A Quick Survey to see how many females vs. how many males here.

2»

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    I’m a dolphin living in a human body ..
    Im sure dolphin will be a “gender” one day...

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:

:smiley:

Well, the ladies are down to 34% but that's still not bad compared to the 4.5 over at the other site (who's name shall remain anonymous to protect the semi-innocent... me!)
    That’s ok. Rush is probably less than 1%. :lol:
    I've seen Rush 6 times and I have a couple female friends who are major Rush fans. That said, I never really thought about it but there were lots of dudes at the concerts, from the early ones through their 50th Anniversary Tour. 
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096

Whoa....never saw that before. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    edited January 2019
    njnancy said:

Whoa....never saw that before. 
    i think it was part of a treehouse of horror episode.
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:

Well, the ladies are down to 34% but that's still not bad compared to the 4.5 over at the other site (who's name shall remain anonymous to protect the semi-innocent... me!)
    Now that's a surprise.  I mean, c'mon, the singer sounds like a girl.  I would thing they'd have a huge lady's fan base!

Naaaww, just kidding.  Hemispheres is cool. 

But now that I think of it. the biggest Rush fan I know is a lady and her boy friend is not a fan!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Last week I was considered a female.
    Now I am considered a male.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:

Now that's a surprise.  I mean, c'mon, the singer sounds like a girl.  I would thing they'd have a huge lady's fan base!

But now that I think of it. the biggest Rush fan I know is a lady and her boy friend is not a fan!
    I love Rush.  Easily one of the top 3 Canadian rock bands of all-time, plus Neil Peart...oh yeah
    Give Peas A Chance…
    edited January 2019
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:

I love Rush.  Easily one of the top 3 Canadian rock bands of all-time, plus Neil Peart...oh yeah
    Was it someone here who told me Peart wrote most of their lyrics?  Pretty cool stuff!  I hear his books are excellent too.
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:

Was it someone here who told me Peart wrote most of their lyrics?  Pretty cool stuff!  I hear his books are excellent too.
    Yes, he was the main lyricist.  I only wish I saw Rush on their last tour.  Unlike a lot of bands who retire, then unretire ... Rush likely will not.  Peart has hand and shoulder issues, which makes drumming difficult.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:

Yes, he was the main lyricist.  I only wish I saw Rush on their last tour.  Unlike a lot of bands who retire, then unretire ... Rush likely will not.  Peart has hand and shoulder issues, which makes drumming difficult.
    Bummer.

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:

Bummer.
    I'm not sure, but I think it's tendonitis.  It is a bummer.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:

Bummer.
    I'm not sure, but I think it's tendonitis.  It is a bummer.  
    We still have Nickleback, so all is good.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:

I've read a couple of his books, the first two I think.  The Masked Rider about his cycling adventures across Africa, and Ghost Rider, about his motorcycle travels across the US & Canada after the loss of his wife & daughter.  Both very excellent books if you enjoy biographical reads!
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:

I've read a couple of his books, the first two I think.  The Masked Rider about his cycling adventures across Africa, and Ghost Rider, about his motorcycle travels across the US & Canada after the loss of his wife & daughter.  Both very excellent books if you enjoy biographical reads!
    Ghost Rider is the one I've heard is really good.  Might have to check it out!

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    brianlux said:
    Hobbes said:
    "Thanks for the tip."  :lol: 
    I actually really love that movie. Kindergarten Cop is one of the best things Arnold's ever done, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:

Didn't I just read last week that he has retired? Like, completely retired from drumming altogether? I don't think he can do it anymore at all.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:

Didn't I just read last week that he has retired? Like, completely retired from drumming altogether? I don't think he can do it anymore at all.
    Yep, Geddy announced it before Xmas.
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:

Yes, he is retired.  Rush will never tour without Peart.  I think Geddy and Lifeson are considering doing a project together, but not under Rush's name.  They were a pretty tight band.  I saw Rush a few times.  They were awesome.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:

Yes, he is retired.  Rush will never tour without Peart.  I think Geddy and Lifeson are considering doing a project together, but not under Rush's name.  They were a pretty tight band.  I saw Rush a few times.  They were awesome.
    I am not a fan. But I can still respect them.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:

I am not a fan. But I can still respect them.
    I get that Rush is not everyone's cup of tea.  But they had a very loyal following, playing in front of 20 thousand people nightly with marathon concerts.  Neil Peart did a really good interview on local radio with Jeff Burrows of the tea party when he was a DJ.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:

Rush was actually my first adult concert (I attended Ricky Skaggs as a child w/my parents).  At one point I had actually seen them more times than Pearl Jam.  That's changed in the past 5 years but man, two very different bands and both absolutely bring it every time they take the stage!

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    Hobbes said:
    I actually really love that movie. Kindergarten Cop is one of the best things Arnold's ever done, lol.
    Twins
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited January 2019
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    Hobbes said:
    Twins
    Twins is also a very fine film.
    ... I admit I like Junior quite a bit too. So funny. He's pregnant. :lol: 
  • PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    Hobbes said:
    Twins
    Twins is also a very fine film.
    ... I admit I like Junior quite a bit too. So funny. He's pregnant. :lol: 
    Stop this BS.

(Tighten The Last Action Hero by ~20 min and you have a 5-out-of-5 90s classic though)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    PJ_Soul said:
    brianlux said:
    Hobbes said:
    I just put it at the top of my Netflix queue.  :smile: