2»

Comments

• Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I am an incel. 
    Ummmmm.... do you know what an incel really is?? Don't just interpret the word literally - there is serious meaning that comes with that label. If you're really an incel, that would probably make you enemy #1 here. It's an incredibly offensive thing to be.
    I am an incel without the hatred towards women. I may as well be a priest.
    Then you're not an incel. Stop saying it. Those woman haters are the ones who coined the term. It's like saying you're KKK but not racist. 

It makes me feel like one being a single virgin at 34 who scares women away.
    I am disturbed that you keep insisting on relating to incels. I just have to hope that it's because you don't understand the implications of the comment.
    What are the implications? I said my situations makes me feel like I am one not that I am one.
    I am very respectful towards women.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,677
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I am an incel. 
    Ummmmm.... do you know what an incel really is?? Don't just interpret the word literally - there is serious meaning that comes with that label. If you're really an incel, that would probably make you enemy #1 here. It's an incredibly offensive thing to be.
    I am an incel without the hatred towards women. I may as well be a priest.
    Then you're not an incel. Stop saying it. Those woman haters are the ones who coined the term. It's like saying you're KKK but not racist. 

It makes me feel like one being a single virgin at 34 who scares women away.
    I am disturbed that you keep insisting on relating to incels. I just have to hope that it's because you don't understand the implications of the comment.
    What are the implications? I said my situations makes me feel like I am one not that I am one.
    I am very respectful towards women.
    but you made a declarative statement  as fact.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I am a Jedi, like my father before me.
    Another declarative statement.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    I am a non violent, respectful, feminist incel. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,677
    have fun....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    have fun....
    Fun with what?
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited November 2018
    In all fairness to Thoughts_Arrive, the “incel” movement was originally created with the best of intentions. Unfortunately it was overtaken by the extremist, fringe element.  Have a look for more info here:
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-45284455

You seem like a nice person Thoughts_Arrive and you might not understand how this has devolved. 
    As long as you maintain a sense of humour in life, everything you want (peace and love!)  will come to you my fellow Jammer! 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    In all fairness to Thoughts_Arrive, the “incel” movement was originally created with the best of intentions. Unfortunately it was overtaken by the extremist, fringe element.  Have a look for more info here:

You seem like a nice person Thoughts_Arrive and you might not understand how this has devolved. 
    As long as you maintain a sense of humour in life, everything you want (peace and love!)  will come to you my fellow Jammer! 
    Interesting article.
    I learned it was founded by a woman which astounded me.
    I can't believe people got all upset about me saying I am an incel, as the woman who founded the group dubbed it.
    Thank you for the kind words.

• Options

Interesting article.
    I can't believe people got all upset about me saying I am an incel, as the woman who founded the group dubbed it.

So much in life begins with good intentions... unfortunately the fringe element can usurp a term/belief and then it comes with all sorts of negative connotations.    
    My grandfather gave me the best advice when I was younger... chase your dreams not women. When you chase your dreams the women will come.  When I actually grew up and took his advice.... well of course he was right haha
  • Options

Interesting article.

So much in life begins with good intentions... unfortunately the fringe element can usurp a term/belief and then it comes with all sorts of negative connotations.    
    My grandfather gave me the best advice when I was younger... chase your dreams not women. When you chase your dreams the women will come.  When I actually grew up and took his advice.... well of course he was right haha
    Interesting advice. I don't even know what my dream is sadly. Is it academia? Is it art? Is it music?
  • Options

Interesting article.

Interesting advice. I don't even know what my dream is sadly. Is it academia? Is it art? Is it music?
    That you can only figure out on your own sir! Part of life is discovering your dreams/passions.  The journey of self-discovery can be a wonderful ride.
  • Options
    And a depressing one when you're on a merry go round of confusion
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    We need to get this dude laid 
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    We need to get this dude laid 
    :cry:
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937

Interesting article.

Unfortunately for the one who defined the word, it has been stolen from her, and it's going to take a lot for her to rid the term of the ugly associations it now has. If you'd prefer to be associated with those ugly behaviours (shooting down innocent people, etc.), then call yourself an incel. Otherwise, you can always stick with virgin (if you have to talk about it at all, which 99/100 conversations you don't have to).

For what it's worth, I can't imagine coining yourself an incel publicly is going to help you change your current reality.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
  • Options
    benjs said:

Interesting article.

Unfortunately for the one who defined the word, it has been stolen from her, and it's going to take a lot for her to rid the term of the ugly associations it now has. If you'd prefer to be associated with those ugly behaviours (shooting down innocent people, etc.), then call yourself an incel. Otherwise, you can always stick with virgin (if you have to talk about it at all, which 99/100 conversations you don't have to).

For what it's worth, I can't imagine coining yourself an incel publicly is going to help you change your current reality.
    My computer has Incel inside. Dual core.