Poll--The Weakest Link: Led Zeppelin's 'Led Zeppelin IV' Round 1

Comments

• Rock and Roll
    brianlux said:
    rummy said:
    ed243421 said:

But in the end he plays Kashmir!
    I always wondered about that?

A subtle part of the movie demonstrating what a f**kup he was? Director’s error?
    I'm curious as to what is that movie.  Doesn't look familiar.
    Fast Times
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Stairway to Heaven
    What do you all think?  Will they one day be called "Sir Robert Anthony Plant"...

...and "Sir James Patrick Page"?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    brianlux said:
    rummy said:
    ed243421 said:

A subtle part of the movie demonstrating what a f**kup he was? Director’s error?
    Fast Times
    Yes, the movie where I fell in love with Phoebe Cates.

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    ed243421 said:

I've always found it weird that when he shows up for his date he's playing Kashmir.
    #FHP
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    ^^^Guess I should have read all the comments.

Can't believe the lack of love for Four Sticks. I've always really dug it since I read that it got it's title because it was played with four sticks.
    #FHP
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Four Sticks
    Four Sticks is a cool song but something has to finish last on this record...
    Can't believe Rock & Roll is looking like it will be out in Round 1. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Misty Mountain Hop
    Four Sticks is a cool song but something has to finish last on this record...
    Can't believe Rock & Roll is looking like it will be out in Round 1. 
    It figures Rock & Roll would go out first.  If we were voting for the strongest link, that'd be my pick. :angry:
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Rock and Roll
    Regarding the scene from Fast Times, I see that as exactly how uncool Mark is; he can't even follow specific instructions given by Damone.

The uncool Mark got it right, though. In terms of making out, "Kashimir" > any song on side 1 of IV.
  • Rock and Roll
    Hobbes said:
    Regarding the scene from Fast Times, I see that as exactly how uncool Mark is; he can't even follow specific instructions given by Damone.

The uncool Mark got it right, though. In terms of making out, "Kashimir" > any song on side 1 of IV.

So you're thinking he fumbled into a wise choice? Maybe. Probably actually.
  • Rock and Roll
    MedozK said:
    brianlux said:
    rummy said:
    ed243421 said:

Fast Times
    Yes, the movie where I fell in love with Phoebe Cates.

The Cars Moving In Stereo was the ambiance for one of the greatest scenes in the 80s!
  • Misty Mountain Hop
    Four sticks?  Really?!?  WTH is wrong with you people?!?
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Rock and Roll
    Hobbes said:

So you're thinking he fumbled into a wise choice? Maybe. Probably actually.
    I am not certain how it is written in the original script, but I highly doubt that Cameron Crowe would have made the mistake of thinking "Kashmir" was on IV.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    The Battle of Evermore
    I remember having a "Stairway to Heaven" dance when I was in Jr High.....would have been 1982 or so.

I also remember listening to STH backwards in my sunday school class at church to hear Satan.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Stairway to Heaven
    I like to make out to side 2 of Louder Than Love
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    The Battle of Evermore
    ed243421 said:
    I like to make out to side 2 of Louder Than Love
    with what?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Misty Mountain Hop
    I remember having a "Stairway to Heaven" dance when I was in Jr High.....would have been 1982 or so.

I also remember listening to STH backwards in my sunday school class at church to hear Satan.
    There has to be more to this story than just that snippet?!?
  • OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    edited February 2019
    Four Sticks

...then they played the game Bloody Mary-- then played Light as a feather, stiff as a board--and then watched The Exorcist. 

Edit: No? Maybe that was just for pre-teen girl slumber parties then. 
    Post edited by OffSheGoes35 on
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Going to California

I remember being forced to watch Hell's Bells: the Dangers of Rock'n'Roll on several occasions in Sunday school. It obviously didn't sink in too well.  =)

Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Misty Mountain Hop

I remember being forced to watch Hell's Bells: the Dangers of Rock'n'Roll on several occasions in Sunday school. It obviously didn't sink in too well.  =)

Oh man that's great!

I had a discussion in 5th grade, all of the 5th grade, on why I liked heavy metal and why it was nothing abnormal.

The next year everyone that was arguing w me was singing Bon Jovi, Whitesnake and poison...
  • Rock and Roll
    Rock and Roll
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Rock and Roll
    Now we're talking. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Rock and Roll
    Says the man who picked Misty Mountain Hop. :angry:
    edited February 2019
    Rock and Roll

...then they played the game Bloody Mary-- then played Light as a feather, stiff as a board--and then watched The Exorcist. 

Nah, after playing records backwards to try to hear non-existent Satanic lyrics, us Catholic school kids followed up with a couple rounds of spin the bottle and seven minutes in heaven. :whistle:

Haha, we didn't have to go to Sunday school. We had Religion as a core subject. :fearful:
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Misty Mountain Hop
    njnancy said:
    Four Sticks guitar riff>Misty Mountain

I don't want to stay for tea and have some fun...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Black Dog
    What in the Houses of the Holy is going on here?! Anyone who voted for Levee, California or Stairway should have their voting rights revoked.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Black Dog
    njnancy said:

Nah, after playing records backwards to try to hear non-existent Satanic lyrics, us Catholic school kids followed up with a couple rounds of spin the bottle and seven minutes in heaven. :whistle:

Haha, we didn't have to go to Sunday school. We had Religion as a core subject. :fearful:
    HAHA! Do kids still play those games or is it just swipe left or right while sitting looking at phones and sending Sexts?
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Rock and Roll
    njnancy said:
    Four Sticks guitar riff>Misty Mountain

I don't want to stay for tea and have some fun...
    Just take a good look at yourself.....

Rock and Roll
    tbergs said:
    What in the Houses of the Holy is going on here?! Anyone who voted for Levee, California or Stairway should have their voting rights revoked.
    I'm protecting the levee, but there's gollum and mountains that need help too. :anguished:

I could see voting out Stairway near the end - to have one of those others win finally. But not in the first round. Back Dog, Rock and Roll - overplayed, bye bye. 
    Rock and Roll
    tbergs said:
    njnancy said:

HAHA! Do kids still play those games or is it just swipe left or right while sitting looking at phones and sending Sexts?
    LOL - I have no idea how anyone learns how to kiss these days. Swiping ain't gonna cut it. Need some good clean fun for that. :smiley:
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Stairway to Heaven

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11