how awesome was RITFW '92 version?

DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
edited November 2007 in The Porch
if you don't understand what I mean I mean like how pearl jam preformed it at pinkpop. I'm not saying they should do it again I'm justing saying how awesome it is and for those of you who experienced it live, how awesome was it to be in the crowd?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yes!!I have to agree!!!How I wish I could have seen them then!!
    The waiting drove me mad!!!
  • My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
    I was just thinking this the other night when I was listening to one of the '92 shows. I like the way they started with the drums and bass back then. That version at Pink Pop was sweet. I watch that on Youtube often.
  • lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    great thread..
    I've been saying this for the past two tours..

they need to go back to the punked up 1992 version of RITFW...!

(and don't let Boom play on this one... I love Boom but not on RITFW)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Toronto Sept 96. Barrie Aug 98. Toronto Oct 00. Toronto June 03. Hamilton Sept 05. Toronto May 06. Toronto Aug 09. Toronto Sept 11. London July 13. Toronto May 16 (I & II).
    Eddie solo. Aug 08 (Massey Hall II)
  • spryguy09 wrote:

This is the what they did right before RITFW.. I hate how people break it into two songs.. I made an MP3 of them together, I listen to it a lot :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0fkGjk0URI
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    This is a prime example of why they can't be touched live! ...then...now...or ever! (except for The Who)

Their shows have been full of charisma and power since day one!

All Hail Pearl Jam! (I get so fuckin' pumped when I watch these clips!)
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • smile05smile05 Posts: 600
    1:Black 2:Corduroy 3:All Those Yesterdays 4:I Got ID 5:Smile

They can buy but cant put on my clothes
    Throw down my ace in the hole~~~~~~

Let's go for three in a row, no sorry i can't think of anything thats not funny. - Paul Merton

London96,Manchester00,Berlin06,London07
  • lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    This is a prime example of why they can't be touched live! ...then...now...or ever! (except for The Who)

Their shows have been full of charisma and power since day one!

All Hail Pearl Jam! (I get so fuckin' pumped when I watch these clips!)

agree 100%
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    That performance of RITFW is, IMO, the best live performance of any song Pearl Jam has done.
  • It's crazy those videos from pinkpop are ridiculous, are there any dvds of that show? I would seriously kill for a dvd of pinkpop or mtv unplugged. If anyone has any info on how to get my hands one of those I would greatly appreciate it. The pinkpop recording I have has nothing on the sound of those videos. Does anyone have an audio recording that matches up to the vids on youtube?
  • I can't remember the music award show it was on (around 94 I think). They did RITFW with Niel Young where Neil sang a verse then Eddie sang a verse Neil ROCKED OUT!!!.

And a quick check of the youtubes and voila... MTV music award '93

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd5-ZTyaMMs&feature=related

I think both versions are pretty awesome!