Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428
    edited October 2018
    ^
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428
    I was at these shows and I would love to share a project that I am working on to keep the memory of the Spectrum alive: Philly Spectrum S (www.PhillySpectrumS.com - @PhillySpectrumS on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter). When they knocked down the Spectrum they had a large auction where you could bid on almost anything from the Spectrum. I bid on and won the 'S' that spelled SPECTRUM on the side of the arena. Since then I have made it my mission to use this to tell the story of the Spectrum by getting it signed by the Flyers (signatures in orange), Sixers (signatures in red), Musicians (signatures in gold), Executives (signatures in white) and Entertainers (signatures in silver) who performed at the Spectrum. To date, approximately 100 legends have signed the S including Mike McCready (https://www.phillyspectrums.com/mike-mccready) and Jeff Ament (https://www.phillyspectrums.com/jeff-ament). I would love to come on the podcast to talk about the project and my goal of adding Eddie, Stone, Matt and Boom one day.

^^^^That is a really KOOL Project you have^^^^^

GOOD LUCK in getting the rest of Pearl Jam members to sign(and others) the S.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    very cool. love that "Dr. J" signature

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    ^^Great idea^^ Hope you're able to get the rest of the band's signatures @PearlJammin422
    Based on the sigs Ed Snider = John Hancock :lol:
  • Options
    I was at these shows and I would love to share a project that I am working on to keep the memory of the Spectrum alive: Philly Spectrum S (www.PhillySpectrumS.com - @PhillySpectrumS on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter). When they knocked down the Spectrum they had a large auction where you could bid on almost anything from the Spectrum. I bid on and won the 'S' that spelled SPECTRUM on the side of the arena. Since then I have made it my mission to use this to tell the story of the Spectrum by getting it signed by the Flyers (signatures in orange), Sixers (signatures in red), Musicians (signatures in gold), Executives (signatures in white) and Entertainers (signatures in silver) who performed at the Spectrum. To date, approximately 100 legends have signed the S including Mike McCready (https://www.phillyspectrums.com/mike-mccready) and Jeff Ament (https://www.phillyspectrums.com/jeff-ament). I would love to come on the podcast to talk about the project and my goal of adding Eddie, Stone, Matt and Boom one day.

Just sent you a PM
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,076
    All this talk is making me regret not buying the Spectrum 4-show CD box set.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your stories and comments! The episode is out now, check out soundcloud.com/liveon4legs/spectrumclosing to listen. Also available on any of the links you see in my sig below
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    ceska said:
    I believe that is still available on Nugs
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    lukemil33lukemil33 Vandalia, OH Posts: 231
    ceska said:
    Yep still available

https://pearljam.com/shop/music/bootlegs/philadelphia-spectrum-box-set
  • Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFPysl06_qQ
    Sad day for Philadelphia, never should have gotten rid of the Spectrum, it was a huge part of Philadelphia history, sticky floors and all.
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    An honor as always to crank out the 10/30/09 show today at 10am PT on Ten Club Radio. http://www.pearljam.com/radio.php
  • Options
    treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,808
    on2legs said:
    My buddy won the lottery for night 1 and  I was lucky enough to catch Jeff’s wristband at the end of the show =)

This wristband is so neat i want one ,i collect these,soooooo nice

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    DeLukin said:
    Amazing show. I won the PJ lottery and was like 6 rows back, almost dead center. Met up with a friend of mine and his wife who have been PJ fans forever and the guy who had my other ticket and I took turns sharing our awesome seats with them during the show. My friend is from Maryland, and I wanted to give him a little Philly flavor so instead of Geno's or Pat's - which I knew would be packed - we brought a tomato pie from an Italian deli in Norristown to tailgate with and he loved it. To this day whenever we talk he mentions that show and the tomato pie.

Lots of great Spectrum memories for me. From sneaking out of the house and taking the train to the city with friends in junior high to see Ozzy (my first concert), to the 'Angus Bucks' falling from the ceiling during an AC/DC show on the Razor's Edge tour when they recorded their Money Talks video, to the Pelle Lindburgh dedication before a Flyers vs. Oilers game shortly after he passed. The place was old and dirty, but felt like grandma's living room if that makes sense. Just a place that you remember fondly because you knew you felt good any time you were there - even though it was dated and smelled like mothballs.

RIP Spectrum.
    Just had to reply, odd that you mentioned Pelle Lindburgh, I went by where his accident happened the other day.  Still gives me chills.  At the time I was working right up the road from there.  

