Pearl Jam Selected as 2019 National Record Store Day Ambassadors

124»

Comments

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Loujoe said:
    I enjoy rsd.

Line up early with a bunch of other obsessive music lovers and a few flippers.
    The joint I go to gives bags of stuff away and I spend money I scrape together to support the whole scene...record stores, musicians...
    If pj has a rsd release I'll line up even earlier...
     It's still fun and I'm happy for pj.

Its only rock and roll.
    This made me smile this morning.  Thank you for that.  :smile:  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    RSD is fun. It easy to get cynical about it, but theres nothing awesomer than coming home with a stack of new records with music from bands you love. Even if its a live record, or best of, or some reissue on colored wax. Its new records and its supporting small businesses. Its just fun. 

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited February 2019
    RSD is fun. It easy to get cynical about it, but theres nothing awesomer than coming home with a stack of new records with music from bands you love. Even if its a live record, or best of, or some reissue on colored wax. Its new records and its supporting small businesses. Its just fun. 

I really enjoy RSD...
    we have a bunch of record shops that are all pretty close together,
    so it's easy to hit up multiple stores!
    Seems like I'm always bumping into other PJ fans too..
    plus it's good practice for the merch lines!! :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,579
    derbydave said:

I really enjoy RSD...
    Dave you are our hope. The RSD Man!  ;)

• SUCK IT DOWN KISS HATERS.
    we BUG cause it's a lot of kicks to make fun of Keep It Simple Stupid   ;)
    and i once read how mike loved the new avril lavigne cd...so um well um LOL OK...carry on if u must ! but
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    RW8297 said:
    derbydave said:

I really enjoy RSD...
    Hope is a GOOD thing...
    we never gave up,
    even with  the 6 month shipping issues!! :wink:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    Ideally they do a fun not yet on vinyl release and possibly a couple of reissues get a RSD reboot with some minor exclusive.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited February 2019
    Having now seen the Easy Street photo I can see what they were trying to do with the graphic but with the lack of detail, it's easy to see how it still looks wrong.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557

Whatever they release, the bitching will follow, "Those should have been OUR annual singles...!!!".

4.29.2005 at Easy Street will be a rad release though, however we get it.

Glad they are RSD ambassadors and not vinyl ambassadors after the fanclub single issues. Looking forward to whatever they release and hoping it's something like Easy Street and not a Benny reissue. Ideally it would something unreleased from the archive.
    FR181798 said:
    Glad they are RSD ambassadors and not vinyl ambassadors after the fanclub single issues. 
    So we've just gonna overlook them doing vinyl since 1991 and continuing to do it when it was at its lowest demand? 

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    FR181798 said:
    Glad they are RSD ambassadors and not vinyl ambassadors after the fanclub single issues. 
    So we've just gonna overlook them doing vinyl since 1991 and continuing to do it when it was at its lowest demand? 

They are damned if they do, damned if they don't.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

edited February 2019
    FR181798 said:

Not overlooking that at all, but RSD is about supporting independent record stores which I think is a good fit for pj regardless of the format. It would have been ironic if they had been vinyl ambassadors, the same year they called time on the vinyl single. As it is, unlike others I don't think this announcement is ironic.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    derbydave said:
    RW8297 said:
    derbydave said:

I really enjoy RSD...
    Hope is a GOOD thing...
    we never gave up,
    even with  the 6 month shipping issues!! :wink:
    The DerbyDave optimism! :hug:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:

Not overlooking that at all, but RSD is about supporting independent record stores which I think is a good fit for pj regardless of the format. It would have been ironic if they had been vinyl ambassadors, the same year they called time on the vinyl single. As it is, unlike others I don't think this announcement is ironic.
    gotcha
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Love record store day. Actually ran into Mike when he was at a local store in Greenville in 2016.
  • MedozK said:
    Love record store day. Actually ran into Mike when he was at a local store in Greenville in 2016.
    Still kicking myself for being in the merch line and not there. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2019
    nvm
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

• SUCK IT DOWN KISS HATERS.
    we BUG cause it's a lot of kicks to make fun of Keep It Simple Stupid   ;)
    and i once read how mike loved the new avril lavigne cd...so um well um LOL OK...carry on if u must ! but
    That was Jeff Ament, wasn't it? If you talk about her first album... or are they both hooked on Avril LIKE THE REST OF US!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2019
    Crew said:
    Anyone else really irked how lazy the top sign text is..?  Looks like an indie band logo.

They took the time to get the perspective right on the bottom, but the name looks like it was thrown in via MSPaint. 

30 seconds on my phone to make it look 100x better.  Sheesh.

You're reading the image and sign wrong. It's not lazy and your version is wrong. Sheesh:

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Crew said:
    Anyone else really irked how lazy the top sign text is..?  Looks like an indie band logo.

They took the time to get the perspective right on the bottom, but the name looks like it was thrown in via MSPaint. 

30 seconds on my phone to make it look 100x better.  Sheesh.

You're reading the image and sign wrong. It's not lazy and your version is wrong. Sheesh:

Well, you know Pearl Jam fans, S_C.  Gotta pick apart every little detail. :lol:
  • That was Jeff Ament, wasn't it? If you talk about her first album... or are they both hooked on Avril LIKE THE REST OF US!
    i'm 98.8% sure it was mike. and um i wasn't a avril fan so no need to paint me with that brush ha ha i was too busy being a hippie....