2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution
    Votes my goats 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,834
    edited February 2019
    What Do You Do for Money Honey
    A solid guitar solo isn't quite enough to save this cringe-worthy chorus from being "The Weakest Link"
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Let Me Put My Love into You
    Great seeing everyone's involvement. This round's poll will close Wednesday (2/6) at 5:00 cst.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    I absolutely hate You Shook Me because it was overplayed and I haven't listened to it for years. I understand it's not a weak song, but what radio, weddings, HS dances and any other event did to it has ruined the song for me. Great album though.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    cutz said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I want to play generally, but I can't for this particular poll, because there is no way in hell that I'm going to listen to an AC/DC album to figure out which is the worst song. I wish there was an all of the above option, lol. I can't stand AC/DC.
    Looking forward to the next polls though S_C!

What...

... in the gawddamn hell...

... is wrong with you?
    I'm right ther with PJ_Soul as i can't stand AC/DC either. 

I'm also looking forward to the next polls.
    This music is definitely dated but there are 3 songs on this album that will never go away and as long as there are strip clubs the song "You shook me" will always be played...
    Lol. True. Maybe that is a big part of why I started hating them. Some of their songs were SO overplayed I just couldn't take it anymore. You Shook Me All Night Long is the worst culprit for sure.
    I will admit, however, that I can still have a giggle when I sing along to Big Balls.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    dankind said:
    cutz said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I want to play generally, but I can't for this particular poll, because there is no way in hell that I'm going to listen to an AC/DC album to figure out which is the worst song. I wish there was an all of the above option, lol. I can't stand AC/DC.

What...

... is wrong with you?

This music is definitely dated but there are 3 songs on this album that will never go away and as long as there are strip clubs the song "You shook me" will always be played...
    I prefer my strippers dance to Moneytalks:smiley:
    @F Me In The Brain requests "Big Balls."

:lol:
    HAHAHA>All good ones!!
  • Options
    You Shook Me All Night Long
    dankind said:
    cutz said:
    PJ_Soul said:

What...

... is wrong with you?

I prefer my strippers dance to Moneytalks:smiley:
    @F Me In The Brain requests "Big Balls."

:lol:
    How about “Let’s Get it Up”.
    https://youtu.be/wGj5se3Z0dQ
    Loose lips sink ships.

Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Shake a Leg
    Dude, I love that song!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,682
    brianlux said:
    'scuse me for interrupting this fine thread for a moment but I'm intrigued by it as there seems to be a lot of love for this album.  I've never much gotten into AC/DC, mainly for the lame reason that one of their best known songs ("You Shook Me All Night Long") still reverberates painfully from what should be a long-forgotten heartbreak (and I'm happily married now several years so it's not so much the specific heartbreak as it is the song reflecting a by-gone pain.)  Anyway, the point is,  that experience stopped me from exploring this album further than what got air play and now exempts me from voting here due to lack of familiarity.  You've all peaked my interest here.  I may have to give this one a fair chance after-all.  

Start w the album cover.  It's all black in honor of Bon Scott.

It has one of the most recognizable rock songs in Shook me.

Hell Bells is a chilling great song and great way to open the album.

brianlux said:
    'scuse me for interrupting this fine thread for a moment but I'm intrigued by it as there seems to be a lot of love for this album.  I've never much gotten into AC/DC, mainly for the lame reason that one of their best known songs ("You Shook Me All Night Long") still reverberates painfully from what should be a long-forgotten heartbreak (and I'm happily married now several years so it's not so much the specific heartbreak as it is the song reflecting a by-gone pain.)  Anyway, the point is,  that experience stopped me from exploring this album further than what got air play and now exempts me from voting here due to lack of familiarity.  You've all peaked my interest here.  I may have to give this one a fair chance after-all.  

In my mind... Back in Black and Highway to Hell are the two classic/great ACDC albums- ranking up there with any album ever.

Some of my friends insist that a few others need to be in the mix, but it's not even close in my mind.

MedozK said:
    brianlux said:

Put the album on... sit back, close your eyes, and enjoy one of the greatest rock albums of all time.

Side Note: I got my first speeding ticket while listening to this album (Shoot to Thrill was actually the song on when I saw the blue lights..lol)
    Looks like I need to get with it on this one (but no speeding ticket, lol!)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I'm surprised that 'What do you do for Money Honey' looks like it's going in the first round. That is pretty shocking to me. Not life altering, just unexpected. 
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    This poll has closed
This discussion has been closed.