Options

ISO Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon

Comments

• Options
    My spot came through for me!!!
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,624
    ^^ nice find. Enjoy!
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Charleston, WV Posts: 989
    Well, WV Antique Collection and Pappy drops were fucking circuses.  So, I bought a case of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B518 and called it quits until a few stores host the "raffles".  
    ...So much talk it makes no sense at all...
  • Options
    Well, WV Antique Collection and Pappy drops were fucking circuses.  So, I bought a case of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B518 and called it quits until a few stores host the "raffles".  
    Nothing wrong w that. Just remember to share...
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    edited November 2018
    Just for the record I really want the 17yo Eagle Rare. 

Anybody score that?
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    I grabbed a couple B518 also. So damn good.

The only way you have a shot at the BTAC and Pappy is via raffle? That sucks. 
  • Options
    Just got the record I really want the 17yo Eagle Rare. 

Anybody score that?
    VERY few of these bottles released. I’ll let you know next week. I definitely have some heavy hitters coming, but exactly which ones are still TBD.

Nice work landing the Stagg! I will be very happy if I can follow suit. 
  • Options
    How much water are you adding to the Stagg Antique?

All it says is this on the website:
    "Open it up with a few drops of water, sit back and ponder the wonders of the universe."
  • Options
    I don’t have the Stagg (yet), but I’ve had it before and I wouldn’t add much water, if any. I think a few drops is accurate. Maybe someone else on here could add an opinion, but a couple drops shouldn’t disappoint. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    I don’t have the Stagg (yet), but I’ve had it before and I wouldn’t add much water, if any. I think a few drops is accurate. Maybe someone else on here could add an opinion, but a couple drops shouldn’t disappoint. 
    I was told that there was a website that tells how much to add to what.

I'm really wanting to find that website if it does exist.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:

Anybody score that?
    VERY few of these bottles released. I’ll let you know next week. I definitely have some heavy hitters coming, but exactly which ones are still TBD.

I had been mentioning to my spot that I have some stuff to sample if he'd like and he said "sure".  So I brought in my 25yo rum for him and a coworker to try.  They were blown away.

He countered w that bottle.

Now I'm wondering what I have to bring in to score some Pappy, lol?!?
  • Options
    Note on the ER17 : 45 barrels only... Compare that to the Stagg's 248 barrels...
  • Options
    bbiggs said:

Anybody score that?

I had been mentioning to my spot that I have some stuff to sample if he'd like and he said "sure".  So I brought in my 25yo rum for him and a coworker to try.  They were blown away.

He countered w that bottle.

Now I'm wondering what I have to bring in to score some Pappy, lol?!?
    Wow! That’s a cool story and cool of them to reward you with a nice bottle. Sounds like a good dude. You might have to bust out some of that fine cognac for the Pappy! Haha 
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,624
    Note on the ER17 : 45 barrels only... Compare that to the Stagg's 248 barrels...
    There was only 15 bottles for the PA lottery.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    Yep. Going to be tough to land one of these. For what it’s worth, I’ve read a few reviews and all are rating the Stagg and Weller over the ER, so it may not be worth the chase in comparison to the “more available” Antique Collection bottles. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Yep. Going to be tough to land one of these. For what it’s worth, I’ve read a few reviews and all are rating the Stagg and Weller over the ER, so it may not be worth the chase in comparison to the “more available” Antique Collection bottles. 
    I’d like to try the Larue too...
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    I’d like to try the Larue too...
    Same. I’d like a WLW and Stagg. And a Pappy 20 and 15 if I had my way. But I’ll take whatever I can get. 
  • Options
    Seriously?!?
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    They won't sell at that price.
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,437
    Every time I see this thread I get thirsty lol
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    Wasn't  going to post this but here goes....

• Options

I'll buy one if your place will move them @Bentleyspop
  • Options

Are you in the liquor business? You get all the good stuff. Nice work. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538

Unfortunately they're all spoken for
  • Options

Unfortunately they're all spoken for
    lol they were most likely sold before they even arrived...
  • Options
    edited November 2018

"Open it up with a few drops of water, sit back and ponder the wonders of the universe."
    To each their own, but zero water added here.  I enjoy the heat and flavor explosion. 

Post edited by BRAIN0FJAY on
  • Options

To each their own, but zero water added here.  I enjoy the heat and flavor explosion. 

Interesting.

• Options
    They actually say adding a drop or two of water to your drink helps open up the flavours. 
    i noticed it the first time i had bookers bourbon. At 127.8 proof it’s a peppery drink.
    I added two small drops of water to my dram and oh man, how nicely it opens up the whiskey. Still peppery but it opens up the sweeter tones and even out the flavours. 
    But like I said before it all depends on what my taste buds are craving. 

• Options

Seeing this makes me happy. 
    Seeing this on my shelf would make me happier. 
    LOL
    happy drinking!
  • Options

Interesting.

https://www.amazon.com/Old-Limestone-Mixing-1000ml-Pouring/dp/B00S8DLUHS

This comes with a spout.  I would consider a dropper.

This discussion has been closed.