Possible Podcast

The title pretty much says it all. I want to focus on the band but also the fans and what is happening here on the board. 
I’d like to share music by fans of the band here, my history here and with the band, highlight concerts and albums. 

I have a question for you, the possible audience- what’s a good length for a podcast you enjoy listening to? I could talk about this band and my co-fans for the rest of my life without taking a breath. 
For a title I’m thinking either “M.Y.T.H.” or “We All Believe.” Something Faithfull related. 

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I'd say 1-1.5 hours at most. Maybe start smaller and see what ideas you generate & build it as needed.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mfc2006 said:
    I'd say 1-1.5 hours at most. Maybe start smaller and see what ideas you generate & build it as needed.
    Sweet. Thanks man. I thought the feeling was going to be 10-15 minutes. I didn’t know how I would make that work. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Cool idea. Keep us updated as I would love to check it out. 
  • Glad you are interested in putting a show together. The PJ Podcast community would be happy to welcome another.

We've been doing Live On 4 Legs for about 2 months now and I think we've figured out a good groove to keep the episodes moving. However, like you mentioned above, we have monster episodes. The last 3 have been in between 3 and 2 1/2 hours. Those are pretty heavy episodes, but considering we cover every song played on a near 3 hour show plus other banter it continues to add on. I don't think that's dropped our audience at all, but it is something that you definitely have to keep in mind.

Another thing I would suggest is find a way to stand out among the rest of the shows. Until we started I think SPT was the only show out there and now I know of two more that have either started or are forming and those are of the exact same format. Different voices, sure. Always good to hear different opinions across the landscape. But SPT covers specific topics (albums, band members spotlights, etc) we do 100% all live performances, both new shows starting I believe are song breakdown based. Just find something you'd like to do that might be a little different than everything else.

I wouldn't want to infringe or tell you what to do at all, but writing this made me think of a good idea of what hasn't been done. Maybe you could have a different fan on every episode to just talk about their love of the band and favorite moments and what makes them a fan? It works really well with the Faithfull theme you'd like to push and it promises that every episode is gonna give you something fresh and exciting. 

If you need any help getting off the ground when it comes to finding a podcast provider or any of the technical or marketing aspects, don't hesitate to reach out. Happy to help however I can!
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
  • Glad you are interested in putting a show together. The PJ Podcast community would be happy to welcome another.

We've been doing Live On 4 Legs for about 2 months now and I think we've figured out a good groove to keep the episodes moving. However, like you mentioned above, we have monster episodes. The last 3 have been in between 3 and 2 1/2 hours. Those are pretty heavy episodes, but considering we cover every song played on a near 3 hour show plus other banter it continues to add on. I don't think that's dropped our audience at all, but it is something that you definitely have to keep in mind.

Another thing I would suggest is find a way to stand out among the rest of the shows. Until we started I think SPT was the only show out there and now I know of two more that have either started or are forming and those are of the exact same format. Different voices, sure. Always good to hear different opinions across the landscape. But SPT covers specific topics (albums, band members spotlights, etc) we do 100% all live performances, both new shows starting I believe are song breakdown based. Just find something you'd like to do that might be a little different than everything else.

I wouldn't want to infringe or tell you what to do at all, but writing this made me think of a good idea of what hasn't been done. Maybe you could have a different fan on every episode to just talk about their love of the band and favorite moments and what makes them a fan? It works really well with the Faithfull theme you'd like to push and it promises that every episode is gonna give you something fresh and exciting. 

If you need any help getting off the ground when it comes to finding a podcast provider or any of the technical or marketing aspects, don't hesitate to reach out. Happy to help however I can!
    Thanks so much for this, man. That’s really cool of you. I’m definitely trying to figure out a way to make mine unique from others. I’ll definitely keep you in mind when I’m close to posting it in hope of some feedback. Thanks a ton.