Options

Doves..........

danielheyesdanielheyes Posts: 362
edited January 2007 in Other Music
any love for doves on here?

i think they are a class band!!

very underrated.......
When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    {[No_Code}]{[No_Code}] Posts: 4,059
    indeed underrated

Some Cities is a great album
    So that is how I learned the lesson that everyone is alone. And your eyes must do some raining if you are ever going to grow. But when crying don't help and you can't compose yourself. It is best to compose a poem, an honest longing or simple song of hope.
    That is why I'm singing
  • Options
    transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Last Broadcast is awesome.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    i saw that song alot on the music channels a whilst ago

its like a brown, and there is like a light i think, was a whilst ago
  • Options
    sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    ive only heard black and white town and i like it. theyre underated because most people wouldnt know good music if it raped them
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • Options
    Yes, unfortunately, they're underrated. I wish they got more (any) play on the radio. Great band, nonetheless.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    Dug up this old thread. Amazing band, anyone who isn't listening is really, really missing out.
  • Options
    Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    i LOVE the Doves - saw them in concert a couple years back and it blew me away, one of the best concerts i've ever seen (and i've been to hundreds)....normally i'm one of those guys at a concert who stands there with his hands in his pockets tapping his toes....BUT at that show I was practically dancing - really intense live show

....all of their albums are incredible - i think i like "Lost Souls" the best and "Some Cities" the least, BUT its a tough call

...."There Goes The Fear" is an incredible song....as is "Pounding", "Satellites", "Rise" and "Catch the Sun" etc etc etc etc

....great band - check 'em out if you havent already (and don't miss a chance to see them live)
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    Todd76 wrote:
    i LOVE the Doves - saw them in concert a couple years back and it blew me away, one of the best concerts i've ever seen (and i've been to hundreds)....normally i'm one of those guys at a concert who stands there with his hands in his pockets tapping his toes....BUT at that show I was practically dancing - really intense live show

....all of their albums are incredible - i think i like "Lost Souls" the best and "Some Cities" the least, BUT its a tough call

...."There Goes The Fear" is an incredible song....as is "Pounding", "Satellites", "Rise" and "Catch the Sun" etc etc etc etc

....great band - check 'em out if you havent already (and don't miss a chance to see them live)

Its funny, I like "Some Cities" the most and "Lost Souls" the least (and I really like Last Broadcast too). All three albums are nearly equal.

A few other great songs to check out for those interested: "Walk in Fire", "Cedar Room", "Almost Forgot Myself", "Snowden", "Words", "M62", "Man Who...Everything", "Caught by the River", etc..etc.....
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    any love for doves on here?

i think they are a class band!!

very underrated.......
    "Words/Intro" blows me away....

"There Goes the Fear" so good; a friend calls it "the best song that U2 never wrote".

"Pounding", Satellites"...I guess the lot of "The Last Broadcast"...

"Lost Souls"...quite nice.

I think I like Doves :).
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,990
    they are back!!!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    So far only 1 date scheduled in the UK....I am hoping for some U.S. dates....they were def one of the best bands to come out of the UK in the early 2000s
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,150
    Great band
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,990
    I'm hoping for a new record.