Burned-out house for sale for $1M in Metro Vancouver

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
Burned-out house for sale for $1M in Metro Vancouver

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/burned-out-house-for-sale-for-1m-in-metro-vancouver-1.4289904?fbclid=IwAR30ik3AjAjZdDJH0juaTBto81DOoDtxY6dC9k_3pdZTsWb973XsJLIGMbY

What a deal.  Hard to believe it's still on the market...
Give Peas A Chance…

Comments

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Location location location 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2019
    Only $1M? That's actually a really good deal in the scheme of things, I'm sorry to say.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    If I had a million or more to spend on a house it would not be in an overpopulated city...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited February 2019
    Not everyone is a city mouse. I'd personally rather buy a small condo in a nice big city than a big huge house in a small city or town. But not because of fucking real estate market. The proces are indeed out of control. I'm not buying anything ever (barring an absolutely shocking market crash). So apparently i would rather just rent an apartment in a big city than own anything anywhere else.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Not everyone is a city mouse. I'd personally rather buy a small condo in a nice big city than a big huge house in a small city or town. But not because of fucking real estate market. The proces are indeed out of control. I'm not buying anything ever (barring an absolutely shocking market crash). So apparently i would rather just rent an apartment in a big city than own anything anywhere else.
    I shouldn't knock big cities.  I do get why people like them.  My sister lives in Toronto and loves it.  I'm guessing you love the amenities, public transportation, concerts. big league sports, airport for travel etc..I get that.  I live in a very small rural town that has access to that and more 30 minutes away, without the high cost of living.  I can be in downtown Detroit in 30 minutes give or take the border, and Toronto in 3 hours. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    I don't know... you know, it's got that kind of retro/ neo-hippie plywood and plastic tarp look to it.  Kind of appealing in a nostalgic way.  I'm sure it will fly off the market. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    If the land itself is valuable, what's on it is unimportant.  That said, it doesn't look like there's much beyond the house footprint.
    You know how to become a millionaire in BC?  Move there with 10 million...lol
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJ_Soul said:
    I’m definitely not a “city mouse”.  I would much rather have a backyard with a garden and room for cookouts and for my dogs to run around.  Not to mention being able to see the Milky Way and see thunderstorms build and  beautiful sunsets and all of that other stuff you miss due to light pollution and tall buildings everywhere.  I enjoy visiting the large cities, but would not be interested in living in one.  
    ^^^I live 20 minutes from a booming greenhouse industry.  Talk about light pollution, it looks like sunrise at 4 am...our politicians is too gutless to stand up to corporate interest and pass laws requiring greenhouses to have blackout curtains...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    I would live in a big city if I could find one that is clean, quiet, well maintained, walkable, with minimal numbers of automobiles, peaceful and sustainable.  I'm pretty sure this only lives in my mind.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    I would live in a big city if I could find one that is clean, quiet, well maintained, walkable, with minimal numbers of automobiles, peaceful and sustainable.  I'm pretty sure this only lives in my mind.
    lol.  I wish you well on your search.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited February 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    I shouldn't knock big cities.  I do get why people like them.  My sister lives in Toronto and loves it.  I'm guessing you love the amenities, public transportation, concerts. big league sports, airport for travel etc..I get that.  I live in a very small rural town that has access to that and more 30 minutes away, without the high cost of living.  I can be in downtown Detroit in 30 minutes give or take the border, and Toronto in 3 hours. 
    Yes. I don't want to have to own a car, and want to be very close to everything. The location I live at now is literal perfection to me, lol.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    $1 million for that? yea and the US is fucked up (insert sarcasm emoji)
    edited February 2019
    brianlux said:
    There are some great cities that meet many of these demands, but quiet is never going to be possible in the middle of a big city. That's not a reasonable expectation... And honestly, if it did exist, that would pretty much mean that the city is super lame, lol. Anyone who wants peace and quiet should NEVER live in a big city. That's not what they're for. And I say this because there are actually some really stupid people who do move into a big city and expect this. These are the fucking idiots who constantly submit noise complaints about shit going on downtown, and who protest against large events happening in the middle of the city and that contribute massively to the city's economy and draw. They're absolutely ridiculous people, and there are plenty of them.
    Brian and PJ if they were a couple...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umS3XM3xAPk
    Give Peas A Chance…