Options

AMT Poll: Was Democratic Governor Northam the one in the KKK hood or the one in black face?

13»

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,105
    Oh goodie. More whataboutism
    Well why not ? These stories should be pointed out just like the Baffoon stating that the Democrats are harassing him yet he forgets that for 8 yrs he called Obama a foreigner totally harassing him ...
    I’m actually ok with it.  What I’m not ok with is the hypocrisy of posters that claim whatsboutism and all that nonsense....until they do it themselves.

Where did the tactic originate?

I'm thinking when Trump assumed the presidency and it quickly became evident he was wholly unfit for the job... didn't the staunchest of Trump advocates- trying to cling to any credibility they could muster for themselves- allude to Hillary and Obama with 'whatabouts' when Trump's errors began piling on top of each other (emails and Benghazi were a couple big ticket ones)? That period of time was the first time I have seen 'whataboutism' with such prevalence that it actually became a thing.

The tactic became so commonly (and pathetically) used that it began to be mocked. And, to this point in time, it continues to be mocked. The way I see it is as follows: given the desperate and failed attempts to use 'whataboutism' by the right faction to establish credibility... when it is tossed back at them... it is in my opinion (and again) a mockery.

The references to Hillary and Obama have gone away for the most part. Trump supporters stand exposed and without defence (unless they are still standing behind their tick of the box and happy with their chosen candidate). And I can understand why the original 'whataboutists' would like that component of this shameful era to disappear lest it remind them of how feebily they tried to justify their prize.
    Wait so before I respond at all here, since I’m the one that wants it to disappear are you inferring that this is a person description of me? 
    Dude. You've already responded. Your next response will be your second response.

Dude. Thanks for that. Pretty sure you could figure out what I meant...no? 

You really didnt know what i meant? Please tell me you are just trying to be clever this morning?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    Well why not ? These stories should be pointed out just like the Baffoon stating that the Democrats are harassing him yet he forgets that for 8 yrs he called Obama a foreigner totally harassing him ...
    I’m actually ok with it.  What I’m not ok with is the hypocrisy of posters that claim whatsboutism and all that nonsense....until they do it themselves.

I'm thinking when Trump assumed the presidency and it quickly became evident he was wholly unfit for the job... didn't the staunchest of Trump advocates- trying to cling to any credibility they could muster for themselves- allude to Hillary and Obama with 'whatabouts' when Trump's errors began piling on top of each other (emails and Benghazi were a couple big ticket ones)? That period of time was the first time I have seen 'whataboutism' with such prevalence that it actually became a thing.

The tactic became so commonly (and pathetically) used that it began to be mocked. And, to this point in time, it continues to be mocked. The way I see it is as follows: given the desperate and failed attempts to use 'whataboutism' by the right faction to establish credibility... when it is tossed back at them... it is in my opinion (and again) a mockery.

The references to Hillary and Obama have gone away for the most part. Trump supporters stand exposed and without defence (unless they are still standing behind their tick of the box and happy with their chosen candidate). And I can understand why the original 'whataboutists' would like that component of this shameful era to disappear lest it remind them of how feebily they tried to justify their prize.
    Wait so before I respond at all here, since I’m the one that wants it to disappear are you inferring that this is a person description of me? 
    You’re inferring it.  The question is whether he’s implying it.

Sorry.  I can’t help myself 😔
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

You’re inferring it.  The question is whether he’s implying it.

Sorry.  I can’t help myself 😔
    Ugh. This is why I am an engineer 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    edited February 2019

Dude. You've already responded. Your next response will be your second response.

You really didnt know what i meant? Please tell me you are just trying to be clever this morning?
    Three responses!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Three responses!
    Yeah but he already answered my question. Man keep up.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    jfc

Did anyone see Will Smith is doing blue face in his next movie?

Pretty tone deaf in today's political climate if you ask me....read the room, Will!
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    Both the governor & lieutenant should just go away get lost ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    Did anyone see Will Smith is doing blue face in his next movie?

Pretty tone deaf in today's political climate if you ask me....read the room, Will!
    The Smurf Defamation League is not going to take kindly to this. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com