The Spectrum holds a lot of memories for me too, but nothing greater than the 4 show salute PJ gave it at the end.  One of the best weeks of my life.  
  • Options
    RhinoJamRhinoJam Raleighwood Posts: 593
    In 2009 I took my girlfriend (now wife) to her first Pearl Jam shows and we went to nights 3 and 4 of the Spectrum run. I ended up winning fan club tickets for the Halloween show and out of foolish desperation ended up buying 2nd hand tickets off of Stub-Hub for way too much money for the 30th. (We got into the show on the 30th and the seats were literally up in the rafters and one of my two seats had a giant cement pillar going through it) - - I just ended up keeping my mouth shut, I didn't want to bring attention that I may have somehow bought a fake ticket and risk being asked to leave. Needless to say the show and set-list on the 30th was fantastic and made up for the uncomfortable "seating" arrangement in the rafters. - - On Halloween, my now wife and I both dressed up, and I went to the show as a Zombie "Dr. Feel Good" and my wife went as a female Zorro (she called Zorr-Ho) - - We had a lot of cat calls from homeless people and people on the subway from downtown out to the arena which made the journey all the more fun. - - We got out to the Spectrum early and hung out/tailgated for a while  until after the doors opened. We didn't exactly rush to get in, but after tailgating and drinking some I needed to run to the restroom before going to our seats. - - Down the stairs into the basement area where the large bathrooms were and when I go in there up to the urinal area there is one of those tiered red hats that was just sitting there by itself (someone had forgotten part of their costume). I thought about grabbing it, but figured someone would be back soon for their hat. - - The concert goes on and sure enough when they come out dressed as DIVO for Whip it they are wearing those hats! - - Damnit! --  That hat I saw in the bathroom must have belonged to someone in the band!
    It was an awesome show and a great trip to Philadelphia even with the transportation strike, the Eagles playing the Giants and the World Series all going on at the same time! -- I thought the people of Philadelphia were very nice and look forward to getting up there again for another PJ show!

Rock On! - Rhino.
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640

I dont know if he did but if Billy King signs this he may attempt to give you $80m for it over four years.  He might try to even sign you to a max deal if he gets really caught up in the excitement. 
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,076
    lukemil33 said:
    ceska said:
    Yep still available

https://pearljam.com/shop/music/bootlegs/philadelphia-spectrum-box-set
    Thank you very much! Don't know why I couldn't find it when I looked in the 10C shop. Just ordered during yesterday's sale. Thank you.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    For the closing show I took my older brother to his 1st PJ show. he had been a Flyers season ticket holder at the Spectrum at one time and had probably seen over 200 concerts at the Spectrum in his day.  I knew he had to be there for the closing night and as soon as I heard PJ was closing it out he was the one who I was going to take with my 10C tickets.  It was a great night to share with him.  Was a really good show but the atmosphere and the moment was almost bigger than the show for us locals. Especially with the World Series next door.   I have been down in the complex for many events and other than Championship parades have never seen so many people down there at one time.   It was and electric evening.   And agree with annabellaqueen above. Wells Fargo lot was insane trying to get out of that night. I think it took over and hour to exit it.  

As for the show highlights of that night of course was the opening with Eddie and the Boxing gloves during Why Go and of course the ending with the confetti and Rocking in the Free World.  Also loved the versions of Amongst the Waves, Inside Job and of course Bugs that night.  

I miss The Spectrum. I miss The Vet. I miss J.F.K. Call me crazy. Classic venues that beat out many modern arenas. Wish I had been able to attend the ‘09 shows.
  • Options

I was lucky enough to buy these officially signed posters from Tom Tommorrow of these shows.
    They are part of my office decoration.

Dji
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,196
    pjhawks said:
    For the closing show I took my older brother to his 1st PJ show. he had been a Flyers season ticket holder at the Spectrum at one time and had probably seen over 200 concerts at the Spectrum in his day.  I knew he had to be there for the closing night and as soon as I heard PJ was closing it out he was the one who I was going to take with my 10C tickets.  It was a great night to share with him.  Was a really good show but the atmosphere and the moment was almost bigger than the show for us locals. Especially with the World Series next door.   I have been down in the complex for many events and other than Championship parades have never seen so many people down there at one time.   It was and electric evening.   And agree with annabellaqueen above. Wells Fargo lot was insane trying to get out of that night. I think it took over and hour to exit it.  

As for the show highlights of that night of course was the opening with Eddie and the Boxing gloves during Why Go and of course the ending with the confetti and Rocking in the Free World.  Also loved the versions of Amongst the Waves, Inside Job and of course Bugs that night.  

I miss The Spectrum. I miss The Vet. I miss J.F.K. Call me crazy. Classic venues that beat out many modern arenas. Wish I had been able to attend the ‘09 shows.
    the Vet was a toilet. Was never good in my opinion.  Citizen's Bank Park and the Linc are a 1000x better than the Vet.  Spectrum was classic though. Wells Fargo is kind of blah. nothing special about it. like every other indoor arena these days
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The Ed Snider sig in the middle of that S is fantastic. No one was as important to The Spectrum(and the Flyers) than him.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.