Hillary 2020

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Go away Hillary
    my2hands said:
    She LOST the WHITE FEMALE VOTE... BLACK VOTER turnout PLUMMETED...and UNION HOUSEHOLD support absolutely CRATERED 

but yeah, twitter LOL

wake up folks, that's directly on the candidate, not fucking Facebook posts... she will forever be known for losing to an absolute CLOWN... save your tears for Hillary, she can take a hike
    so the guy who is constantly shouting at everyone to "wake up" and stop participating in the lies/agendas/bullshit of media/social media, is now discounting how said media could have had a profound effect on the opinions of the populace and influence how they voted. 

yeah, sure, that's consistent. 
    So - how did the Facebook and Twitter stuff affect the election directly? Cause it seems to me a lot of people disliked Hillary before then, and only agreed with the Russian trolls. And then the Bernholes just hated her cause they were butthurt over Bernie. Russian trolls didn’t do that did they? 

I guess one could make the argument that it made people that already agreed with the weird Russian troll stuff more likely to go to the polls?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:
    She LOST the WHITE FEMALE VOTE... BLACK VOTER turnout PLUMMETED...and UNION HOUSEHOLD support absolutely CRATERED 

but yeah, twitter LOL

wake up folks, that's directly on the candidate, not fucking Facebook posts... she will forever be known for losing to an absolute CLOWN... save your tears for Hillary, she can take a hike
    I wonder how much of the plummeted  black voter turnout had to do with her “they all look the same” or “super predators” comments?  
    Probably not much, since that “all look the same” comment was made in 2018. It was also clearly mocking the interviewer, something that you have to be trying hard not to see, if you watch the interview. 
    I wasn’t sure about the timing of the “they all look the same” quote, but I know it pissed a lot of black people off (regardless of the context, she should have known it was inappropriate).  The “super predator” comment was a big enough of a deal that Black Lives Matter asked for a public apology, though.  There are a lot of “she should have known better” moments throughout Clinton’s career.  And yes, she comes off as a “smug bitch”, as someone earlier phrased it.  She was a “bought and payed for” professional politician with a scandalous political career...her public image SUCKED.
    Exit polls suggested 89% of black voters voted for Clinton. 

Your revisionism is amusing but incorrect. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    my2hands said:

but yeah, twitter LOL

so the guy who is constantly shouting at everyone to "wake up" and stop participating in the lies/agendas/bullshit of media/social media, is now discounting how said media could have had a profound effect on the opinions of the populace and influence how they voted. 

So - how did the Facebook and Twitter stuff affect the election directly? Cause it seems to me a lot of people disliked Hillary before then, and only agreed with the Russian trolls. And then the Bernholes just hated her cause they were butthurt over Bernie. Russian trolls didn’t do that did they? 

I guess one could make the argument that it made people that already agreed with the weird Russian troll stuff more likely to go to the polls?
    There is plenty of research out there that shows Russia's social media propaganda had an effect. It's impossible to quantify how much, but to think it had none would be naive. 
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Go away Hillary
    my2hands said:

but yeah, twitter LOL

The biggest mistake the DNC made was allowing Bernie to run in their platform.  Bernie and Hillary ate each other alive during the debates to the point that Bernie supporters were dead set against voting for Clinton and vise versa.  
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Go away Hillary
    my2hands said:

but yeah, twitter LOL

So Twitter is the reason Hillary lost the white female vote? And Instagram is why democratic black voter turnout dropped 9% in 4 years? And let me guess, Snapchat is why union household support for the democratic candidate bottomed out nationally and even cratered by up to 50% in some states, specifically the midwest where she lost

Yeah, Russian teenage geeks and old Bernie is why she lost... sure, you guys keep believing that nonsense when the answer is plain as day. The above listed doesnt happen by accident, and it didnt hapoen because of tweets and memes... 

You do realize I voted for Killary, right? Lol

It's ok, Joe Biden will be the next POTUS... 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    She isnt running.
    my2hands said:

but yeah, twitter LOL

I don't know exactly. Many people believe the massive influx of dis/misinformation on those mediums had a massive impact. But I don't really know how one measures that. And the people that claim that to be true could easily just be making excuses for the Dem loss. I don't think we'll ever know. 

