Any CPAs/Tax Preparers Out There?

I am doing a return for a high net worth individual who has over 44 K-1s.   Thirty of them are from "Alternative Investments", and some of them require returns for over 30 states.

Very tedious!

Anyone else in the midst of the tax deadline?

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    For many years, I used to do my own taxes.  But then in 2004 I married a woman with a book business, started my own used book business, bought a house, and despite not making oodles of money, things got rather complicated.  We are lucky to have a great tax guy who manages to juggles it all and keep us out of trouble.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    I’d have to charge you to answer that question.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Wobbie said:
    I’d have to charge you to answer that question.
    That’s some high quality comedy right here, ladies and gentlemen. Take notes!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Let's keep work away from the message board!
  • JOEJOEJOE said:
    I am doing a return for a high net worth individual who has over 44 K-1s.   Thirty of them are from "Alternative Investments", and some of them require returns for over 30 states.

Very tedious!

Yup, got the same problem. Damn those PTP K1's with every box filled out, but only with 20 to 50 bucks per box...nothing but a time suck.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Americans and Canadians are suckers ... the government demands how much tax we pay, then they set some bullshit deadline in which we must file our income tax forms at our expense...lol

Give Peas A Chance…
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Very tedious!

Yup, got the same problem. Damn those PTP K1's with every box filled out, but only with 20 to 50 bucks per box...nothing but a time suck.
    Most of mine are private equity K-1s, but they are very similar to the PTPs.