difference. People in those states liked Obama fine, but they hated her. Why, I cannot answer that since I am not them. 

The electoral college is our system and we have to live with it. But I hate that the Democrats have lost 2 recent elections even though they have won the popular vote. (Gore v Bush - and Gore was no stand up comic - he was just as boring and policy oriented as Hilary). 

If she had won, no one would have cared where she spent the last day of the election. But she didn't so it's another reason to criticize her.

She made mistakes and she has herself to blame for them. But if I had lost an election with all of the factors that occured in the 2016 election - I might still be walking in the woods. 
    Sorry to jump off topic a little for a minute but the statement you made above (in bold) really strikes me. It is (for now) true.  And why?  Can we (as a democracy) change this?  If not, why not? (I know, some of these questions are rhetorical in nature.)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    She isnt running.
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

I agree that it's insane to hate her in the way that the morons that chant "lock her up" up Trump rallies do. They probably don't even know why they hate her other than the fact that Trump tells them too. It's basically the Two-Minutes Hate from 1984.

But what about hating her (eh, "hate" is a strong word; let's go with strongly disliking her) for allowing Donald Trump to become President? I mean, she did dismiss the notion of campaigning in swing-states that she thought she couldn't lose. And on the night before the election, she was having a big celebration in Philly while Trump was campaigning in Wilkes-Barre, PA and later that night, in Indiana. That's the thing: If I believed that she was totally screwed by Russian meddling, maybe I'd be sympathetic. But I think she should have won in spite of that. So when Trump does something awful, I tend to sometimes blame Hillary for it. OF COURSE Donald Trump is going to do and say horrible things. One person, the "most qualified candidate ever" could have prevented him from having the power to do that...but she failed...and she has herself to blame. 

But of course, as we've seen, she blames everything and everyone except herself. She even went as far as to suggest that women that voted for Trump were forced to by the men in their lives. Gimme a break. 
    She has had a hard time looking inward at her campaign and what could have made a difference. 

Trump wasn't so much campaigning as getting two last shots of the drug he loves the most before he figured it was all over. If Hillary had gone to those states more, I don't know if that would have made a difference. People in those states liked Obama fine, but they hated her. Why, I cannot answer that since I am not them. 

The electoral college is our system and we have to live with it. But I hate that the Democrats have lost 2 recent elections even though they have won the popular vote. (Gore v Bush - and Gore was no stand up comic - he was just as boring and policy oriented as Hilary). 

If she had won, no one would have cared where she spent the last day of the election. But she didn't so it's another reason to criticize her.

She made mistakes and she has herself to blame for them. But if I had lost an election with all of the factors that occured in the 2016 election - I might still be walking in the woods. 
    Sorry to jump off topic a little for a minute but the statement you made above (in bold) really strikes me. It is (for now) true.  And why?  Can we (as a democracy) change this?  If not, why not? (I know, some of these questions are rhetorical in nature.)
    That is a really good question. It would have to be some sort of major law passed by Congress and I'm not sure if it could be started by requests or ballot initiatives in states. It is something that should be re-examined IMO to see if it is truly representing the country . 

Every other election in the country is by popular vote, I have never been comfortable with the most important election NOT being the popular vote. It is representative of everyone in the country because everyone can vote so I don't know. 

I would need to look into it more. I think, and I am not sure about this at all, that the electoral college began as a reaction to states with slaves, and slaves not being counted as a full person. But I need to do some investigating to see if that is a myth or not. 

It would be hard, that I  know. But I think we need something different, something between the two might be more palatable to the country as a whole. I will let you know what I uncover. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    Go away Hillary
    njnancy said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

That is a really good question. It would have to be some sort of major law passed by Congress and I'm not sure if it could be started by requests or ballot initiatives in states. It is something that should be re-examined IMO to see if it is truly representing the country . 

Every other election in the country is by popular vote, I have never been comfortable with the most important election NOT being the popular vote. It is representative of everyone in the country because everyone can vote so I don't know. 

I would need to look into it more. I think, and I am not sure about this at all, that the electoral college began as a reaction to states with slaves, and slaves not being counted as a full person. But I need to do some investigating to see if that is a myth or not. 

It would be hard, that I  know. But I think we need something different, something between the two might be more palatable to the country as a whole. I will let you know what I uncover. 
    The debate is hot and seemingly endless on this one.  Those (like me) who believe the electoral college is outmoded believes that a direct popular vote treats all American's votes equally, no matter where they live.  That makes sense to me.