What I do know is that social media has a massive influence on how people ingest and process information and what they consider news. So many people take any post/meme/etc at face value without vetting it. That, in my opinion, could have massive consequences in elections. You don't really need attack ads anymore. Just plant a false story in twitter and it will take off like wildfire and it won't matter how many times you try to tell people it's false or misleading. you can't put that genie back in the bottle. it's like trying to put out a wildfire with a garden hose. 

either way, i was more laughing at the hypocritical stance shown above. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Tell you what, if Russia didn't think it worked, they wouldn't be wasting their resources doing it.

And the US hasn't been the only target, they have been doing this for years in Europe to great effect.
    Go away Hillary
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:

but yeah, twitter LOL

I wonder how much of the plummeted  black voter turnout had to do with her “they all look the same” or “super predators” comments?  
    Probably not much, since that “all look the same” comment was made in 2018. It was also clearly mocking the interviewer, something that you have to be trying hard not to see, if you watch the interview. 
    I wasn’t sure about the timing of the “they all look the same” quote, but I know it pissed a lot of black people off (regardless of the context, she should have known it was inappropriate).  The “super predator” comment was a big enough of a deal that Black Lives Matter asked for a public apology, though.  There are a lot of “she should have known better” moments throughout Clinton’s career.  And yes, she comes off as a “smug bitch”, as someone earlier phrased it.  She was a “bought and payed for” professional politician with a scandalous political career...her public image SUCKED.

What % voted in 2016 vs 2008 or 2012?
    hippiemom = goodness
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:

but yeah, twitter LOL

Any white candidate would have surely had a drop in black voter turnout after Obama.
  • dignin said:
    Tell you what, if Russia didn't think it worked, they wouldn't be wasting their resources doing it.

And the US hasn't been the only target, they have been doing this for years in Europe to great effect.
    Brexit.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:

but yeah, twitter LOL

Exactly. I'm sure 89% of black voters did vote for Clinton, but how many of them came out to vote in this election versus the Obama elections?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Go away Hillary
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:

but yeah, twitter LOL

Any white candidate would have surely had a drop in black voter turnout after Obama.
    This is true. But I’m certain it would be different amounts. And it showed where the strength in the party was and why it lost.
    hippiemom = goodness
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    my2hands said:

but yeah, twitter LOL

This is true. But I’m certain it would be different amounts. And it showed where the strength in the party was and why it lost.
    No doubt.
  • dignin said:

putin on the ritz didn't spend $1MM per day for nutin' honey.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/10/01/how-russia-helped-to-swing-the-election-for-trump

There's a scholarly paper out there that studied the same thing, putin on the ritz's influence, via exit polling data, by two separate research institutuions that study elections and exit polling, in particular, and they came to the same conclusion, independent of one another. It wasn't about suppressing the vote, it was about voting Team Trump Treason or "not Hillary" based on fear, fear of immigration and "the other." If I can find it again, I'll post it again but you need to take it in with everything else we now know, including the conclusions of our intelligence agencies and all the lying about contacts between Team Trump Treason and putin on the ritz.

My personal theory is that the internal polling by the repubs showed that only Team Trump Treason would beat Hillary in the general but that it was within the margin of error, hence the suppression of the National Enquirer dirt and all the other repubs stepping aside (by not going full bore on the opposition research of Team Trump Treason) but more importantly, the willingness of Team Trump Treason campaign operatives accepting help from anywhere it was offered. Once that ball was rolling, putin on the ritz rolled out the threat of the PTape and the potential real estate deals, money laundering, etc. And now we have a dupe in the Oval. And you have to ask yourself, why is Team Trump Treason so reluctant to criticze putin on the ritz, to the point of repeating Kremlin talking points? Quid pro quo and its going to come out. Team Mueller ain't fucking around and he didn't watch his brothers in arms bleed out in Vietnam so the commies could "win."
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©

• Team Mueller ain't fucking around and he didn't watch his brothers in arms bleed out in Vietnam so the commies could "win."
    You're sounding like Walter Sobchak up in here. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Who the fuck is Walter Sobchak? I know, Google.

Brilliantati©
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    edited February 2019

Team Mueller ain't fucking around and he didn't watch his brothers in arms bleed out in Vietnam so the commies could "win."
    How people remember all this movie trivia is beyone me. The Dude abides. Now bring me a White Russian! On a leash.

But on a serious note, don't you think that Team Trump Treason's denigration of the US intelligence services, military, law enforcement, justice system and overly cozy relationship with putin on the ritz motivates folks like Team Mueller? And other public servants? 

