Options

A polite reminder

Not everyone who visits this forum in all its forms wants a snide reply or a sarcastic comment. I'm very aware of some of my friends here not wanting to visit anymore and even thinking of not renewing membership.
Now some may think That is ok  and so what.
If you are making your fun out of someone else's misery or distress then you need to look at yourself.
I'm  saddened by what people think is ok.
So please before posting anywhere just think of the state of mind some one  might be in . Not all of us are bouncing with joy and can brush off rudeness or nasty posts. 
Thank you  
brixton 93
astoria 06
albany 06
hartford 06
reading 06
barcelona 06
paris 06
wembley 07
dusseldorf 07
nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,711
    And a good reminder it is too, lastexit. 

One of the problems with internet forums is that we only get 7% of communication (words) and not the rest (body language, tone of voice and facial expression), so it is not always easy to tell if someone is just kidding or if the really are being harsh or snide or whatever.  I think it's a good idea to choose one's words carefully and be aware- especially this time of year- that some people here are having a rough go of it.  For some, an internet forum is a way to reach out, and to feel connected.

As always, lastexit, best wishes.  And my best wishes to all here, especially those who, because of their circumstances, may not be having the "ho ho ho" time of their lives.

Peace and love and well wishes to all.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    That is exactly  what wanted to extend well put Brian. Love to all who are in need. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    edited December 2018
    I agree.. But man, if this place is too much.. STAY AWAY FROM FACEBOOK (which I think you already do)

Merry Christmas! 
    Peace and love
    Post edited by PeArLgOoNeR on

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    Yes. I do not use anywhere else. And I'm not offended easy but a good friend on here has had enough and it upsets me
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    I agree but would need a little more context about what was said to say anymore. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    A very fine reminder! Merry Christmas OP! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Says the fanclub shipping department...
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Tell them not to take things too seriously.  It’s just a forum after all. Merry Christmas.🎄🎁 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358
    Not everyone who visits this forum in all its forms wants a snide reply or a sarcastic comment. I'm very aware of some of my friends here not wanting to visit anymore and even thinking of not renewing membership.
    Now some may think That is ok  and so what.
    If you are making your fun out of someone else's misery or distress then you need to look at yourself.
    I'm  saddened by what people think is ok.
    So please before posting anywhere just think of the state of mind some one  might be in . Not all of us are bouncing with joy and can brush off rudeness or nasty posts. 
    Thank you  
    lastexitlondon,

Thank you very much for posting this!!! 
    It is never okay to make fun of someone, be rude or nasty, or tell someone to 'get over it'.
    I am very saddened by this behavior on the forums as well.
    Peace and joy to all!!!
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Thank you for posting that lastexitlondon. You are a good soul. From reading your story in another thread here, I am always interested to read your thoughts whenever I see you weigh in on any thread. This can be a very difficult time of year, even for those of us who may overall have it pretty good in life. When I feel good I am always able to brush snide comments off from people and say, "its just the internet." However, if I'm not walking into something with a good base level of mental health, I can at times allow the tiniest of comments get on top of me. So the best way to proceed is to treat people in the way that I wish to be treated. I hope your friend comes back, we have got to stick together.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    You just couldn't help yourself, lol?!?
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298

treat people the way that you wish to be treated

My father always lived by this motto.

I think that If most people actually thought abut this before opening their pie hole (mouth) the world would be a much kinder place.

Peace and love

• Options
    Rob is a good guy.

Merry Christmas and Happy Kwanzaa!
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I hate everyone 
  • Options
    I hate everyone 
    Bruce?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I hate everyone 
    Bruce?

Bucktooth likes Donald. He's just messing with us!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Ames Bros. LOL 
  • Options
    karl_chihirokarl_chihiro Posts: 430
    edited December 2018
    If you are making your fun out of someone else's misery or distress then you´re a miserable prick no matter where you are.
    Only thing I know, and I´m on internet since.. ever?  is that you need to have your skin thick as a brick. :peace:
    Happy holidays to everyone!!
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Great post. 

Happy holidays, all.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

It's always easier to talk shit from behind a keyboard vs face to face, that's a big part of it. 

Happy Holidays!

Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    I don't know that it is possible for most people to develop skin as thick as a brick. I think you just have to find your people, find your threads, and avoid the hell out of the rest of this place. I used to lurk in AMT, but now I won't even do that, unless there is a fun thread that has nothing to do with politics. Just don't belong there, and unfortunately it took a long time to figure that out. We're not going to fit in everywhere we go. Just the way it is. You can spend a lot of time fighting that fact or you can spend that time searching for your motley crew.  =)
  • Options
    karl_chihirokarl_chihiro Posts: 430
    edited December 2018
    Don´t fight on internet. An absolut waste of time and bad vibes. Absolutely futile. :punch:
    And never take an insult seriously; worthless.

Post edited by karl_chihiro on
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• Options
    By the way, no offense to AMT people, I enjoy posting with a lot of you outside of AMT. 
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    edited December 2018
    Maybe they need a "safe space" section?
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2