The more conservative view seems to think the electoral college insures that we will have political equality spread across the vast nation... or some such rhetorical bullshit.  Personally, I never bought it.    Trump is proof of the fact that the electoral college did not create political equality.  It created a disaster.  Obviously I'm not a Hillary fan, but compared to Trump, she's an angel. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Go away Hillary
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

The debate is hot and seemingly endless on this one.  Those (like me) who believe the electoral college is outmoded believes that a direct popular vote treats all American's votes equally, no matter where they live.  That makes sense to me.

The more conservative view seems to think the electoral college insures that we will have political equality spread across the vast nation... or some such rhetorical bullshit.  Personally, I never bought it.    Trump is proof of the fact that the electoral college did not create political equality.  It created a disaster.  Obviously I'm not a Hillary fan, but compared to Trump, she's an angel. 

Brian - this made me laugh.

1) What I think is awesome
    2) What others think is rhetorical bullshit!

It is a big, diverse nation.  I'm unsure if the electoral college is the best system, but surely it's better than a few cities picking leaders for the entire country.  Cause just like those darn country bumkins don't understand the city folk....those city folk certainly don't understand the huge plot of land between Philadelphia and LA.  Except for maybe a few small spots like Chicago, Houston, Denver and Las Vegas!

So I think an electoral college of some sorts is kinda important or you completely remove a vast part of your nation from the political process.  I mean - why is it that the senate is the more respected house of congress?  Equal representation requires compromise and more level headed thinking...in general. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited February 2019
    Go away Hillary
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    njnancy said:

Brian - this made me laugh.

1) What I think is awesome
    2) What others think is rhetorical bullshit!

It is a big, diverse nation.  I'm unsure if the electoral college is the best system, but surely it's better than a few cities picking leaders for the entire country.  Cause just like those darn country bumkins don't understand the city folk....those city folk certainly don't understand the huge plot of land between Philadelphia and LA.  Except for maybe a few small spots like Chicago, Houston, Denver and Las Vegas!

So I think an electoral college of some sorts is kinda important or you completely remove a vast part of your nation from the political process.  I mean - why is it that the senate is the more respected house of congress?  Equal representation requires compromise and more level headed thinking...in general. ;)
    It’s really a pretty easy concept to understand if you are not butthurt about Hillary losing.  It represents people across cultures and states instead of certain highly concentrated regions over representing.  I agree, it has its caveats, but regions around the country have different needs and concerns than New York City or LA.  Let’s say 75 % of the US  population lived in TX, for an extreme example.  Would you want that region having 75% of the US vote?
    No, but if it were CA, everyone is fine with it...?
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    She isnt running.
    i read a headline quickly but didn't click the link yesterday saying hillary was expected to announce her 2020 run. was this a joke? i can't find any info on it now. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Go away Hillary
    I think she will
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Go away Hillary
    She met with Biden.  Biden will announce his run and will likely win the dem nod.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    edited February 2019
    She is running and will lose the nomination
    Are she and Bill still headed out on tour in April?

Edit: Answered my own question. Yes they are.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/an-evening-with-the-clintons/event/01005533CC7BBAA5?f_PPL=true&ab=efeat5787v1

I don't think she would make any announcement while charging those prices for tickets...but at the same time a surprise announcement might help lagging ticket sales.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Go away Hillary
    Sounds like she isn’t running.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Go away Hillary
    Biden is your next president if he runs
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Clinton confirms she is not running. Everyone can calm down.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-running-mouth-shut_n_5c765ff7e4b08c4f5555a0b9

Hillary Clinton said she “can’t imagine” any circumstance in which she would run for president again in 2020 or beyond.

But the former secretary of state said in the latest episode of Tina Brown’s “TBD” podcast that she won’t stay silent with her criticism of President Donald Trump, who defeated her in the 2016 election.

“I’ve had a terrific experience in public life and in politics. I care deeply about this country and I am very worried about the direction that Trump and his allies are taking us,” said Clinton. “So I will continue to speak out and fight for our basic rights, particularly when it comes to how we treat each other and also the rule of law.”

She added: “There are things that I care deeply about that just because I’m not running, I’m not going to keep my mouth shut. I’m going to keep speaking out.”

