Options

The Who or Pink Floyd

Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,514
Two bands I love hearing PJ cover during their shows are Pink Floyd and The Who.  Both bands I believe had huge influences on their music.  If you had a choice to listen to Pearl Jam do a live show cover of one of these two albums, which would you rather hear?  These are my favorites albums of each Pink Floyd and The Who and I love PJ’s covers of Love Reign O’er Me and Comfortably Numb,
I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.

The Who or Pink Floyd 25 votes

The Wall - Pink Floyd
40%
pjpjpaulJM84420Thirty Bills UnpaidaurelgugusCountingStepsfruuppJeremyV135deadendpnjnancyGlorified KC 10 votes
Quadrophenia - The Who
60%
Who PrincessPB11041HesCalledDyerCP218430DJ253147PaptruthchordF Me In The BrainHobbesjoe159SmallestOceansConorKavanaghCsAc99Meltdown99LULES81 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,793
    Quadrophenia - The Who
    Quadrophenia - it is the pinnacle work of The Who

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    The Wall - Pink Floyd
    I've seen them cover "The Real Me" and Ed do "I'm One" with Pete Townsend, both performances were awesome.  There would probably be more sentimental value in covering the The Who, given how big of an influence they are on the band.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Quadrophenia - The Who
    You really have to ask?
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    The Wall - Pink Floyd
    @Who PrincessI don't think there's much doubt on which way you would have voted!

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Quadrophenia - The Who
    Both are awesome albums but I think PJ's style fits Quadrophenia much better.
  • Options
    The Wall - Pink Floyd
    I'm not sure if anyone's interested, but I compiled a concept album by making a playlist of PJ songs.
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited March 2019
    The Wall - Pink Floyd
    Quadrophenia is the obvious answer and was extremely influential in EV's life, according to his interviews and they cover The  Who really well. Ed's performance of 'I'm One' is one of my favorite cover performances to watch. 

That's why I picked The Wall - it would be interesting  to see them cover an entire Pink Floyd album, and one that has such an important place in popular culture - when PF performed the album as the Berlin Wall was being dissembled. Goes along with the political strain of the band. 

Neither choice is bad though.
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    The Wall - Pink Floyd
    njnancy said:
    Quadrophenia is the obvious answer and was extremely influential in EV's life, according to his interviews and they cover The  Who really well. Ed's performance of 'I'm The One' is one of my favorite cover performances to watch. 

That's why I picked The Wall - it would be interesting  to see them cover an entire Pink Floyd album, and one that has such an important place in popular culture - when PF performed the album as the Berlin Wall was being dissembled. Goes along with the political strain of the band. 

Neither choice is bad though.
    I agree Quadrophenia is probably the more logical choice, given what you said @njnancy.  I just love their cover of Comfortably Numb so much that it makes me want to hear them cover more off of The Wall.  They've tagged "Another Brick in the Wall" several times at the end of "Daughter," but i don't believe they've done much more than that off of The Wall.  I can hear them covering "Hey You" in the back of my mind and would love to hear that sometime.  If it's out there, can anyone share it with me?
  • Options
    JM84420JM84420 Backstage Posts: 48
    The Wall - Pink Floyd
    Hearing Eddie sing Young Lust would be the best. Plus Eddie giving the trail during The Wall would be amazing