R.I.P Peter Tork

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Good Times! was the last cd I bought of their's, released 3 years ago, and was a pretty good cd +
    As a young kid I loved the TV show x 10
    RIP PT
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    This is sad news. 

He was my favorite Monkee. He's taken the Last Train to Clarksville. There will be many fine musicians to meet him at the station. :frowning:  
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Damn. RIP Peter.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited February 2019
    My wife has described Peter Tork as "a heart throb" back when she was a young teen (she saw the Monkees in Los Angels in 1967 or '68).  I had to break the news to her this morning and I thought she might cry.  I caught her at a busy time trying to get out of here to go to work.  Good thing- I hate making her cry!  She was actually very stoical about it.  She said, "We're at that age.  It's going to keep happening and then it will be us."  Cheerful way to start my day (but she's right).
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Got hugely into the Monkees the same time i got into grunge.  They were the real deal no matter what their origins were.  
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Underrated pop catalogue. RIP. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    I remember the show being in reruns on TV when I was a kid.  I loved that show. 
    Zod said:
    I remember the show being in reruns on TV when I was a kid.  I loved that show. 
    Oh man, yeah, what a fun show.  Even my G.I. generation parents dug it.  Everybody loved that show. 

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    So now there’s only two monkeys & two Beatles left alive ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    They should team up
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • So now there’s only two monkeys & two Beatles left alive ..
    and us old kats ain't that far behind ugh!
    i got less days on the horse than in the back of the cart...
  • mvwmvw Posts: 1,642
    R.I.P.  Peter.

He was my favorite Monkee by far.  Only 2 Monkees left jumping on the bed.

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    brianlux said:
    My wife has described Peter Tork as "a heart throb" back when she was a young teen (she saw the Monkees in Los Angels in 1967 or '68).  I had to break the news to her this morning and I thought she might cry.  I caught her at a busy time trying to get out of here to go to work.  Good thing- I hate making her cry!  She was actually very stoical about it.  She said, "We're at that age.  It's going to keep happening and then it will be us."  Cheerful way to start my day (but she's right).
    Did you ever see them?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    kramer73 said:
    brianlux said:
    Did you ever see them?
    Sorry to say, no.  My wife loved seeing them.  She was probably only 14 or 15 at the time.  She likes to tell the story about how her mother only let her go to the show if she wore this frumpy dress so she stuffed something more fashionable (i.e., shorter) into her purse and changed into it before the show, haha!

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    and us old kats ain't that far behind ugh!
    i got less days on the horse than in the back of the cart...
    lol not so fast I’ve slowed my cart to a crawl..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....