• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

Infinite Color & Sound Presents: Sway

News January 18 2019

Mike McCready & Kate Neckel
    Infinite Color & Sound
    Main Gallery Performances
    West Gallery Exhibiton
    March 22 – May 18, 2019

We're excited to announce Infinite Color & Sound Presents: Sway by Mike and New York/Seattle artist Kate Neckel. 

Infinite Color & Sound is a collaborative visual art and music project, with works ranging from collage, sculpture, painting, drawing, music and performance.

There will be two performances at Winston Wächter Fine Art in Seattle where guests will experience an intimate view of the process which created the Infinite Color and Sound project.

Opening Reception and Performances to take place Friday, March 22nd & Saturday, March 23rd with doors at 7:30pm

Stay tuned for ticket info.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I'm so confused but cool to see people doing what they are passionate about.   

Pearl Jam's Mike McCready launching "Infinite Color & Sound" art and music exhibition

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images

Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready has teamed up with New York and Seattle-based artist Kate Neckel to launch a new exhibition titled Infinite Color & Sound Presents: Sway.

Described as a "collaborative visual art and music project," the exhibit will include collages, sculptures, paintings, drawings and musical performances.

Infinite Color & Sound will premiere March 22 at the Winston Wächter Fine Art gallery in Seattle, and will be open through May 18.

If you want to see McCready play guitar in Pearl Jam, the band doesn't currently have any shows on their schedule.  But guitarist Stone Gossard recently confirmed that the group is in the middle of making a new album, so perhaps that'll change.

Premiere of artistic duo, Mike McCready and Kate Neckel, Infinite Sound and Color

In Brief: Winston Wächter Fine Art is pleased to announce the premiere exhibition Sway by the collaborative duo Infinite Color & Sound, comprised of artist and musician Mike McCready (of Pearl Jam) and New York/Seattle painter Kate Neckel. Infinite Color & Sound is a visual art and music duo, with works ranging from collage, sculpture, painting, drawing, music and performance. Guests of the two performances will experience an intimate view of the process which created artistic duo, Infinite Color and Sound.
    Upon meeting, the two immediately connected artistically and began their journey through color and sound, which can be described as ‘Infinite’ due to a lack of rules, boundaries, or restrictions in their synergistic creations. “You could drop us anywhere and we could create…,” says Neckel. “We intuitively guide each other and know how to play like kids. Mike feels what I feel and knows exactly what to do with it. I trust his hands and eyes like my own.” McCready adds, “Kate has an amazing, artistic vision. Her paintings are expressive and moving and it’s an honor to be creating with her. She has given me a confidence to step out of my comfort zone of (Polaroid photography and music) and challenges me to try other mediums like painting and collage. One of my favorite aspects of this project is the vulnerability that is celebrated.”

In Full: Winston Wächter Fine Art is pleased to announce the premiere exhibition Sway by the collaborative group Infinite Color & Sound, comprised of artist and musician Mike McCready (of Pearl Jam) and New York/Seattle painter Kate Neckel. Infinite Color & Sound is a visual art and music duo, with works ranging from collage, sculpture, painting, drawing, music and performance. Guests of the two performances will experience an intimate view of the process which created artistic duo, Infinite Color and Sound.

Upon meeting, the two immediately connected artistically and began their journey through color and sound, which can be described as ‘Infinite’ due to a lack of rules, boundaries, or restrictions in their synergistic creations. “You could drop us anywhere and we could create…,” says Neckel. “We intuitively guide each other and know how to play like kids. Mike feels what I feel and knows exactly what to do with it. I trust his hands and eyes like my own.” McCready adds, “Kate has an amazing, artistic vision. Her paintings are expressive and moving and it’s an honor to be creating with her. She has given me a confidence to step out of my comfort zone of (Polaroid photography and music) and challenges me to try other mediums like painting and collage. One of my favorite aspects of this project is the vulnerability that is celebrated.”

