Options

Pearl Jam – "Again Today" . Brandi Carlile cover song from 'Cover Stories'

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946

Love Brandi and was really looking forward to this. But a total miss by PJ. Such a powerful song with heartbreaking lyrics and PJ turns it into a 2 1/2 minute punk rock lite spin. Put more effort into Batman with Harper and Olivia.

Trust me I love PJ - best American band ever. But they could've done so much better with this or another BCB song.

Brandi says she loves their version. I think it's ok. Just an average rock tune to me.
    You think she would say she was disappointed or sort it was "so so" if that's what she was really thinking? :)
    she'd probably say nothing at all.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,743
    They are still taking test pressing orders over @ https://brandicarlile.merchtable.com/pre-orders/pre-order-cover-stories-signed-and-numbered-limited-edition-test-pressing-vinyl-2xlp-ships-week-of-may-5th-2017;9497 .. since Feb 21st.

Man, I wish Pearl Jam offered Signed & Numbered Limited Edition Test Pressing Vinyl pre orders like this.

• Options
    @ Brandi Carlile

Only a few hours remain to vote for your favorite Cover Stories Contest entry! The voting period ends tomorrow (Monday, April 17) at 9am CT.

HOW TO VOTE:
    1) You can find all videos entries on our Cover Stories Contest site here - https://coverstoriescompetition.strutta.me/gallery this is where you can cast your vote.
    2) A vote button will appear underneath the entry. Click on the "Vote For This Entry" button on your favorite entry's page. Log in with your Facebook account.
    3) Any votes made from your account after this initial account activation will be counted instantly after logging in!
    4) Sharing will not get the participant votes. But please use the share tools to facilitate sharing on social media sites.

The winner will be announced on April 21 at 9am CT!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    Starting to really dig this cover.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    http://www.npr.org/2017/04/27/525545932/first-listen-various-artists-brandi-carliles-cover-stories

First Listen: Various Artists, Brandi Carlile's 'Cover Stories'

Adele, Pearl Jam, The Avett Brothers And More Cover Carlile's Greatest Album

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    ^ Merci beaucoup! :smile:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    @ Brandi Carlile - Listen to our ENTIRE #CoverStories album! Thanks NPR Music for covering our cause! Looking Out Foundation #MakeMusicMeanMore

Looking Out Foundation - #CoverStories is just over a week away from being released, but you can get a sneak peak here, thanks to NPR Music. Hear artists like Dolly Parton, Adele, The Avett Brothers, and more cover songs from The Story and make music mean more for War Child UK!

http://www.npr.org/2017/04/27/525545932/first-listen-various-artists-brandi-carliles-cover-stories
  • Options
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    Got shipping confirmation today
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    This must be the most amazing sounding piece of vinyl. All of these test pressings! They really wanted to get the sound right...
  • Options
    Check your emails for .. Your Brandi Carlile download is now available

Here is your digital download link.

Please enjoy this digital copy of Cover Stories in glorious 320 kbps MP3 format. Thank you for your pre-order and support!
    Brandi Carlile - Cover Stories Download ..
  • Options
    Released this Friday! Cover Stories: Brandi Carlile Celebrates 10 Years of the Story (An Album to Benefit War Child) http://a.co/389D0qj
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    edited May 2017
    ok, got my order.

i ordered the test pressing and the vinyl bundle.

cover stories order

everything came in one box and was packed well.

the signed 'the story' record is just the outer sleeve (with another square cardboard piece placed inside to hold shape), and they sent a sealed copy of 'the story' to serve as the actual album. so that's cool and makes some sense.

the test pressing came individually wrapped between two cardboard squares. it is only ONE LP, which the website currently says (2xLP albums are indicated as such elsewhere), but does not appear to be the full album as also indicated on the website - looking at the grooves it appears like i got about 7 tracks so will have to find out which disc i got. i'm not sure how i feel about that. there seems to be a disconnect there - the site DOES say 1 LP with the full tracklist, but clearly the full album is 2xLP, so.... i was expecting the full album (especially at $200), but perhaps i shouldn't have in retrospect given the 1 LP indicator.

