Newest Concert Promoter Greed

I thought it was only Livenation doing this, but now, AEG is charging an extra $10-$20 for aisle seats.

What will they think of next?

Comments

• JOEJOEJOE said:
    I thought it was only Livenation doing this, but now, AEG is charging an extra $10-$20 for aisle seats.

Are you friggin kidding me?  What is this an airplane!?!

I tell you I'm going to start going GA or nothing soon.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Pay more to have people walk in front of you all night long?  Good grief!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Wish I was kidding....looked at Paul McCartney tickets for Las Vegas, and one of the choices was "aisle seats".
  • JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Wish I was kidding....looked at Paul McCartney tickets for Las Vegas, and one of the choices was "aisle seats".
    You sure those weren't "resellers" seats?
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Totally sure
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    They've been doing the aisle seats thing since last year, becoming more prominent now though.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Totally sure
    Poncier said:
    They've been doing the aisle seats thing since last year, becoming more prominent now though.
    Was not aware of this.  Noticed it become a trend in flights but not concert halls...

I can just see a scalper out on the street now "yo, get your aisle seat!  No walking in front of anyone!  Dance in the aisles!"
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    I fucking love aisle seats. Its bullshit they would do this, but I would pay the extra. It’s also why I don’t mind Stubhub. I like picking where to sit. I understand people’s issues with it though.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Hi! said:
    I fucking love aisle seats. Its bullshit they would do this, but I would pay the extra. It’s also why I don’t mind Stubhub. I like picking where to sit. I understand people’s issues with it though.
    I actually won't purchase a ticket unless it's an aisle.  I don't care if it's 20 rows further back just give me an aisle.
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Hi! said:
    I actually won't purchase a ticket unless it's an aisle.  I don't care if it's 20 rows further back just give me an aisle.
    Word. So many advantages. Bathroom, beer run, more space, watching drunk people fall, ect.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    I noticed The Who was selling isle seats for their show in Vancouver.   They were up for sale at the same time the opened up their fan club sales.  I didn't realize their purpose was to charge a little more than other seats.

Over all it doesn't look like they sold out of tickets very fast.   I'd seen them once before in 2000 at the Gorge when 3/4 of them were left and it was a great show.   Have a hard time forking over 360 to 390 for the better seats.

I'm finding at these crazy ticket prices... it's talk about bucket list stuff.   I paid out the nose for stones tickets but I've never seen them.   No way I do repeats at these insane prices.   Looks like I'm not the only one.   The ticket sales for the who in Vancouver look worse than the pumpkins in seattle last year.