Wish You Were Here SACD

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
Just got the hybrid 5.1 version cannot wait!  Anyone already had a listen to it already?  What are your thoughts?

Comments

• No idea what this even is...
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    I love it!  I purchased back in 2011.  The 5.1 mix is my favorite by far.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    edited February 2019
    SACD. Super audio CD

The first try at audiophile grade digital.  So really the one of the first HD digital audio formats.  Better than CD,.  

The players used to be special cd players, more $$$, but sony has been supporting sacd playback for some time now,  so you can get a great deck for a few hundred.

A hybrid sacd is playable in any player as it has multi layers for diff playback devices. 

Pink Floyd Wywh. And dsrkside are two of the best sacd tiles.  The 5.1 mixes age supposed to be unreal 

Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    So gooooooooood!!!!!
    edited February 2019
    Giving it the first listen today.....WOW.  The separation of the instruments and clarity is amazing.  The 5.1 mix makes it like you are in a soundtrack, like literally the movie is playing and you are in it while someone  else is watching.

Oh wait, Welcome to the Machine is giving me a total mind fuck right now.

I feel like I am at a private concert in my family room and DG and RW are singing to me.  The keyboard sounds sooo good
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    hrd2imgn said:
    Giving it the first listen today.....WOW.  The separation of the instruments and clarity is amazing.  The 5.1 mix makes it like you are in a soundtrack, like literally the movie is playing and you are in it while someone  else is watching.

I feel like I am at a private concert in my family room and DG and RW are singing to me.  The keyboard sounds sooo good
    You like this, you’ll want to check out the DTS-X version of Soundgarden’s Superunknown. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    I have the SACD of Dark Side of the Moon. it's pretty good also.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    I got it in 2011, however just have a standard setup so can't enjoy it in all its glory however id say its some of the best packaging of any Floyd rerelease
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
    hrd2imgn said:

You like this, you’ll want to check out the DTS-X version of Soundgarden’s Superunknown. 
    I had the link and it is long gone, is it still hanging around somewhere?  It was awesome!
  • fafane45fafane45 Posts: 90
    hrd2imgn said:
    hrd2imgn said:

I had the link and it is long gone, is it still hanging around somewhere?  It was awesome!
    There's a DSD SACD version of Superinknown. Where can it be purchased? Has anyone listened to it? 
    fafane45 said:
    hrd2imgn said:
    hrd2imgn said:

There's a DSD SACD version of Superinknown. Where can it be purchased? Has anyone listened to it? 
    It’s in the super deluxe edition on disc. I have that set but have no gear to play it. The code that came with the 2 disc reissue is to an app that no longer exists sadly. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    I heard it in the DTS X app with studio monitor headphones and it was FUCKiNG INCREDIBLE. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Maybe an Atmos mix will come at some point. Is that was DTS X became? 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Paging @mrussel1
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Not my super area of expertise, however I know Atmos and DTS X are competitors not replacements.  Atmos requires a minimum of 7.1 to work properly, whereas DTS:X allegedly creates the 3D spatial effects with as few as 5 channels.  

Unfortunately my wife does not love loud movies, so even though I have a good setup on my 3rd floor, we never (ever) use it.  It's annoying but I hate watching movies alone. 

mrussel1 said:
    Not my super area of expertise, however I know Atmos and DTS X are competitors not replacements.  Atmos requires a minimum of 7.1 to work properly, whereas DTS:X allegedly creates the 3D spatial effects with as few as 5 channels.  

Unfortunately my wife does not love loud movies, so even though I have a good setup on my 3rd floor, we never (ever) use it.  It's annoying but I hate watching movies alone. 

That bolded bit right there. Thanks for the clarification! 
    www.cluthelee.com