Pearl Jam: 'Home & Away' Exhibit at MoPOP

Comments

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    They did play Seattle 1 at the Exhibit fan event Thurs, but no idea if it's available.  I don't think Fenway 1 in '16 was ever made available after it was shown between Fenway 1 and 2.  But maybe someone else here knows more?
  • BrandiMBrandiM Winnipeg, Canada Posts: 21
    I heard at Thurs night party they played the night 1 show - anyone know if that video is available anywhere?
    Not start to finish, but there is video of every song except maybe one. It’s worth the searching....I’m hoping they make it into a DVD. It would be a great momento AND could raise more money for the cause.
    I’ll ride the wave where it takes me

08.08.2009 Calgary, AB
  • ShakesckyShakescky Posts: 342
    JH6056 said:
    They did play Seattle 1 at the Exhibit fan event Thurs, but no idea if it's available.  I don't think Fenway 1 in '16 was ever made available after it was shown between Fenway 1 and 2.  But maybe someone else here knows more?
    The Fenway video was never made available for purchase.
    i have witnessed some performances. i have soaked up a lot of memories.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I went to this last month, and it was awesome! The company putting on the conference I was attending rented out the entire building, so we had free reign (open bar, too!), and I spent all my time just in the PJ exhibit, lol. I didn't see a single other thing because I was geeking out, and the next thing I knew I'd been in there for over an hour and half, and didn't really have time for anything else.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    I went to this last month, and it was awesome! The company putting on the conference I was attending rented out the entire building, so we had free reign (open bar, too!), and I spent all my time just in the PJ exhibit, lol. I didn't see a single other thing because I was geeking out, and the next thing I knew I'd been in there for over an hour and half, and didn't really have time for anything else.
    Oooh you got the exhibit and an open bar!  Seriously lucky you!  

It's such a great exhibit, I hope by some miracle everyone who wants to see it does...
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,275
    anyone know how long this will remain open?
    mr bungle said:
    anyone know how long this will remain open?
    I was told this was going to close in November 2018. I would assume you can confirm that it's no longer there on the MoPop website.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • CsAc99CsAc99 Washington Posts: 35
    edited January 2019
    I went over the holidays and it is such a great exhibit! I didn't see any information about when it closes.
    Post edited by CsAc99 on
    "Are you getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?"
    CsAc99 said:
    I went over the holidays and it is such a great exhibit! I didn't any information about when it closes.
    Oh, that's cool it's still open. Maybe they extended it. I was pretty sure someone who works there said it would close earlier - obviously they changed their mind!
    Actually, someone who works there said there was no close date set as of yet. Doesn't mean it'll stay open forever of course, but last I heard (and this is back in Sept or Oct) there was no close date.  Anyone else heard otherwise lately?
    edited January 2019
    JH6056 said:
    Actually, someone who works there said there was no close date set as of yet. Doesn't mean it'll stay open forever of course, but last I heard (and this is back in Sept or Oct) there was no close date.  Anyone else heard otherwise lately?
    I guess someone else who works there said back in the summer that it would close in November, because that is what I was told. Obviously whoever said that was got it wrong.
  • Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,096
    Does anyone know how long the PJ exhibit is going to be at MoPOP for? 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Virtual tour is great....amazing stuff
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,505
    Virtual tour is great....amazing stuff
    It sure was! Thanks Ten Club!!!!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Anyone tried popping this in a VR viewer yet??
    I see that is an option & looking forward to trying it out.

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

derbydave said:

Anyone tried popping this in a VR viewer yet??
    I see that is an option & looking forward to trying it out.

I wish. My phone outgrew my goggles. I should get a new set.
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    Just got my January Newsletter with the link to the virtual tour.  Thanks Ten Club.  You have redeemed yourself (a bit). :blush:
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    So has there been a date for when the exhibit is supposed to end? ill be there at the end of may and hoping to make it as I didn't have time when I was there for the home shows.
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
    Chadplam said:
    So has there been a date for when the exhibit is supposed to end? ill be there at the end of may and hoping to make it as I didn't have time when I was there for the home shows.
    Wondering the same thing. 
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    The last I was told was it would be here until sometime this summer, but I will try to confirm this on my next shift. Dates for exhibitions are always subject to change, and it has already exceeded what we originally planned for (which is a good thing). IllI let you know what I find out!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
    Chadplam said:
    I checked today and we don't have a set date for its departure at this time, but it looks like it will be here through the summer and possibly into the fall. It's always subject to change, but I think it's a safe bet to say it will be here until September-ish if not longer. Hope you enjoy it when you are here in May!
    Thanks for the info update Zelda!
    Anytime!  ;)
  • ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Chadplam said:
    I checked today and we don't have a set date for its departure at this time, but it looks like it will be here through the summer and possibly into the fall. It's always subject to change, but I think it's a safe bet to say it will be here until September-ish if not longer. Hope you enjoy it when you are here in May!
    Thanks, ill send you a message closer to the time and maybe I can buy you a pint, when you're not working. be great to meet a forum member
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
    Chadplam said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Chadplam said:
    Thanks, ill send you a message closer to the time and maybe I can buy you a pint, when you're not working. be great to meet a forum member
    That sounds great to me. Thanks for the offer! ☺
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    @ZeldaZonk That's good news since I'll be there late August. :)
    @ZeldaZonk That's good news since I'll be there late August. :)
    Awesome! I'm glad it will work out so that you can catch it before it leaves. You won't be disappointed.  =)

I just saw the exhibit. It was absolutely amazing. So much to take in. Thank you so much to PJ and everyone who made that happen. That exhibit is a fan’s dream come true. 
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Just making sure this is still up. We're leaving next weekend, but probably won't go there until the 28th or so.