Options

Downgrading Your Membership: An Opportunity to Give

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,675
As with many others here, I am considering downgrading my membership here from Analog to Digital (and possibly even to saying "adios").  It occurred to me this evening that this extra $20 or $40 per year is money I can add to my tithing to environmental and social causes.  The money goes out of my account every year anyway so I thought, why not put it to good use! 

One of the things I've long admired about this band is their commitment to social (all the guys) and environmental (thank you especially to Stone!) issues.  So in that spirit, here is a way I can turn something that at first bothered me (the downgrading of the advantages of Analog membership) into something really good and exciting!  

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    I have had this exact thought. If I go digital, I will give the difference to Djurens Rätt (Animals rights organization) here in Sweden.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Great idea! I’ve made the move to digital - been around this long no way I’m completely leaving. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I have had this exact thought. If I go digital, I will give the difference to Djurens Rätt (Animals rights organization) here in Sweden.
    :plus_one:
    Great idea! I’ve made the move to digital - been around this long no way I’m completely leaving. 
    :plus_one:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,358
    Love this idea and will be following it! Thanks for posting it.
  • Options
    Travelar said:
    Love this idea and will be following it! Thanks for posting it.
    Sure thing!

I will probably stay as a digital member.  The only thing I will get for my twenty bucks here is the ability to converse here on these forums but there are so many good folks here, it would be hard to leave.  The other $20 will go to my favorite conservation organizations.

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,749
    Think I'll give to my local bar in exchange for 3 beers.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    I’m not downgrading but I will make a donation anyway to the Human Fund. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    I’ll be spending it to help the economy :)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Naturally, this doesn't work for everybody.  No problemo.