Bootleg Fenway setlist shirts

I’m sure I’m not the only one who has noticed the influx of bootleg setlist shirts for the Fenway shows? Dunno if this occurred with the other cities but it speaks volumes to the demand aspect for these. Fenway 2 was one of the best shows I’ve seen, I’m a Bosox fan, and I love the color red. So the night 2 setlist shirt looks damn good to me. But there is ZERO chance I’m paying $80-90 for a fucking t-shirt. 
I know it’s been talked about to death but again...10C can we please make these available as a presale to ticket holders? They’ve done it before, it’s a guaranteed money maker, cut back on bootlegging, fans get the merch before scalpers, win across the board. 

Comments

• YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    Not gonna lie, if I had the $25 on me, I would've bought the green Citgo Vedder shirt from a street vendor near Wahlburgers.  Those looked dope.  Even Ed Ved showed one off at the show.  LOL.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    The setlist shirts are kind of always a scam at least to me- I hate to be a downer but I have several and after a few washes they’re goners.  Faded printing and frayed seams on a few.  I wouldn’t wait in line for one nor would I pay secondary market prices ever.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Not gonna lie, if I had the $25 on me, I would've bought the green Citgo Vedder shirt from a street vendor near Wahlburgers.  Those looked dope.  Even Ed Ved showed one off at the show.  LOL.
    That was the nicest PJ shirt ive seen in years
  • Not gonna lie, if I had the $25 on me, I would've bought the green Citgo Vedder shirt from a street vendor near Wahlburgers.  Those looked dope.  Even Ed Ved showed one off at the show.  LOL.
    Those did look pretty dope lol. They had a similar designed one in ‘16.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    The setlist shirts are kind of always a scam at least to me- I hate to be a downer but I have several and after a few washes they’re goners.  Faded printing and frayed seams on a few.  I wouldn’t wait in line for one nor would I pay secondary market prices ever.
    Seriously?? That’s very bad news to hear.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Wait...people wear them?
  • Not gonna lie, if I had the $25 on me, I would've bought the green Citgo Vedder shirt from a street vendor near Wahlburgers.  Those looked dope.  Even Ed Ved showed one off at the show.  LOL.
    I’m kicking myself for not buying one. 
  • wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161

Totally regretting not grabbing one of the grey ones now. Saw them as I passed by the CVS N1 and totally lol’d. Now I really want one.

Did a basic search online after but nothing popped up. If anyone finds them on the web please post!
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Seriously?? That’s very bad news to hear.
    Yeah, don’t wear them.  They’re trade bait at best.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323

Totally regretting not grabbing one of the grey ones now. Saw them as I passed by the CVS N1 and totally lol’d. Now I really want one.

Did a basic search online after but nothing popped up. If anyone finds them on the web please post!
    My wife and I went the 2 for $40 and each got a grey one.  Very Boston. 
  • pjl44 said:
    Wait...people wear them?
    nope  =)
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • I’m def looking for one of those Vedder and co shirts. 
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited September 2018
    My 2016 Fenway night 2 setlist shirt has held up great. Probably has 10 washes in it but always hung to dry. 
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    I definitely wear my setlist shirt. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise. That's like people who buy collectible records and don't own a turntable. Why? I guess it's all about $$$$$$$$$. I will admit that I have many posters that I have not had a chance to frame and hang, but my intention was to hang them, when they were purchased. I think I need more walls, at this point. ;)
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Yeah, my setlist shirt from 2013 Wrigley was worn and washed maybe twice, and now it's in my old band/concert tshirt bin.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • parintachin73parintachin73 Posts: 731
    edited September 2018
    I think the reason the setlist shirts wear out is the printing process. As they are done fast and overnight obviously I’m sure they use digital direct to shirt printing versus traditional multi-colored screen printing. Without a doubt the color and quality of a digital print shirt will fade quickly and drastically especially with the addition of any heat. But it’s also faster and you can print any and all colors versus 3 or 4 on a screen print. I worked at a print shop briefly a ways back
  • I almost asked if anyone could have grabbed one of those shirts from the street vendor as well. It is awesome.
    My favorite shirt I have from a concert is one I bought from a vendor on the street outside Olympic Stadium in Rome this summer. Pic of EV and under it it says GRUNGE. Done like an Obey print. Really cool, cost 7 Euro. Wouldn't trade it for anything.
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    How funny would it be if PJ made those shirts to say F U to the bootleggers, like they did with the Vegas vault release.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

I need to trade a Night 1 shirt for a Night 2 shirt.   have XL or XXL.. looking for the same size Night 2.

please help me out if you can

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• PSUS2H said:
    How funny would it be if PJ made those shirts to say F U to the bootleggers, like they did with the Vegas vault release.
    It would be awesome
    It’s honestly my fave “PJ” shirt / wear it al the time and always get the PJ (or Boston) nod of mutual understanding (I’m on Long Island, NY). Best part was we got 2 for $35!
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL)
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    Now that we are 6 months from the shows, do you still have an itch to buy a setlist shirt? I went to Chicago N1, and tried for one the day after (none in my size), but not really interested in one now that the show has passed so long ago. Similarly, if they dumped any of the Chicago shows merch with a Psst post, I don't think I'd buy it at this point, as that "impulse buy" stage has passed.
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414

Was this one the 2016?  I almost grabbed the 2018 and thought it was a little different.