Elton John Farewell tour

vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
if you get a chance to see a show on this tour, go!!!  The visuals they have created for some of the songs are very nice.  Band sounds fantastic of course.

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,507
    edited December 2018
    I really really wish I could bring myself to spend that much on a concert, because I love Elton John a lot and would love to see him, but I just can't. The cheapest ticket is $255 FFS. I won't pay that just on principle alone.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    I really really wish I could bring myself to spend that much on a concert, because I love Elton John a lot and would love to see him, but I just can't. The cheapest ticket is $255 FFS. I won't pay that just on principle alone.

Where would you go see him? I didn't think he was coming anywhere near us?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    PJ_Soul said:
    i got my tickets free (don't ask).  they were probably about $400 a piece.   i would not have paid that before the show, but after having been, i think i would probably would now.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    vaggar99 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i got my tickets free (don't ask).  they were probably about $400 a piece.   i would not have paid that before the show, but after having been, i think i would probably would now.
    What a great opportunity. Enjoy!

Who, what a run Elton has had.  Fantastic, Capt.!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Sold out here in my town... Don't wanna look what the second hand prices are :ohstop:
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Sold out here in my town... Don't wanna look what the second hand prices are :ohstop:
    the centerpoint of the show is a giant screen thats integrated into the stage.  so anything directly in front of the stage will be excellent, even the nosebleeds
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,073
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think we skipped 2 or 3 tours because tickets were $200+.   The last time he came around, he played Victoria, and for us, that saves us so much travel cost (ferries+hotel) we decided to go.

I'm in this mood.   With some of the legendary artists that I haven't seen.  At this stage it's pony up or never see them :(   What I paid to see the upcoming stones tour is past ludicrous, but if I don't go, I never will :(
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,895
    I saw him last winter with my wife.  Spent $350 on a pair of good seats which I normally would never do, even for PJ, but I have dragged her to at least 20 PJ shows, so she deserved it.  I actually had a great time.  He has a catalog full of hits and he plays them well.  Sounded great. Would definitely recommend trying to see him.  I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it. And my wife cried, danced, and could not have been happier.  
  • PJ_Soul said:

Never mind. I checked and two dates in Vancouver. Both sold out I see. Tickets astronomical.

Screw it. Dang.
  • i bot an upper level facing the stage ticket for $93 including fees. for 2019. get them when they go on sale people! hello face value!
    i already went once in 2018 paid $300(fees included-up close -mom wanted to go and i wasn't sitting her in the upper level lol)
    it's an incredible great 3 hour show. nothing to complain about at all....
    PJ_Soul said:

His final tour is coming to Vancouver in September. There are still tickets if you're interested!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited December 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

Never mind. I checked and two dates in Vancouver. Both sold out I see. Tickets astronomical.

Screw it. Dang.
    Oh, I didn't see this. :) Dude, it's not sold out. Both nights still have tix available. Still tons of good (floor and 100 level) face value tix for under $300 after fees and taxes. According to some people, that's totally worth it. ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    Saw him Sunday in Houston. Amazing show.  I’ve seen him 4-5 times and he consistently puts on an excellent show.  Great visual show and his band is great.  Worth the 300/ticket.  he plays about 2 hours and 45 minutes.  Appears to be the same setlist every night, but everyone in the building knows 90% of the set.  

If anyone is going, he comes on about 5 minutes after ticket time so get there early and get cocktails. 
  • PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Screw it. Dang.
    Oh, I didn't see this. :) Dude, it's not sold out. Both nights still have tix available. Still tons of good (floor and 100 level) face value tix for under $300 after fees and taxes. According to some people, that's totally worth it. ;)
    Maybe it’s me? I’m not seeing anything for under $300.
    edited December 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Screw it. Dang.
    Maybe it’s me? I’m not seeing anything for under $300.
    Oh, I'm just searching for singles - that's probably the difference. That's always the best way to get the best tickets for the least amount of money. I rarely attend big shows with another person anymore, lol. ;) I also have no prob going with a friend and separating when it's time to take our seats. I don't give a shit if I'm next to someone I know during a great show. I don't want to talk to anyone anyhow - I'm too busy enjoying the performance.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,731
    Indian Sunset stole the show for me. What an epic song. 
    dr122931 said:
    Saw him Sunday in Houston. Amazing show.  I’ve seen him 4-5 times and he consistently puts on an excellent show.  Great visual show and his band is great.  Worth the 300/ticket.  he plays about 2 hours and 45 minutes.  Appears to be the same setlist every night, but everyone in the building knows 90% of the set.  

If anyone is going, he comes on about 5 minutes after ticket time so get there early and get cocktails. 
    i was there! and your take is 100% accurate.