Pearl Jam Selected as 2019 National Record Store Day Ambassadors

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2019

SUCK IT DOWN KISS HATERS.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • So a band that has cancelled its yearly vinyl for its fans, has been chosen to be the Record Store Day ambassador........ now that’s funny. 
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • BH87446BH87446 Posts: 113
    The full show of Easy Street on vinyl would definitely be cool. Either way, I certainly hope they put out SOMETHING beyond just more reissues of past singles...
  • BH87446 said:
    The full show of Easy Street on vinyl would definitely be cool. Either way, I certainly hope they put out SOMETHING beyond just more reissues of past singles...
    How about V1 & V2?
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    If the band does do a live performance again @ Easy Street Records on April 13th I hope they broadcast it live online, like how Metallica did it back in 2016 on RSD.

I'm guessing Pearl Jam's Easy Street Records 2005 show will be pressed on black or red vinyl on RSD this April, with Easy Street Records selling exclusive blood splatter copies in store only.
  • JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    edited February 2019
    Hobbes said:

Yeah that's great and all, PJ playing Save You at Easy Street, so EPIC I'm sure, but can you turn that shit down so I can hear what Mike is saying. Thanks.
  • So a band that has cancelled its yearly vinyl for its fans, has been chosen to be the Record Store Day ambassador........ now that’s funny. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • What a shame. RSD is killing small record labels and is now a sham for big labels to flog a load of crap and cash in on anyone who has recently died.
    The original intention was incredible, but that is now long gone.
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • What a shame. RSD is killing small record labels and is now a sham for big labels to flog a load of crap and cash in on anyone who has recently died.
    I haven't gone to an RSD in two years now.
    5 or 6 for me now.

Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • I bought that AIC single and Neil Young - Harvest Moon. Nothing after that.
    5 or 6 for me now.

The print runs are so big now that I don't have to get up early anymore if I want something and the only thing that I've wanted was the DMB titles and I get those off of his site.
  • If they don't release the whole show it'll be pretty disappointing.  It's just getting sad around here though. Everything from the band is just looking back, all the reissuses, remastered, box sets, a PJ museum, fewer and fewer shows at larger venues and festivals, tons of ridiculous merch with no new music, no annual single anymore. 
  • SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    I really want to know who edited that YouTube video - absolutely abysmal.
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    HAHAHAHA!!!
    BH87446 said:
    How about V1 & V2?
    That’d be awesome, but I feel like Easy Street is probably the most likely, if anything...
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    How about just releasing the Easy Street CD again? When I visited Easy Street shop last year they dont even have that show available to sell because it's out of print.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    BENAROYA HALL RSD EXLUSIVE COMING
    My bet is that it's re-released as Vault Ten
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
    PSUS2H said:
    I would s*** a solid gold brick if that happens 😉
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    BH87446 said:
    PSUS2H said:
    I would s*** a solid gold brick if that happens 😉
    Its the easiest way to do it w/o upsetting the original owners and do something cool for the 10th vault.  anyways...back to RSD....remember when they sold some limited mystery vinyl a few years ago for RSD BF.  That'd be rad to bring back.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
    edited February 2019
    Maybe they announce the Easy Street show as the next vault on RSD and release the EP as a sampler on RSD
  • BC62528BC62528 Posts: 199
    Loved watching the video - great performance of Save You.  Reminder of the gold old days when they use to play music together.
    edited February 2019
    What's up with the choppy editing. The audio cuts and levels...

They must have uploaded some unfinished edit by mistake?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Full easy street on vinyl would be amazing. I hope they release something cool for RSD
    Full easy street on vinyl would be amazing. I hope they release something cool for RSD
    I do too. I just hope though the Pearl Jam RSD product will be available globally & not exclusive to USA record stores this April.
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    demetrios said:
    I do too. I just hope though the Pearl Jam RSD product will be available globally & not exclusive to USA record stores this April.
    And in enough quantities that we're all not getting shut out. 
    My days of waiting in line at 6am for RSD are over hahah
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

demetrios said:
    And in enough quantities that we're all not getting shut out. 
    My days of waiting in line at 6am for RSD are over hahah
    I don't mind waiting in line early in the morning for something I want. The only thing that sucks is if you are not 1st or 2nd in line, for RSD, there is no need to line up & wait that long as many independent ma & pa record stores only carry 1 or 2 copies of a RSD title hit. Last RSD I waited in line for Citizen Dick. Taz Records only had 1 coloured copy. That's it. Also last Black Friday they didn't have any Chris Cornell RSD copies as there was a delay of shipping because of Canada Post. They didn't even have a copy of that Green River Christmas vinyl. :/  The only way I could of purchased these were online, not in stores.

What sucks about RSD is the BIG record stores in the USA will get dozens (if not hundreds) of copies per store. This April, the store that will guarantee you a copy of Pearl Jam's new RSD copy is Easy Street Records. They carried ALOT of Green River - Away In The Manager vinyl last November.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    oh, the irony! 
    My first thought as well.  A supreme example of irony it is!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    I don't see how the end of the fan club single has anything to do with independent record stores or RSD. Its not like the band said they are done with vinyl outright.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I don't see how the end of the fan club single has anything to do with independent record stores or RSD. Its not like the band said they are done with vinyl outright.

You with your sense of reason - be gone!
    ;)