CHEAP TRICK

san pedrosan pedro Posts: 169
edited April 2010 in Other Music
i am going to see cheap trick on the 24th in laughlin,nv. during the river run. i haven't seen them since 1980 on the "all shook up" tour. at the time tom peterson had just quit, so i didn't get to see the original lineup play. now i find out that bun e. carlos isn't touring with them at this time. i was a bit bummed, but they have rick's son daxx on drums right now and the setlists look awesome. should be an awesome show! 8-)
"DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
    Any Cheap Trick post should get at least one reply!

Anyway, why no Bun E. on the kit?
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    Have Fun...maybe Mikey will show up again!!l

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSNVol-K8y8
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • san pedrosan pedro Posts: 169
    jammerfall wrote:
    Any Cheap Trick post should get at least one reply!

Anyway, why no Bun E. on the kit?

they issued a statement last month on their website that said he is still a member of the band, but just not touring at this time.
    according to their message board bun e. was the one that wrote their setlists up and since he isn't touring with them right now they are doing longer shows, which means more songs they don't usually play!
    Lizard wrote:
    Have Fun...maybe Mikey will show up again!!l

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSNVol-K8y8

great video!! thanx!
  • jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
    I spent about 3 1/2 hours today checking out assorted CT stuff online while giving Heaven Tonight, Dream Police & All Shook Up full listens. Reminds me how much I loved this band back in the day. :D
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • JLF78JLF78 Posts: 96
    Love the vid w/ Mikey...Crazy thing is that I live 15 min. away from CT's hometown (Rockford, IL) and I've never seen them live.
    jammerfall wrote:
    I spent about 3 1/2 hours today checking out assorted CT stuff online while giving Heaven Tonight, Dream Police & All Shook Up full listens. Reminds me how much I loved this band back in the day. :D

3 great albums!!! i also like "in color". love the old school CHEAP TRICK! they still rock!
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    I’m in my mid 40’s. Well versed in rock and roll. 

Somehow, I’ve not given much thought to Cheap Trick until recently. 

I’m seriously enjoying their first 3 albums!
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.