Options

Christmas Single's discontinued:(

Comments

• Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551
    Like someone suggested, I could see in the future the "analog" membership will be the only way to get the annual vault release and charge like $60-$75.  I cant imagine they would do a quarterly release as these seem to take time (but 2 a year for $100+ would be great, imho).
  • Options
    Like someone suggested, I could see in the future the "analog" membership will be the only way to get the annual vault release and charge like $60-$75.  I cant imagine they would do a quarterly release as these seem to take time (but 2 a year for $100+ would be great, imho).
    TMR has no problem doing a quarterly issue.  With the money that PJ creates I'm sure they could hire someone to make this happen but I don't think they are at all interested in getting their music out there...
  • Options
    With the latest vault you don't even need to be a member to buy it.

• Options
    There’s no way the price of the membership drops. I laugh every time I read that it will go down to $10-15. It’s still going to be $40 or go up. 
  • Options

I really try to be super nice and will be but man PJ superfans ( and I think of myself as one ) really just shit on everything this band does , They don't play enough shows or they don't play shows near me or they are going to play a festival. No new music , ending something they have done FOR 25 YEARS!!!

Look I wish the toured as much as they used too but I will take seeing them ever few years over most bands that just do the tour grind and say the same shit on stage every night playing the same songs over and over.  

Everyone take a deep breath it is 2018 not the 90's anymore :)

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Matts3221 said:

I really try to be super nice and will be but man PJ superfans ( and I think of myself as one ) really just shit on everything this band does , They don't play enough shows or they don't play shows near me or they are going to play a festival. No new music , ending something they have done FOR 25 YEARS!!!

Look I wish the toured as much as they used too but I will take seeing them ever few years over most bands that just do the tour grind and say the same shit on stage every night playing the same songs over and over.  

I like this guy!
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    There’s no way the price of the membership drops. I laugh every time I read that it will go down to $10-15. It’s still going to be $40 or go up. 
    I think most were saying it should, not that it would.
    i agree it should, but don’t expect it to happen. $40 for just early access to tickets at this point for a band that doesn’t tour anymore, that is ridiculous. 
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    Hi I had my analog member renewed in November, was that for 2018 or 2019?
  • Options
    Spoken said:
    You get the single for the year you purchased/renewed. So that would be for 2018
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    i agree it should, but don’t expect it to happen. $40 for just early access to tickets at this point for a band that doesn’t tour anymore, that is ridiculous. 
    Averaging 25-30 shows a year, going to Europe, Australia, South America, the US & Canada is "a band that doesn't tour anymore?" Sure we don't get the 70 show tours we used to, but can we please stop exaggerating about the "lack" of touring?
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    edited December 2018
    mace1229 said:
    Averaging 25-30 shows a year, going to Europe, Australia, South America, the US & Canada is "a band that doesn't tour anymore?" Sure we don't get the 70 show tours we used to, but can we please stop exaggerating about the "lack" of touring?
    I see a lot of shows and my interest in bands extends well beyond Pearl Jam. Over the last 12 years, they've averaged just under 20 shows per year. 2006 is the last year they played more than 40 shows. It's their career and totally their prerogative but this is very low for an active band.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Spoken said:
    You get the single for the year you purchased/renewed. So that would be for 2018
    Hi thanks. And from what I’m reading the singles are 2 years behind, and once they finish these 2 singles, the singles are done?
  • Options
    Spoken said:
    mace1229 said:
    Spoken said:
    Hi thanks. And from what I’m reading the singles are 2 years behind, and once they finish these 2 singles, the singles are done?
    Correct, you are owed a single for 2017 & 2018... whenever they are produced.   After those two, no more singles for anyone.
  • Options
    Spoken said:
    mace1229 said:
    Spoken said:
    Correct, you are owed a single for 2017 & 2018... whenever they are produced.   After those two, no more singles for anyone.
    I love Vinyl, so I am bummed. It was fun to get an extra (54?) songs from the band over the years. I believe that 10c will have some great stuff for us in the future.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Matts3221 said:

Well said. I'm just happy that they're still making music & touring. Granted, they don't tour as much or release as much new material as they once did, but it seems like a natural progression.