Kate Neckel’s work has been exhibited nationally, and in the documentary “House of Z.”. Neckel has been featured in Vogue, Vanity Fair, InStyle, O, Fast Company and GQ. Her drawings have been commissioned for the walls of private and corporate clients, including The New York Times, Cole Haan, the Seattle Seahawks and the Ace Hotel New York. Neckel holds a MFA from Maryland Institute College of Art and a MFA from School of Visual Arts.

Mike McCready is the lead guitarist, and one of the founding members for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inducted band Pearl Jam.  He has also been a member of Temple of the Dog, Mad Season, The Rockfords and Levee Walkers. Additionally, McCready plays with friends in Flight to Mars, a UFO tribute band that hosts charity events for the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation’s Camp Oasis program and the Jennifer Jaff Care Line. When not performing live, McCready scores TV and film projects, which have included Elvis Presley: The Searcher, The Glamour & the Squalor, Shameless, Fat Kid Rules the World, Hawaii Five-O, We Bought A Zoo, Horrible Bosses & Fringe.

Please contact Jessica Shea at jessica@winstonwachter.com for additional information.

https://www.thestranger.com/events/38106351/mike-mccready-and-kate-neckel-sway

Mike McCready and Kate Neckel: Sway

Winston Wächter Fine Art South Lake Union
    March 22–May 18, Mondays–Saturdays, 10 am–5 pm
    main gallery performances March 22-23, 7:30pm, free

"Winston Wächter Fine Art is pleased to announce the premiere exhibition Sway by the collaborative duo Infinite Color & Sound, comprised of artist and musician Mike McCready (of Pearl Jam) and New York/Seattle painter Kate Neckel. Infinite Color & Sound is a visual art and music duo, with works ranging from collage, sculpture, painting, drawing, music and performance. Guests of the two performances will experience an intimate view of the process which created artistic duo Infinite Color and Sound.

Upon meeting, the two immediately connected artistically and began their journey through color and sound, which can be described as 'Infinite' due to a lack of rules, boundaries, or restrictions in their synergistic creations. 'You could drop us anywhere and we could create…,' says Neckel. 'We intuitively guide each other and know how to play like kids. Mike feels what I feel and knows exactly what to do with it. I trust his hands and eyes like my own.' McCready adds, 'Kate has an amazing, artistic vision. Her paintings are expressive and moving and it's an honor to be creating with her. She has given me a confidence to step out of my comfort zone of (Polaroid photography and music) and challenges me to try other mediums like painting and collage. One of my favorite aspects of this project is the vulnerability that is celebrated.'" (Promo Copy)

edited January 2019

Infinite Color & Sound Presents: Sway featuring Mike McCready and Kate Neckel

$157.53

Event Information

Description

Announcing Infinite Color & Sound: Sway, a collaboration between Mike McCready and Kate Neckel, kicking off with two opening receptions and performances on March 22nd and 23rd at 7:30pm. Guests of the two performances will experience an intimate view of the process which created the Infinite Color & Sound project.

Guest will also enjoy food and drink with food provided by Matt's in the Market & Radiator Whiskey, courtesy of owner Dan Bugge, as well as an exclusive gift featuring unique artifacts and music from the artists. Be the the first view & purchase unique pieces of this art collection!

The exhibition is a visual art and music project and runs from March 22 - May 18 at Winston Wächter Fine Art Seattle - New York in Seattle.

Winston Wachter Fine Art

203 Dexter Avenue North

Seattle, WA 98109

United States

View Map

• JedJed New York City Posts: 1,134
    Why does the name of the gallery have "New York" in it? That's so confusing and keeps getting my hopes up!
    https://www.facebook.com/181685948573380/posts/2567549633320321/

@mikemccreadypj of #pearljam and @kateneckel are the #artisticduo @infiniteclrsnd #openingmarch 22nd in the West Gallery #sway #winstonwachterseattle #painting #music #performance #soldout

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Virtual tour link?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Pap said:
    Virtual tour link?
    Doubt it but you never know.

edited February 2019
    Post edited by demetrios on