Options

Bruce Springsteen

StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
edited February 2006 in Other Music
I just got into Bruce Springsteen. Shocking, I know. What I was wondering though is, is that new Born to Run box set any good? I'm thinking of picking it up tomorrow.
"What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    MookieJam wrote:
    the dvd is absolutely mesmerizing...get it tonight if you can.

i can't go out tonight but I'm definitely gonna check it out tomorrow. Amazon.com has a video of the live 'Born to Run' from that Dvd.......I haven't stopped playing it for like an hour. Unreal.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    I'm listening to "Backstreets" right now....GODDAMN
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,493
    edited December 2015
    Looks like a three month tour Jan-Mar focusing on The River and the box set tracks

http://www.prucenter.com/event.php?EventID=336

Date is wrong because they put 2015 but it's 1/31/16

Post edited by Daron Oshay on
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Just saw the documentary on The River on HBO Now last week. I highly recommend it.
  • Options
    He'll also be the musical guest on SNL on December 19th! Hopefully to gain steam ahead of the supposed tour he's going on
  • Options
    I want these tourdates more than PJ dates no nans.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    And away we go...Philly on a Friday!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

And away we go...Philly on a Friday!

Could see an added date there

Think Knicks and Rangers prevent any additional MSG shows
  • Options
    I watched his theater show on Netflix last night and it was really well done. I’d suggest it even for the casual fan who only knows Bruce’s music somewhat. I’ve never listened to his entire catalogue, but am I right
    to assume that about 80% of his songs were written from his own first hand experiences? Is it an even higher percentage than that?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    I watched his theater show on Netflix last night and it was really well done. I’d suggest it even for the casual fan who only knows Bruce’s music somewhat. I’ve never listened to his entire catalogue, but am I right
    to assume that about 80% of his songs were written from his own first hand experiences? Is it an even higher percentage than that?
    The Netflix version came off great. I still contend seeing it live was the best concert experience I ever had, but the recorded version really captures the feel of being there well. I just think the show was fantastic. The stories, the emotion. Got chills again at a lot of the parts. The first few songs when he goes through his relationship with his parents especially (The Wish!). Really all of it. I mean how great is the intro for 10th Ave??? Then the middle part with the speech about Clarence?? Unreal. 

As far as his writing perspective it's hard to say. Clearly a lot of it, but he also talks about how he's written from the perspective of things he has no idea about (driving, working in a factory etc.) and as an image of his father. 
  • Options
    Saw on netflix yesterday. Really cool indeed.
    It´s like a session of psychiatry sharing his deamons to the audience.
    When he speaks you listen... Why? Because you have to listen people who has something to tell.
    Really nice.

26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.