Who knows what's next? They may just drop an album out of nowhere.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    mace1229 said:
    The problem for many is they focus more on South America and Europe more than 90% of the states.
    in the last 10 or 12 years they’ve come to Denver once I think. It’s not a problem if you live in the pacific NW or Los Angeles or NY, but most other places you really don’t get the benefit of early tickets anymore, especially if that will remain the only benefit. Which, without the single, it really is the only benefit now.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    The problem for many is they focus more on South America and Europe more than 90% of the states.
    in the last 10 or 12 years they’ve come to Denver once I think. It’s not a problem if you live in the pacific NW or Los Angeles or NY, but most other places you really don’t get the benefit of early tickets anymore, especially if that will remain the only benefit. Which, without the single, it really is the only benefit now.
    don't forget the shirt.  organic bayside cotton
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    don't forget the shirt.  organic bayside cotton
    I think I only ever ordered 1 shirt. And I only wear it to do yard work. Most of the time they aren’t even worth the effort of looking up my free code.
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    edited December 2018
    I’m sorry to see the single go.
    But I’d love to see a move to an annual Christmas poster.
    Post edited by Milestone on
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    And trying to get tickets anywhere in the northeast is a freaking nightmare because the world flies in to see the shows. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited December 2018
     I think we the fans has been very patient with this band over the last several years.  Waiting for them to do something significant.
    They never tell us what's going on or what the plan is.  Time just goes by while we pay $40 a year for a T-shirt and the privilege to chat on this forum that's about it.
    I bet a lot of us are starting to wonder why.
  • Options
    its getting bad in here.  hope the band comes around.  hope
  • Options
    the main product of this band used to be songs, not merchandise and not even live shows.  shows were of course wonderful, but kind of hard to come by for many of us (in the early days especially).  Ticketmaster feud.  No money.  No car.   Not a huge deal because something new musically was always on the horizon.   Now I feel a bit duped.  Almost like those "awesome" songs and albums were really made awesome by expert producers and millions in marketing dollars.  
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,268
    mace1229 said:
    Here's a statement of fact.  I live in Los Angeles, the second-largest city (and second-largest media market) in the United States.  It is in the same time zone as the city where the band is based.  It has been more than five years since Pearl Jam last played a show here (in 2013).  Before that, you have to go back another four years (to 2009) to find the last time the band played here.  I'd say that's a lack of touring.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,268
    mace1229 said:

in the last 10 or 12 years they’ve come to Denver once I think. It’s not a problem if you live in the pacific NW or Los Angeles or NY, 
    I agree with your overall point, but L.A. is a poor example.  As I noted above, Pearl Jam has played exactly two shows in L.A. in the last nine years (they were on consecutive nights in 2013).
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    What does it mean that the other Christmas Single thread (started before the recent announcement and then turned into a similar discussion as this one) has been “closed for review”?
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    szechuan said:
    What does it mean that the other Christmas Single thread (started before the recent announcement and then turned into a similar discussion as this one) has been “closed for review”?
    Probably the GIF aimed at Tim Bierman. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    BF25394 said:
    mace1229 said:

in the last 10 or 12 years they’ve come to Denver once I think. It’s not a problem if you live in the pacific NW or Los Angeles or NY, 
    I agree with your overall point, but L.A. is a poor example.  As I noted above, Pearl Jam has played exactly two shows in L.A. in the last nine years (they were on consecutive nights in 2013).
    They pretty much only like Boston and Chicago these these days.  The Missoula thing was an effort to get that senator-elected out there.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://us.v-cdn.net/5021252/uploads/editor/cy/7vxub7aw9nvy.jpeg&imgrefurl=https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/274686/missoula-poster&docid=PXFY8mrZCesHsM&tbnid=uqYyyQvHOX271M:&vet=1&w=1668&h=2018&hl=en-US&source=sh/x/im

Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    szechuan said:
    Probably the GIF aimed at Tim Bierman. 
    At least our $40/year goes to a good cause.  Like keeping the police of these discussions (the administrators of the 10c) feeling important & employed.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    And trying to get tickets anywhere in the northeast is a freaking nightmare because the world flies in to see the shows. 

If Europe and South America were announced at the same time as 4-6 shows in the next USA, would people still fly in from all over?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"