Options

2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Was there every a meaning to the "calm before the storm" Spectrum picture tweet?
    don't think so. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    Was there every a meaning to the "calm before the storm" Spectrum picture tweet?
    don't think so. 

I dont recall anything either.

If it was nothing, and no tour announcement upcoming, a tease like  thats just a tad flippant 
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557

don't think so. 

I dont recall anything either.

If it was nothing, and no tour announcement upcoming, a tease like  thats just a tad flippant 

for sure.

I hope that the personnel in charge of the info releases would have a touch more responsibility than that. A popular entity like PJ, with a massive global following, releasing flippant social media should have a broader view of the agenda. What's next, a pic of tour cases being pushed up a ramp with the hashtag #loadout ...?? Just because someone found a cool picture from 2003.

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    I always took it as the calm before the storm for the 4 Philly shows. We are dissecting and looking into things way too much and that is not their style for revealing things unless it is very obvious. Now give us a timer already!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    We need to see them tweet this one again...

Image result for pearl jam lightswitch tour

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    This isn't a rumor but I would love for them to play Red Rocks. I've never been there and would absolutely travel to see that show (or preferably a 2-night run).
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    rey said:
    PJNB said:
    Well, we had a short lived rumor.
    Where did this rumour even start from? 
    A mix of words from the Greek and desperation for PJ shows

The below post is where the New Orleans rumor started.

oh FFS. now one of my posts is on that site under "pearl jam tour plans" or some shit. gimme a break. 
    Maybe need to flash your tits?.hehehe

Years ago I was in a forum and had a local connection for concerts. And I posted a couple that I knew were in the works. But given the nature of that - engaging a promoter and actually have the concert signed doesn't always pan out. Anyway - in the course of that someone asked about the current status and I said "Who knows?". 

What followed was a series of posts stating that I must have meant the Who was coming. When it didn't come to pass, there was a post that I was a liar. Hahhah. Sometimes there is no hidden meaning? Know what I mean? hahah

Anyway. Pearl Jam. Come to Halifax.
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,365
    Booked hotel in Halifax for random date!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
    RS65573 said:
    Booked hotel in Halifax for random date!

• Options
    BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    If the Woodstock rumor turns out to be true, I took it as a good sign that Santana has announced shows at SPAC and in Boston within a week of the Woodstock dates.  Based on this, if PJ were to play, it doesn't seem like they would be contractually prevented from playing other gigs in the Northeast.  I believe Santana has been quoted as saying he will perform at Bethel and he currently has the Saturday date free.  The guy is smooth... 
  • Options
    Pretty sure we are all crashing at Demetrios's when that announcement happens! 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    PJNB said:
    I always took it as the calm before the storm for the 4 Philly shows. We are dissecting and looking into things way too much and that is not their style for revealing things unless it is very obvious. Now give us a timer already!

Were those 4 shows referred to as "The Storm?"

Otherwise the tag could have included something like..."remembering Philly." Or even, "remembering the calm before the storm." 

All I did was read tweet assuming it had some 2019 relevance.

#feelingtrolled
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    BB162610 said:
    If the Woodstock rumor turns out to be true, I took it as a good sign that Santana has announced shows at SPAC and in Boston within a week of the Woodstock dates.  Based on this, if PJ were to play, it doesn't seem like they would be contractually prevented from playing other gigs in the Northeast.  I believe Santana has been quoted as saying he will perform at Bethel and he currently has the Saturday date free.  The guy is smooth... 
    Id guess the Santana tour was booked ahead of both Woodstock dates and that both organizers would waive whatever restrictions for Santana. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    PJNB said:
    This is exactly what it meant.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    Has PJ ever hinted at tour plans with what they play and from what shows on SiriusXM? Would be fun.
    🤙
  • Options
    ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    Get_Right said:
    BB162610 said:
    Id guess the Santana tour was booked ahead of both Woodstock dates and that both organizers would waive whatever restrictions for Santana. 
    I can't say what was booked first but Santana did say in a RS interview this week that he's playing Bethel woods and that he wants to " invite whoever still here, Joan Baez or members from Sly Stone"
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • Options
    Chadplam said:
    Get_Right said:
    BB162610 said:
    I can't say what was booked first but Santana did say in a RS interview this week that he's playing Bethel woods and that he wants to " invite whoever still here, Joan Baez or members from Sly Stone"
    Maybe a live nation relationship.  Wouldn't surprise me if Carlos tries to pull a Phil Collins and play at both.
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited January 2019
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    that announcement threw me. I thought "holy shit, if I ever travelled across the globe for a show, that might be it"
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Sounds like the Woodstock rumour is going to come to fruition. Sounds like beginning of  August is a good time for vacation for anyone who might need to make a request. Also sounds like a full North America tour depending on album completion

*this can all change 
    Post edited by LeafsJaysCubsRaptorsFan on
  • Options
    Sounds like the Woodstock rumour is going to come to fruition. Sounds like beginning of  August is a good time for vacation for anyone who might need to make a request. Also sounds like a full North America tour depending on album completion

*this can all change 

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840

*this can all change 
    Whoa. 
    Thank you for the update bud!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

*this can all change 
    Whoa. 
    NJ here we come! Really torn if the Woodstock is true. I have holidays and imagine it will be a great festival but not sure I want to burn a weekend away from the kids for a festival set unless they are hinting at something greater. Also a full NA tour in August/September would be sick! 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:

*this can all change 
    Whoa. 
    NJ here we come! Really torn if the Woodstock is true. I have holidays and imagine it will be a great festival but not sure I want to burn a weekend away from the kids for a festival set unless they are hinting at something greater. Also a full NA tour in August/September would be sick! 
    No way I would go to Woodstock. I am done with festivals.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

*this can all change 
    Bethel or Watkins Glen?  If its Bethel, then that ticket will be harder than MSG on a Saturday night. If its Watkins, get ready for logistical nightmares. 
    *This is all masturbatory speculation.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    I will watch someone drain their data plan to see Woodstock set.   Then pick 3-4 places I won't be pissed on by a stranger accidentally to see them.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,016

*this can all change 
    Thank you for the info!

For those keeping track, this guy called “seven stadium shows 2018” before the Home/Away shows were announced.  He knows his stuff.

2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Lolla makes sense.... its been 12 years... and they don't seem interested in normal areana shows in Chicago anymore lol
  • Options
    sward said:
    rey said:
    PJNB said:
    Well, we had a short lived rumor.
    Where did this rumour even start from? 
    A mix of words from the Greek and desperation for PJ shows

The below post is where the New Orleans rumor started.

oh FFS. now one of my posts is on that site under "pearl jam tour plans" or some shit. gimme a break. 
    Maybe need to flash your tits?.hehehe

Years ago I was in a forum and had a local connection for concerts. And I posted a couple that I knew were in the works. But given the nature of that - engaging a promoter and actually have the concert signed doesn't always pan out. Anyway - in the course of that someone asked about the current status and I said "Who knows?". 

What followed was a series of posts stating that I must have meant the Who was coming. When it didn't come to pass, there was a post that I was a liar. Hahhah. Sometimes there is no hidden meaning? Know what I mean? hahah

Anyway. Pearl Jam. Come to Halifax.
    Dude, are you saying that The Who and Pearl Jam are going to go on a co-headlining tour!!?  That's awesome!!!
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Lolla makes sense.... its been 12 years... and they don't seem interested in normal areana shows in Chicago anymore lol
    No way they are doing ballparks again in Chicago and Boston. 2016 and 2018 had huge rumours months in advance before they were announced. Too many people to involve to keep that a secret.