Options

Homeland

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Yeah, I didn't like how they left it all hanging.  Struck me as a bit sloppy.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    I enjoyed this season overall.  Didn't realize last night was the finale until it ended.  Think I saw Claire Danes said one more season and that's it.

Maybe a spoiler here, but I have generally have had enough with Carrie and her issues too.  I was thinking it was odd the way she was saying bye to her daughter and sister though like she wasn't coming back.  That ending was interesting.  
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    On a positive note: Beau Bridges FTW!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,265
    dankind said:
    I was really hoping that they would just kill off Carrie and be done with it. She's a garbage person, and I'm sick of watching her. 

She gave up her sanity for her country. She's a goddamned American hero!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    What I never get is all these guys working covert/borderline illegal opps for Saul and Carrie....how are they getting paid? Do they get a w2 from the government?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    My wife has been yelling all season about how Carrie is doing all this work and doesn't get paid.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    I was really hoping that they would just kill off Carrie and be done with it. She's a garbage person, and I'm sick of watching her. 

She gave up her sanity for her country. She's a goddamned American hero!
    :lip quivers:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    My wife has been yelling all season about how Carrie is doing all this work and doesn't get paid.

Yeah. Her sister mentioned she was like 20k+ deep in credit card debt too
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Fiscally irresponsible garbage person.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    dankind said:

Country over Family

Let's be honest.....that kid sucks anyway. Amirite?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dankind said:

Country over Family

She'll likely grow up to be a domestic terrorist. She'll get a call from her estranged garbage half-sister before she's about to blow up a federal building.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

Country over Family

She'll likely grow up to be a domestic terrorist. She'll get a call from her estranged garbage half-sister before she's about to blow up a federal building.
    As long as she's not a focal point of next season, I'm cool with that.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,741
    Finally got around to watching the most recent season.  Started out a little rough....thankfully the Alex Jones-like douche only lasted a few episodes.  Then it got really good for a few episodes in the middle and towards the end.  Finale was a bit anti-climactic but overall was a pretty solid season.  It was pretty awesome when Keane spit in that senator's face...really enjoyed that.  One more season left coming out next summer.  And hopefully Carrie is never allowed to see Frannie again....what a horrible mother!!  That poor kid.
  • Options
    Totally forgot that the final season started.  Anyone watching?  I'll have to get Showtime back for a month when it gets close to the finale and blow through all the episodes.  I've made it this far so just have to finish the series at this point...
  • Options
    Yeah. Watched the first three episodes. Just more of the same.

Really, a lot of the plot elements are merely variations of the same shit that happened in previous seasons. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    can't wait for this to show up on netflix canada. wonder how long that will take. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankind said:

Really, a lot of the plot elements are merely variations of the same shit that happened in previous seasons. 
    Yeah that's what I figured based on the trailer I saw for this season.  Another situation where only Carrie knows the truth!!!!
  • Options
    dankind said:

Yeah that's what I figured based on the trailer I saw for this season.  Another situation where only Carrie knows the truth!!!!
    Pretty much. I'm 2 in. It's still entertaining though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Seasons 1 and 2 were the best, in my opinion.  Still, I'm going to follow Indifference's lead and down them all during a Showtime freebie.
  • Options
    dankind said:

Saul endangers Carrie -- check
    Saul runs, waves arms, emphatically screams -- check
    Carrie scoffs a lot -- check
    Saul gets kidnapped -- check

Still waiting on:
    Carrie fucks the bad guy
    Carrie washes down meds with booze
    Saul trusts someone or something he shouldn't have
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    dankind said:

Saul endangers Carrie -- check
    Saul runs, waves arms, emphatically screams -- check
    Carrie scoffs a lot -- check
    Saul gets kidnapped -- check

Still waiting on:
    Carrie fucks the bad guy
    Carrie washes down meds with booze
    Saul trusts someone or something he shouldn't have
    She apparently already did just can’t remember. Haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    I am not going through this entire thread because of spoilers. I've been streaming this on lockdown.  Ending season 5 right now. Sorry I won't be watching the finale with everyone else this weekend. Well, maybe if I really binge this week.

Question I have is this: Has anyone found themselves really conflicted about the mostly negative portrayal of Muslims/Arabs while watching this show? I have had to check my prejudice on more than one occasion, like almost all of season 4 when they were in Pakistan. Again out of fear for spoilers, I've avoided going out in the Internet to see what the discussion has been like.

Claire Danes and Mandy Patankin are beyond stellar in this whole series. Incredible performances. 
  • Options
    I’ve loved Patinkin since Princess Bride :) Though I heard he’s admitted to being a huge asshole on Chicago Hope. His portrayal of Saul is just so...fine. Those eyes speak volumes. 

Spectrum was offering free Showtime so I haven’t seen any new ones since last week. Gonna give in and get it just for that. I’d also started re-watching the whole thing from the beginning. 

And Ms Danes? Love her! She won me over with My So-Called Life. Such a talented, instinctive actress. 

I’ll have to give your question some thought. 
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,469
    Wife and I just started this over the weekend. Finished S1 last night. We enjoyed it and will get back into S2 tonight.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,927
    Looking forward to the grand finale next week! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    I have enjoyed the shit out of this season.
  • Options
    I actually gave up on it about a month ago. Just got more and more over the top to me...even for this show. But I'll do a major binge this weekend leading up to the finale. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,927
    I have enjoyed the shit out of this season.
    Agreed! I thought the Nick Brady storyline in season 2 or 3 got way over the top and hit a dead end but once they moved on from that it’s been a really great show from start to finish. Oh well will have to move onto something else now. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Yooooooooo
  • Options
    Yooooooooo
    Binged the last 4 episodes and finished the finale last night. Season in total was real good. Second half was stronger than the first. That finale was really perfect though. I absolutely loved how it ended, it's almost as if the show came full circle.

I was arguing with my buddy via text last night who was saying its a top 5 show ever. I think that is nonsense. While the first season was one of the best single season's of tv I've ever seen, the rest were hit or miss. There were some really, really good seasons while some were way too over the top and unbelievable to be considered upper echelon television. Most were really entertaining though.

He was arguing that it's tough to keep a show great for 8 seasons and I agree with that. Most of the shows that I consider the all time greats didn't go longer than 5 or 6 seasons. So gotta give Homeland a lot of credit for still putting out a quality highly entertaining show for that amount of time. I'm going to miss it. Again--that ending was perfect.
    chinese-happy.jpg