OH BUT WAIT LET ME LOOK AT MY ORDER EMAIL

wheres my other record

it says 2 x LP. hmmm. the packing list also says 2 x LP

so it appears i've been bamboozled a little bit, and perhaps others may as well. i don't recall at the time of my order if the website said 1 LP or not, but the link in the very first post in this thread suggests otherwise, and when you click on it now the url deletes the '2x' part of the url string.

so, yeah, a bit of a bait-and-switch here. *sigh* if i'm the only one this happened to then it's a mistake, if it happened to others, then that's a problem.

edit: i emailed a reworded version of the above to merchtable and got this reply:

"Hey AndySlash, I'm so sorry for the confusion. We were told these were 2xlps for the test pressing, so it was a big surprise when we got single lps for the test pressings. We confirmed with Brandi's management that the test pressing is just a single vinyl and that we were given the wrong info for the pre-order page.

I'm so sorry about this!"

so, yeah.... going to debate my reply.
    Post edited by AndySlash on
  • Options
    @PasteMagazine 

Our Review of the Day praises the relevant and crafted Brandi Carlile benefit album Cover Stories. https://goo.gl/gNwC8n
  • Options
    Latest Amazon Canada ...

"Various "Cover Stories: Brandi Carlile Celebrates 10 Years of the Story (An Album to Benefit War Child)"
        Estimated arrival date: May 22, 2017 - June 08, 2017"
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Brandi! :)

• Options

@ Brandi Carlile

In honor of my birthday today please click on this link https://www.coverstoriesalbum.com/ and buy Cover Stories - 100% of the proceeds go to help children in war zones. I'm turning 36, so if we sell 3,600 copies before midnight (PT), I will share an unreleased bonus track from Cover Stories - my 2017 version of "Hiding My Heart"! It's a win win - you get a copy of the greatest charity record ever and an exclusive track from me and War Child UK gets a HUGE birthday donation from all of us!

Puppy not included!

xobc

PS. If you already have Cover Stories - buy it for someone else
  • Options
    HERE'S TO EVERYONE LISTENING IN 2018! 

(They should have had Carlile louder in the mix)
  • Options

Happy Anniversary to #CoverStories! We're on a mission to hit $1 million to support War Child UK and Children in Conflict so we can help children impacted by war. We've almost reached $600,000 and we need your help! Will you join us? Here's how:
    1) Buy Cover Stories (link in bio)
    2) Make a donation to Looking Out Foundation
    3) Tell all your family and friends!
    xobc
    #CoverStoriesAnniversary #MayThereBeAMillion

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Never heard a single song by this artist but i do love the PJ cover.  
  • Options
    edited January 2019

https://brandicarlile.merchtable.com/vinyl/best-sellers-vinyl-bundle/

Best Sellers Vinyl Bundle

$40.00

Purchase By The Way, I Forgive You, and Cover Stores on vinyl and receive two free gifts!

By The Way, I Forgive You Vinyl LP: 1 - Every Time I Hear That Song
    2 - The Joke
    3 - Hold Out Your Hand
    4 - The Mother
    5 - Whatever You Do
    6 - Fulton County Jane Doe
    7 - Sugartooth
    8 - Most Of All
    9 - Harder To Forgive
    10 - Party Of One

Cover Stories 2xLP:
    1 - Late Morning Lullaby - Shovels and Rope
    2 - The Story - Dolly Parton
    3 - Turpentine - Kris Kristofferson 4 - My Song - Old Crow Medicine Show 5 - Wasted - Jim James
    6 - Have You Ever - The Avett Brothers
    7 - Josephine - Anderson East
    8 - Losing Heart - The Secret Sisters
    9 - Cannonball - Indigo Girls
    10 - Until I Die - TORRES
    11 - Downpour - Margo Price
    12 - Shadow On The Wall - Ruby Amanfu
    13 - Again Today - Pearl Jam
    14 - Hiding My Heart - Adele

Please note this item is final sale and cannot be returned/exchanged.

• Options