Options

Attempts to rescue Spanish toddler hit snag

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    This is a terrible tragedy, and I don't think there is any chance at all that this kid is alive. Very very sad, and it's brutal that no one covered that bore hole in the first place.
    With these stories, I am always surprised that we don't yet have better technology and methods to do such rescues. Considering all that humans have achieved technologically, we still seem to struggle so much when it comes to drilling holes in the ground to rescue people trapped underground.
    ......... I wonder if Elon Musk wanted to volunteer some help, but didn't because of how he got trashed for trying to help the last time? :pensive:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    awful
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    Instead of better rescue technology, how about not covering up a 300-foot hole with something so fragile a toddler can knock it lose and fall in.
    Unfortunately I can't see how it is possible for him to survive the fall, let alone the several days after.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Instead of better rescue technology, how about not covering up a 300-foot hole with something so fragile a toddler can knock it lose and fall in.
    Unfortunately I can't see how it is possible for him to survive the fall, let alone the several days after.
    Well yeah, I mentioned that. But either way better rescue technology is always needed. There are natural holes that people fall down as well, and caves that people get trapped in, and mines that collapse, etc.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    Well yeah, I mentioned that. But either way better rescue technology is always needed. There are natural holes that people fall down as well, and caves that people get trapped in, and mines that collapse, etc.
    Yeah, I know. I just can't believe there isn't more people upset with whoever is drilling. I haven't seen anything about it. This is either the fault of the drilling company, or if they were somehow trespassing and not supposed to be there then partially the parents too. But still blows my mind that a hole like this was only covered up with "earth." Whatever that means.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    Yeah, I know. I just can't believe there isn't more people upset with whoever is drilling. I haven't seen anything about it. This is either the fault of the drilling company, or if they were somehow trespassing and not supposed to be there then partially the parents too. But still blows my mind that a hole like this was only covered up with "earth." Whatever that means.
    I'm going to guess that they really don't have the energy or resources for that just now. I'm sure all attention and effort is solely focused on this (doomed) rescue mission. I'm sure after that's over, the blame game will begin in earnest.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Spanish rescuers recover body of toddler who fell in deep well

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/spain-toddler-well-body-recovered-1.4994164
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    So sad feel terrible for the parents these tragedies really get me emotionally...poor folks 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    The parents already lost a 3 year old child a few years ago apparently, from some kind of heart defect. So sad they lost another.