Options

Former Dallas Cowboys player breaking barriers as first in NFL history to marry a man

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
Former Dallas Cowboys player breaking barriers as first in NFL history to marry a man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=70&v=A_yiomW9pvA
Give Peas A Chance…

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,105
    Good for him. Glad he can be happy.

still hate the cowboys :)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

I find it hard to believe he was the first.  But the first to come out openly, maybe. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited January 2019

I find it hard to believe he was the first.  But the first to come out openly, maybe. 
    Same, good for him regardless!
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

I agree.  They seem really happy, what else really matters?
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,105
    PJPOWER said:

Beer.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Beer.
    And Pizza...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    Yes good for them ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    PJPOWER said:

Beer.
    And Pizza...
    Pearl Jam album and tour 2019
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    As a Vikings fan, I hate the Packers...

...but Vince Lombardi was ahead of the curve.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/03/vince-lombardi-accepted-gay-players-on-his-team/
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,389
    Good for him. Do we really need stories celbrating all of these firsts though? I think it does the opposite of the goal to normalize acceptance. So what if he was in the NFL? Why is this news?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited January 2019

Yes, that's what I thought. Surely he couldn't really be the first. And honestly, this won't be a breakthrough until a CURRENT NFL player comes out and can keep his job and his fans.
    (I actually remember a Law & Order: SVU episode about exactly this btw, lol. An NFL player was in the closet, and secretly married a man, and then he was outed when his husband was murdered by his sadistic sports agent who didn't want his secret to come out. He was booted out of the NHL immediately, lost all his product contracts, and then a violent hate crime was committed against him by angry fans, and I believe he fucking died at the end, either from suicide or murder. It was a sad episode!... And definitely a good message about the terrible homophobia or fear of it that NFL players are subjected to)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,389
    PJ_Soul said:

Yes, that's what I thought. Surely he couldn't really be the first. And honestly, this won't be a breakthrough until a CURRENT NFL player comes out and can keep his job and his fans.
    (I actually remember a Law & Order: SVU episode about exactly this btw, lol. An NFL player was in the closet, and secretly married a man, and then he was outed when his husband was murdered by his sadistic sports agent who didn't want his secret to come out. He was booted out of the NHL immediately, lost all his product contracts, and then a violent hate crime was committed against him by angry fans, and I believe he fucking died at the end, either from suicide or murder. It was a sad episode!... And definitely a good message about the terrible homophobia or fear of it that NFL players are subjected to)
    SVU used to be good. Past couple seasons are predictable 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:

SVU used to be good. Past couple seasons are predictable 
    I haven't watched it for a couple years - that is too bad. It was indeed a good a show... I think it was all downhill once Christopher Meloni left the show (when was that? Like 4 years ago?). That's kinda why I stopped watching.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,756
    Good for him. Do we really need stories celbrating all of these firsts though? I think it does the opposite of the goal to normalize acceptance. So what if he was in the NFL? Why is this news?
    yes, it shows players are/were gay that shared a locker room with 52 other men. soon, other than that one college player who tried out a couple years ago, there will be an active player whos also out
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14