Options

Not for you...

really hope this song gets played more.  The aggression of this really hits home.  Really think this is one of their most underrated tracks.  Love the version on touring band

Comments

• Options
    unknownunknown Posts: 531
    Geez I guess I’m the only one who likes this song
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 897
    They play it at 1/3 of shows... I love the song but it’s not like it’s missing! One of their best live tracks!
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    It is a great song
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,738
    KN219077 said:
    They play it at 1/3 of shows... I love the song but it’s not like it’s missing! One of their best live tracks!
    Definitely not missing but not played nearly as much as they used to. Only played twice in 2016. 
  • Options
    Same here. Bring it.

I gather speed . . . Great Western Forum - Jul 13, 1998; Great Western Forum - Jul 14, 1998; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 02, 2003; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Irvine - Jun 03, 2003; Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003; Santa Barbara County Bowl - Oct 28, 2003; Gorge Amphitheatre - Sep 01, 2005; Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 Summerfest - Jun 29, 2006; The Forum - Jul 09, 2006; Aloha Stadium - Dec 09, 2006; Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008; Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008; United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    United Center - Aug 24, 2009; Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana -May 07, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 20, 2010; Madison Square Garden - May 21, 2010
    EV Solo 2008: LA1, Boston 1, DC1
    EV Colo 2009: Nashville 1&2
    Dead Man Walking: The Concert: March 29, 1998
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    excellent song
    danny d
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,044
    One of their best.  Love it live...every single time.
  • Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323
    I would be happy to have NFY in a setlist
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    This thread isn’t for you 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    CDEANSEATTLECDEANSEATTLE Seattle Posts: 33
    Maybe its original meaning is gone, so why sing it if its not relevant? Now its being sung just to hear. 
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    edited September 2018
    Maybe its original meaning is gone, so why sing it if its not relevant? Now its being sung just to hear. 

Ya ok, and the Rolling Stones can just stop playing (I Cant get no) Satisfaction ?

Because they have been satisfied ever since the song came out.

Post edited by willbarclay on
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXCZhJ5ZaXQ

I love that song! They played it in Kracow this summer! 

And I dedicate it to the guy who nearly ruined my night there behaving like a complete moron, jumping around hurting me with banging his elbow into my breast several times! Well I hope you'll read this! Your crazy answer did safe your life! 

I could not laugh at that back then. Now I can. 
  • Options
    unknownunknown Posts: 531
    I’ve seen it once and it was killer
  • Options
    CDEANSEATTLECDEANSEATTLE Seattle Posts: 33

Ya ok, and the Rolling Stones can just stop playing (I Cant get no) Satisfaction ?

Because they have been satisfied ever since the song came out.

Lukin is a great song too but isn't played very often as its no longer relative, BETTERMAN has changed from its original lyrics to a jam session so meaning lost.  The Song  "Cant get no" was created in 1964, how many times have YOU heard it live since its creation?  IF you were old enough to go to a Stones concert in 64 doesn't the song feel different now at age 70? 1995 WAS  A time of greedy merchants, tone deaf music producers, Ticketmaster, and corporate entities in Seattle. now I hear them in Starbucks? Ten Club was born from that movement. If you listen to "Cant get no" live in 65 and it still makes your blood pump the same 50 years later. It doesn't  mean you cant still enjoy the music but does it still make same today as hearing it at the RockKandy in a pit? Here is a quote from EV, if EV and Mike still feel that way they or any of us after 25 years wewould never grew up and have learned nothing.........

Eddie Vedder (from Spin Magazine, December 1994): "It's not that we want to take credit. That's fine. I don't care. I don't want credit, it's not like I'm trying to claim that. But when they start acting like they own you that they are the reason... that's something that's not true. These attitudes out there that the music is theirs that it's the industry's music, and it's not. It's mine. And it's yours. Whoever's listening to it. It's mine and it's yours. And everybody in between, they're the distributors. I think that something like a music channel can be very powerful. Sometimes they think they're the ones who decide what's heard. I think that's a dangerous situation. And, I think, what's more dangerous is that thy think it belongs to them. That's probably what 'Not For You is about.'" 

I get pissed off if I see someone's picture everywhere: on the cover of this, on the back of that, in ads, in sound bites on TV. I start to hate that person, whether I've heard their music or not. And so I've really tried to hold back from doing that stuff. I think that's what pissed me off about Time magazine, when I didn't have to agree to be on their cover in order for them to put me on it. I felt like, f--k, I'm gonna be that guy I hate whether I want to or not. And pretty soon, I'm gonna be an icon that can just be joked about. I'm too sensitive to that kind of stuff. I did my best to hold us back from becoming that, at least after witnessing what happened on the first record. I thought for the second record we were pretty mellow. We took ourselves off TV. But I still feel like we're that band that everybody hates."""

As to the original question math is not our side for personal favorites. Every show has 10 fan favorites, 5 covers and 3 firm closer songs. That"s 18 set list spots taken, leaving an average 13 songs to fill. Add in new albums and you get further away from older B-sides. Then age and voice comes into play. Blood,  or bleed for me tears Ev voice apart so its toned down and used sparingly