Clinton criticized the Trump administration’s “level of inhumanity” over its “most outrageous” policy of separating migrant children from their families at the U.S.-Mexico border.

She noted the challenges facing women running for president next year and warned that deepfake videos posed one of “the biggest threats to democracy.”

Clinton also commented on the souring of her relationship with “cold-blooded” Russian President Vladimir Putin, suggested what Democratic candidates would need to beat Trump in 2020, and admitted being “stunned” by what Brown described as “the jellylike submission of the GOP” to the president. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Go away Hillary
    That's right.  Calm down, to the 3 or 4 people who thought Hillary was running...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Go away Hillary

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-donald-trump-running-mouth-shut_n_5c765ff7e4b08c4f5555a0b9

Hillary Clinton said she “can’t imagine” any circumstance in which she would run for president again in 2020 or beyond.

But the former secretary of state said in the latest episode of Tina Brown’s “TBD” podcast that she won’t stay silent with her criticism of President Donald Trump, who defeated her in the 2016 election.

“I’ve had a terrific experience in public life and in politics. I care deeply about this country and I am very worried about the direction that Trump and his allies are taking us,” said Clinton. “So I will continue to speak out and fight for our basic rights, particularly when it comes to how we treat each other and also the rule of law.”

She added: “There are things that I care deeply about that just because I’m not running, I’m not going to keep my mouth shut. I’m going to keep speaking out.”

Clinton criticized the Trump administration’s “level of inhumanity” over its “most outrageous” policy of separating migrant children from their families at the U.S.-Mexico border.

She noted the challenges facing women running for president next year and warned that deepfake videos posed one of “the biggest threats to democracy.”

Clinton also commented on the souring of her relationship with “cold-blooded” Russian President Vladimir Putin, suggested what Democratic candidates would need to beat Trump in 2020, and admitted being “stunned” by what Brown described as “the jellylike submission of the GOP” to the president. 

She is just upset about this “deepfake” video, lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4NJvDXMlC4&feature=share
    Anyways, good riddance Hellary
  • Options
    Go away Hillary
    PJPOWER said:

Come on man. You know she was the most qualified candidate ever...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Go away Hillary
    PJPOWER said:

Come on man. You know she was the most qualified candidate ever...

Oh yeah, and the biggest balloon enthusiast ever as well.  Now he has all the time in the world to be mesmerized by balloons.
  • Options
    Go away Hillary
    Joe Biden is the democratic nominee if she's out

Taking all wagers
  • Options
    Go away Hillary
    my2hands said:

Taking all wagers
    Most likely...if they are smart.  But, I don’t know, there sure is a lot of “old white men” hate on the left...
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    Go away Hillary
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:

Taking all wagers
    Most likely...if they are smart.  But, I don’t know, there sure is a lot of “old white men” hate on the left...
    Yup. I mean, unless it is their candidate of course, then its okay to be old and white.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Go away Hillary
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:

Taking all wagers
    Yup. I mean, unless it is their candidate of course, then its okay to be old and white.
    Maybe as long as they feel guilty about being old and white?  He and Bernie should open every speech with “I’m sorry I am old and white...”
  • Options
    Go away Hillary
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:

Taking all wagers
    Maybe as long as they feel guilty about being old and white?  He and Bernie should open every speech with “I’m sorry I am old and white...”
    In Sanders case, it would be "I AM OLD AND WHITE".  

His yelling for 4 years as president would tune a lot of folks out...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    She isnt running.
    the SNL skits with Larry David would be awesome though. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:

Taking all wagers
    And follow with, “but I’m not a racist, misogynist nationalist.”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Go away Hillary
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:

Taking all wagers

Lol, yell a sentence and pause...yell a sentence and pause...The viewers can only take so much of that over and over!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Go away Hillary
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:

Taking all wagers

Lol, yell a sentence and pause...yell a sentence and pause...The viewers can only take so much of that over and over!
    I can't  listen to that hypocritical bozo...that's for sure.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    She isnt running.
    the SNL skits with Larry David would be awesome though. 
    True!  In fact, I think that's what I'm going to base my ranking on!  Klobuchar?  Nah...that would not be a very interesting SNL skit.  Bernie would be the best.  Maybe Sherrod Brown since he kinda looks disheveled.   I don't see a ton of great potential elsewhere.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin