ISO: Tom Petty “Wildflowers”

looking for original “Wildflowers” vinyl. 
Know this is rare and expensive, but can anyone help?

thanks

Comments

• manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Love this album. When I want to hear Petty I usually go for this album. So good from start to finish.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • bobear05bobear05 St. Louis Posts: 740
    Great album. Hopefully they reissue soon
    all and all it's no ones fault
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    JK269010 said:

thanks

Just curious, why the original?  I believe the original is digital whereas the box set was analog.  And glorious, btw.  
  • JK269010JK269010 Posts: 199
    edited September 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    JK269010 said:

thanks

Just curious, why the original?  I believe the original is digital whereas the box set was analog.  And glorious, btw.  
    I collect records like people collect stamps or dinosaur fossils. They like originals too. 
    Post edited by JK269010 on
    JK269010 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JK269010 said:

thanks

I collect records like people collect stamps or dinosaur fossils. The like originals too. 
    I see.  I'm more of an audiophile, going high and low to find the best version, whether original or reissue.  Good luck in your search.  
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    dankind said:
    Thank you for thinking of me but my copy is sold
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    bflynn1 said:
    dankind said:
    D'oh!

Sorry, OP.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    bflynn1 said:
    dankind said:
    D'oh!

Sorry, OP.
    No worries:)
  • mrussel1 said:
    JK269010 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JK269010 said:

thanks

I collect records like people collect stamps or dinosaur fossils. The like originals too. 
    I see.  I'm more of an audiophile, going high and low to find the best version, whether original or reissue.  Good luck in your search.  
    Thank you!
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    local record shop on columbus oh just got a sealed 94 Wildflowers. listing at $500
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    I still prefer my original pressing to the reissue.  Dunno why... maybe because it was so much harder to find when I got it.  Dude who runs a local record store sold it to me out of his collection for $100cdn a few years back.. still think it was a steal :)
    Zod said:
    I still prefer my original pressing to the reissue.  Dunno why... maybe because it was so much harder to find when I got it.  Dude who runs a local record store sold it to me out of his collection for $100cdn a few years back.. still think it was a steal :)
    Unless a few years ago means 2006, that's an enormous steal.  
  • BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    Zod said:
    Same here, it was a gift from my wife who doesn't know much about records, but knew I would love it.  
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Zod said:
    I have always wanted to compare the original to the secret Kevin Gray cut. Would like to see if I could tell the difference between the DMM cut original vs Grays version.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    Discogs will be your best bet
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Zod said:
    I had both at one point and didn't have a preference of one v. the other, so I sold my OP. Which in turn, paid for a lot of other albums I was looking for.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    MedozK said:
    Zod said:
    I have always wanted to compare the original to the secret Kevin Gray cut. Would like to see if I could tell the difference between the DMM cut original vs Grays version.
    Where is the KG cut?
    Air23 said:
    MedozK said:
    Zod said:
    Where is the KG cut

https://www.discogs.com/release/14001458-Tom-Petty-Wildflowers
    edited March 2022
    MedozK said:
    Air23 said:
    MedozK said:
    Zod said:
    Where is the KG cut

Is this digital?  I had thought the versions were digital until the red box release of studios.
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    Air23 said:
    MedozK said:
    Zod said:
    Where is the KG cut

Is this digital?  I had thought the versions were digital until the red box release of studios.
    Yes, same as the OG. That is why I really want to hear the OG and the KG. The OG being direct metal mastered and all, see if Kevin Gray did his magic with it.
  • JK269010JK269010 Posts: 199
    Thanks everybody. I still haven’t found a first press of this album. Will probably stick to my reissue for now😊
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    The reissue sounds fantastic!! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    JK269010 said:
    Thanks everybody. I still haven’t found a first press of this album. Will probably stick to my reissue for now😊

can double check my local that showed a OG 94 sealed!!! for $500
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14