All Them Witches

I saw these guys open up for Primus/Mastodon and loved them.

Anybody else hear of them or are in to them?
https://youtu.be/jnMpu9c_-uQ

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    I like All Them Witches. Solid band. I've never seen them live, but would if the tix weren't too expensive.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,961
    PJ_Soul said:
    I like All Them Witches. Solid band. I've never seen them live, but would if the tix weren't too expensive.
    Never heard of them until Primus show.  I'm going to follow these guys now.  They are young so they have a bunch of music still to write!

How'd you come across them?
    PJ_Soul said:
    Never heard of them until Primus show.  I'm going to follow these guys now.  They are young so they have a bunch of music still to write!

How'd you come across them?
    Maybe 3 years ago they were just in my Spotify-curated Discover Weekly playlist (Spotify thought they suited my listening habits), and I really liked the song, so went to their page and listened to some more and found that I enjoyed most of everything they've done. This is how I discover 95% of all new (to me) music now - it's why I love Spotify so much! :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Great band. Even better live imo Honestly i saw them on tour with primus and mastodon and almost wanted to go to just see them again (not a big primus fan and i've seen mastodon countless times) but i could not justify the cost at the time
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    edited June 2018
    Tempo, this thread made me listen to them for the past couple hours - man, they are so awesome. Could this be one of the most underrated or underappreciated bands ever? Maybe.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    PJ_Soul said:
    Tempo, this thread made me listen to them for the past couple hours - man, they are so awesome. Could this be one of the most underrated or underappreciated bands ever? Maybe.
    Yes, I agree!

This is the song that  they played live that grabbed me.  It's called Alabaster.  The guitar hook is mesmerizing!

https://youtu.be/uwTWRN-emPk

We need to pimp this band!
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    Really liked what I've heard from these guys so far. Seems they've released a few albums so looking forward to digging deeper into it!
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
    Jason P said:
    Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Bitchin band on the rise!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• CsAc99CsAc99 Washington Posts: 35
    Such a great band! They are announcing new album release date and west coast tour dates today. Can't wait!
    "Are you getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?"
    Saw them on Saturday - great show! They also attracted a great crowd. Like, true rocker fans filled the venue, which unfortunately you don't see so much these days. Made for an especially fun and friendly show.
  • PJ_Soul said:
    Saw them on Saturday - great show! They also attracted a great crowd. Like, true rocker fans filled the venue, which unfortunately you don't see so much these days. Made for an especially fun and friendly show.
    Awesome!  Were they headliners or supporting?
    edited November 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    Headliners. In a true rocker venue too - The Rickshaw, an old dump of a fucking fantastic venue that is smack dab in the middle of skid row central (Main & Hastings). :lol: I'm not kidding, this is considered the roughest fucking intersection in all of Canada. But this really is a cool venue. Historical, good sound, with a full floor on the stage level, then there is a smallish balcony up top with steep GA theatre seating in it, but with some standing room at the front and back of the seating as well. You consistently get some of the best shows in this place. Anyway, the band managed to keep a solid mosh pit active for the entire show ... even during the slow song, lol. What the band excels at on their albums - fucking wicked extended instrumental rock outs that make you say, "That was awesome!!!" after they're over, is what they excel at live too. They very recently "lost" their keyboardist  - I don't know the story behind why - so now they are a 3 piece band, and my god, the sound they manage with only 3 guys is insane (made me think they lost the 4th guy because he was simply totally unnecessary to their sound). People thought Royal Blood was good with that, but they don't even come close to matching All Them Witches as far as that goes.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Headliners. In a true rocker venue too - The Rickshaw, an old dump of a fucking fantastic venue that is smack dab in the middle of skid row central (Main & Hastings). :lol: I'm not kidding, this is considered the roughest fucking intersection in all of Canada. But this really is a cool venue. Historical, good sound, with a full floor on the stage level, then there is a smallish balcony up top with steep GA theatre seating in it, but with some standing room at the front and back of the seating as well. You consistently get some of the best shows in this place. Anyway, the band managed to keep a solid mosh pit active for the entire show ... even during the slow song, lol. What the band excels at on their albums - fucking wicked extended instrumental rock outs that make you say, "That was awesome!!!" after they're over, is what they excel at live too. They very recently "lost" their keyboardist  - I don't know the story behind why - so now they are a 3 piece band, and my god, the sound they manage with only 3 guys is insane (made me think they lost the 4th guy because he was simply totally unnecessary to their sound). People thought Royal Blood was good with that, but they don't even come close to matching All Them Witches as far as that goes.

I really liked the drummer  and guitarist when they would jam out.  Very nice on the ears!
  • adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2019
    Just bought tickets to see them next month in Charlotte. Tickets were $12. Can’t wait.   
    Post edited by adam42381 on
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Been having a little listen, sounds good! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • adam42381 said:
    Just bought tickets to see them next month in Charlotte. Tickets were $12. Can’t wait.  
    I need to see if they are coming to ny.