Worst Pearl Jam song ever....

Comments

• southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    mcgruff10 said:
    The answer has been the same since 2002: you are.  
    That song is amazing live.
    Absolutely!
    rustedsigns
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2018
    KN219077 said:
    I can’t believe it took this many posts....Ole!
    Ole is my #1 worst for sure. Followed closely by Sirens, Let The Records Play, The Fixer, Future Days, and fuckin' Sweet Lew.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    KN219077 said:
    I can’t believe it took this many posts....Ole!
    Ole is my #1 worst for sure. Followed closely by Sirens, Let The Records Play, The Fixer, Future Days, and fuckin' Sweet Lew.
    Ole for me gets a pass. I like the music to it. I try not to pay attention to the lyrics. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• One of my favorite posts on here over the years was when someone mentioned that if the chorus to Ole said “fuck you” in place of “olé” that this would would be creaming over it. 
  • One of my favorite posts on here over the years was when someone mentioned that if the chorus to Ole said “fuck you” in place of “olé” that this would would be creaming over it. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHQwR3eRNT4
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Leatherman
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Clearly the PJ version of Sleeping by Myself. Yuck.
    agree... 
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Pap said:
    Game over, because someone said Leatherman? ;) 
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Evacuation
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    I've never liked the album version of Speed of Sound - that's easily my worst song. The demo version was more likeable

And Sleeping By Myself should never have been recorded by the band, just bad
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Btw, wouldn't blame you if that was the case, Pap. Should've seen my face when I read the Comatose post.  :open_mouth:

Unpopular: Hey, Foxymop
    Popular: Better Man
  • leep75leep75 Posts: 265
    Sirens
    Last Kiss
    All of Backspacer (except for Supersonic....I like that one)

leep
  • Habit
    Thumbing My Way
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Habit
    Thumbing My Way
    Those are two pretty polar opposite songs!
    PJNB said:

Ten - none
    VS - none
    Vitalogy - Bugs plus all of that experimental crap that no one listens to
    No Code - Mankind. Just not a good song and I enjoy Don't Gimme No Lip a lot so its not because it is Stone.
    Yield - none
    Binaural - Evacuation. Parts of this song are just ok while others are unlistenable. 
    Riot Act - Cropduster. Just not a good song imo and a set killer at the shows I have seen with it there.
    Avocado -  Big Wave. One of the worse chorus's they have "Got me a big wave, ride me a big wave, got me a big wave"
    Backspacer - The album with the most duds imo. Gonna See My Friend, The Fixer, Johnny Guitar, Just Breathe, Supersonic,The End
    Lightning Bolt - My Fathers Son, Let the Records Play, Sleeping By Myself, Future Days are all duds. 

Only picking 15 songs over 10 albums is a pretty good track record if you ask me. The last two albums I picked over half on one and almost half on the other. I am really hoping the next album is more solid. 
    Pretty darn close! 
    Don't forget about I'm Open. I'm not much of a fan of Pilate and still struggle with PMPM. I'd like to soon forget the song Soon..(sorry, I won't finish the bad pun)...Unemployable never did it for me. Did you forget to include Sirens
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Sirens
    The End

These are the only PJ songs in the entire catalog that I don’t like. 
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Sirens
    The End

These are the only PJ songs in the entire catalog that I don’t like. 
    I feel that I've asked this question before but I'm just wondering if you've always disliked YLB or do you feel that it's just been "played out" - especially as a closer - for quite some time now?
    Just curious.
    Pap said:
    Game over, because someone said Leatherman? ;) 

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    Btw, wouldn't blame you if that was the case, Pap. Should've seen my face when I read the Comatose post.  :open_mouth:
    :hug:
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    rummy said:
    PJNB said:

Ten - none
    VS - none
    No Code - Mankind. Just not a good song and I enjoy Don't Gimme No Lip a lot so its not because it is Stone.
    Yield - none
    Binaural - Evacuation. Parts of this song are just ok while others are unlistenable. 
    Riot Act - Cropduster. Just not a good song imo and a set killer at the shows I have seen with it there.
    Avocado -  Big Wave. One of the worse chorus's they have "Got me a big wave, ride me a big wave, got me a big wave"
    Backspacer - The album with the most duds imo. Gonna See My Friend, The Fixer, Johnny Guitar, Just Breathe, Supersonic,The End
    Lightning Bolt - My Fathers Son, Let the Records Play, Sleeping By Myself, Future Days are all duds. 

Only picking 15 songs over 10 albums is a pretty good track record if you ask me. The last two albums I picked over half on one and almost half on the other. I am really hoping the next album is more solid. 
    Pretty darn close! 
    Don't forget about I'm Open. I'm not much of a fan of Pilate and still struggle with PMPM. I'd like to soon forget the song Soon..(sorry, I won't finish the bad pun)...Unemployable never did it for me. Did you forget to include Sirens
    Totally forgot Sirens somehow. Unemployable is not good but not terrible either imo. I like I'm Open live. It is a pretty cool intro to other songs like MFC. Pilate is an odd song because parts of it are great and other parts are awful. Soon Forget is a song that has not aged well imo and I probably could have listed it as well. Plus about a quarter of Lost Dogs could make this list easy as well. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJNB said:

Ten - none
    VS - none
    Yield - none

I'll play:
    Ten-none
    vs- none
    vitalogy- stupid mop (bugs was actually good live!!)
    no code- mankind
    yield- I guess pilate
    Binaural- evacuation, sleight of hand
    riot act- crop-duster, ghost, you are
    self-titled- comatose, parachutes, unemployable
    backpacer- surprisingly none
    lb- my father's son, infallible, future days
    honorable mention: in the moonlight

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:

Ten - none
    VS - none
    Yield - none

I'll play:
    Ten-none
    vs- none
    vitalogy- stupid mop (bugs was actually good live!!)
    no code- mankind
    yield- I guess pilate
    Binaural- evacuation, sleight of hand
    riot act- crop-duster, ghost, you are
    self-titled- comatose, parachutes, unemployable

backpacer- surprisingly none

lb- my father's son, infallible, future days
    honorable mention: in the moonlight

• RhinoJamRhinoJam Raleighwood Posts: 592
    Ole
    Leatherman
    Sirens (always kills the energy live)

Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18
  • Fixer 
    Can't Deny Me 
    Sweet Lew 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    No Coder said:
    I've never liked the album version of Speed of Sound - that's easily my worst song. The demo version was more likeable

And Sleeping By Myself should never have been recorded by the band, just bad
    This is a solid choice as well. I almost went with it. Other than these 2 I find redeeming value in the others.
    hippiemom = goodness
    RhinoJam said: Leatherman

• :lol:   

:hug:  to you, Pap. Someone said Comatose again too. They just don't know...
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Stupid Mop.

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    Ole