Options

Death Penalty?

JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
PSU? Let's chat. This is worse than paying players.
Alright, alright, alright!
Tom O.
"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
-The Writer
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    it's a cess pool....shut it down.

:corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Wait, what happened? :?

Im confused... someone fill me in/link me please?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    FrankieG wrote:

Here's one link about it: http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2012/07/12/penn-state-football-deserves-death-penalty-for-cover-up/
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    @sganim is a good twitter feed for info.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    kw18 wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:

Here's one link about it: http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/2012/07/12/penn-state-football-deserves-death-penalty-for-cover-up/

Ohhh.... Thanks.

At first i thought Sandusky was going to get the Death Penalty...

I don't know if the football program should ge thte death penalty. You would be penalizing all of the players and fans for something they had no part in. Maybe just fire all of those involved?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    PSU had a current coach molesting children and the head coach new about. They said and did nothing to benefit the football program. Every player since then has benefitted from that. Is that fair to the victims?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    81 wrote:

Nobody is talking about the school itself or the graduates.

But, this report combined with Paterno's December letter highlight why this football program is the poster child for everything that is wrong with athletics in our country. Putting the football program on semi-permanent hiatus (as SMU's death penalty proved, it's not really a death penalty) and giving the current football players a chance to transfer without losing eligibility would be a completely appropriate response to what went on.

This is a great University (no, I am not an alum), and has done many great things (it's Danceathon for Children's Cancer is the biggest student run fund raiser in the world). But, perhaps on Saturdays for the next few falls they should concentrate on healing rather than partying it up on the athletic field. Take down the statue, but let the stadium remain empty as a reminder to what these 4 supposed leaders did.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

We’re still looking for the good men in this story…..
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    FrankieG wrote:
    kw18 wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:

Ohhh.... Thanks.

At first i thought Sandusky was going to get the Death Penalty...

I don't know if the football program should ge thte death penalty. You would be penalizing all of the players and fans for something they had no part in. Maybe just fire all of those involved?

But, even if they did fire everybody that was involved, people will still remember what happened. It's a pretty big black mark on the school's reputation.

Then again, people also tend to be pretty 'forgiving'. People said Vick shouldn't be allowed back into the NFL, but he came back. Tyson did time for rape, but he's making a somewhat of a return.

Which crimes are considered 'okay' to commit? Meaning, we can forgive the people who commit them, and which crimes are not to be forgiven?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Which crimes are considered 'okay' to commit? Meaning, we can forgive the people who commit them, and which crimes are not to be forgiven?

This is an interesting question and brings up a broader debate -- punishment versus rehabilitation, and forgiveness versus holding a grudge forever. IMHO, there needs to be a mixture of both.

People who commit crimes should be appropriately punished for those actions and be given an opportunity to redeem themselves through rehab. I think Vick is a good example of that, in some regard, with his turnaround concerning animal rights (although a lot of this is probably due to his desire to rebrand his image).

Likewise, I think people should be forgiven for their crimes if they paid their debts to society, agree what they did was wrong and have made strides to improve themselves. Should those crimes be forgotten, though? Probably not.

As for which crimes are "OK" to commit (Is it OK for 20-year-olds to drink alcohol? Kill a murderer? etc.), that's a whole other conversation!
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    :nono:

Take this to A Moving Train, please. :nono:

We only discuss serious topics in AET. :lol:
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

Nobody is talking about the school itself or the graduates.

some people have suggested that.

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    81 wrote:

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    This thread isn't actually about crime and punishment (well... not 'that' type of crime and punishment).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739