Brilliantati©
  • People keep asking why the turnout among african americans dropped so much? Here's a reason:

House Democrats later released not only the ads but also their “targeting data”—the demographics and the geographic locations of users receiving them—which indicated to Jamieson “whom the Russians were going for.” Among other things, she could discern that the Russians had tried “to minimize the vote of African-Americans.” Bogus Kremlin-sponsored ads that had circulated online—including one depicting a black woman in front of an “african-americans for hillary” sign—had urged voters to tweet or text rather than vote, or to “avoid the line” and “vote from home.”

From the New Yorker article. The modern version of putting flyers on cars outsiode black chuches stating the election day has changed or the polling location is different.

Brilliantati©

• Team Mueller ain't fucking around and he didn't watch his brothers in arms bleed out in Vietnam so the commies could "win."
    How people remember all this movie trivia is beyone me. The Dude abides. Now bring me a White Russian! On a leash.

But on a serious note, don't you think that Team Trump Treason's denigration of the US intelligence services, military, law enforcement, justice system and overly cozy relationship with putin on the ritz motivates folks like Team Mueller? And other public servants? 
    Absolutely I do. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    edited February 2019
    Go away Hillary
    my2hands said:

but yeah, twitter LOL

I actually don't blame low black turnout on HiIlary. When you consider that black turnout was a record high only because of who was running the previous 2 elections. Unless there was another black nominee, black voter turnout was going to go down no matter what.
    Which is my I'm not certain Obama would have won if he was white, but ran the same compaign. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
    Go away Hillary
    Who the fuck is Walter Sobchak? I know, Google.
    I just lost a lot of respect for you right here brother...you should be ashamed!
    mace1229 said:
    my2hands said:

but yeah, twitter LOL

I actually don't blame low black turnout on HiIlary. When you consider that black turnout was a record high only because of who was running the previous 2 elections. Unless there was another black nominee, black voter turnout was going to go down no matter what.
    Which is my I'm not certain Obama would have won if he was white, but ran the same compaign. 
    Racists!
    Go away Hillary
    People keep asking why the turnout among african americans dropped so much? Here's a reason:

House Democrats later released not only the ads but also their “targeting data”—the demographics and the geographic locations of users receiving them—which indicated to Jamieson “whom the Russians were going for.” Among other things, she could discern that the Russians had tried “to minimize the vote of African-Americans.” Bogus Kremlin-sponsored ads that had circulated online—including one depicting a black woman in front of an “african-americans for hillary” sign—had urged voters to tweet or text rather than vote, or to “avoid the line” and “vote from home.”

From the New Yorker article. The modern version of putting flyers on cars outsiode black chuches stating the election day has changed or the polling location is different.
    Oh for the love of God... you think Trump voters are dumb, yet think memes telling people to vote by text targeted at Democrats helped swing the election? 

Fucking hilarious 
    Go away Hillary
    People keep asking why the turnout among african americans dropped so much? Here's a reason:

So then people are dumb?  People that believe that shit probably shouldn't be voting anyhow.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Go away Hillary

So then people are dumb?  People that believe that shit probably shouldn't be voting anyhow.
    And these guys say Republicans are dumb cleetus's lol
  • my2hands said:

Oh for the love of God... you think Trump voters are dumb, yet think memes telling people to vote by text targeted at Democrats helped swing the election? 

Fucking hilarious 
    Dumb people come in every size, shape, religious background, sexual orientation and yes, color.

Brilliantati©
  • People keep asking why the turnout among african americans dropped so much? Here's a reason:

So don’t discount the effectiveness of dirty tricks campaigns. Particularly by Putin on the ritz.

Brilliantati©
    Go away Hillary
    Right... memes lead to 

Trump winning white female voters over a white female candidate

National black voter turnout for the dems to drop 9%

And national union household support for the Democrat to completely crater in only 4 years

union household support for the Democrat in Ohio went from like +35% to -15% in 4 years because of memes? 

Just stop, own the loss for what it was. 
    my2hands said:
    Right... memes lead to 

Trump winning white female voters over a white female candidate

National black voter turnout for the dems to drop 9%

And national union household support for the Democrat to completely crater in only 4 years

union household support for the Democrat in Ohio went from like +35% to -15% in 4 years because of memes? 

Just stop, own the loss for what it was. 
    And you just ignore the evidence and bury your head in the sand.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    The fact that some on here believe or think they remember thing about Clinton that aren’t actually true demonstrates that socisl media disinformation does work. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf