* Corduroy
* Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
* Whipping
* Not For You
* Why Go
* Deep
* Jeremy
* Dissident
* Daughter (Pulled Up) (I Believe In Miracles)
* Rats
* Voodoo Child Jam
* Immortality
* Rearviewmirror
* Alive
* Blood
* Better Man
* Sonic Reducer
* Rockin' In The Free World
* Yellow Ledbetter

Joey Ramone on-stage for Sonic Reducer, Tremor Christ stopped-and-started because someone in the pit fell down, and fireworks after Yellow Ledbetter.

Hard to believe it was 15 years ago TODAY.

Memphis 1994
New Orleans 1995
Fort Lauderdale 1996
Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
New Orleans 2000
Tampa 2003
Kissimmee 2004
New York City (x 2) 2008
East Troy (x 2) 2011
Chicago & New Orleans 2013
Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
Baltimore 2020
Louisville 2022
Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    rhinomagic wrote:
    * Voodoo Child Jam
    I need to check this one out
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    wmacsonwmacson Posts: 230
    My first show after missing out on seeing them for 3 years. I remember it like it was yesterday. Good times!
  • Options
    My first ever PJ show. Flew in from NY. Had some free time and went to the Auburn vs. LSU football game, spent the night in the Quarter and the next day PJ. Amazing show!!!
    * New Orleans-1995* Randall's Island-Sep 28,29 1996* Phoenix 1998* Las Vegas 1998* Los Angeles 1998* Blockbuster Center-Aug 28,29 1998* Continental Arena-1998* MSG- Sep 10,11 1998* Jones Beach -Aug 23,24,25 2000* E-Centre 2000* Nassau Coliseum 2003* Tweeter Center 2003* MSG-Jul 08,09 2003* PNC 2003* Reading, PA 2004* PNC 2005* Camden 2006* Meadwlands-2006* Continental Arena 2006* MSG-Jun 24,25 2008* Dodge Music Center 2008* Tweeter Center 2008* Phil.-Oct 28,30 2009* Hartford-2010* The Prudential Center-2010

• Options
    My third PJ show. Great show but I remember how horribly hot it was that day.
  • Options
    PJFLAPJFLA Posts: 30
    My 2nd show ever... Drove all night the night before and sat by the gate starting at 8am. Blazin hot that day!

BTW, check out Tremor Christ
  • Options
    My first show, too. I was a freshman in college and drove down from Tuscaloosa with two friends.

I've still got the t-shirt, and every time i cross the Pearl River i always wish someone would spray paint "Jam" in between the words -- just like i did that day.

15 years ago ... today.

Damn ...
    If you hate something,
    Don't you do it, too.
  • Options
    2nd show. was extremely rough pit. it had rained so the tarp that covered the field was coated with a slippery thin dirt/mud. mimi mosh pits would open up anywhere and often. was a great rockin' set. originally scheduled for July 4th.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    LukinFan wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:
    * Voodoo Child Jam

pretty sure Voodoo Child Jam was w/o Ed. Mike on vocals, I think.

PJFLA wrote:

That was the one stopped & started. Crazy how tight they were to launch right back into.

krymsin wrote:
    I've still got the t-shirt

Any chance you'd be selling that shirt?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    rhinomagic wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:
    * Voodoo Child Jam

pretty sure Voodoo Child Jam was w/o Ed. Mike on vocals, I think.

PJFLA wrote:

That was the one stopped & started. Crazy how tight they were to launch right back into.

krymsin wrote:
    I've still got the t-shirt

Any chance you'd be selling that shirt?

Sell it? HA! My wife would encourage me to take top dollar -- but to me, it's priceless. It's extremely faded and got some pin-size holes in it, but nothing could make me part with it ...

I can still feel the chill of holding my arms up during the chorus to "Alive" and hearing -- for the first time -- the crowd take over for Ed. I'd never felt anything like that before.

That show was perhaps one of the most cathartic and religious experiences i've ever had.
    If you hate something,
    Don't you do it, too.
  • Options
    And i can still see Ed standing on a box to sing the chorus to "Sonic" alongside Joey Ramone, because Joey had about a foot-and-a-half of height on Ed ...

Mike later stood on the same box to play the solo to "Alive" with the guitar behind his head.

But my friends and i still talk about the band stopping-and-starting "Tremor" without missing a single beat.

I just wish i'd been positioned to actually see Jack Irons on drums. My friend got sick and we had to move to the bleachers and all i could see was an occasional arm flail from Jack.
    If you hate something,
    Don't you do it, too.
  • Options
    krymsin wrote:
    My first show, too. I was a freshman in college and drove down from Tuscaloosa with two friends.

I've still got the t-shirt, and every time i cross the Pearl River i always wish someone would spray paint "Jam" in between the words -- just like i did that day.

15 years ago ... today.

Damn ...
    I was also at this show...my first PJ show. Drove down from central Mississippi.
    I remember it came a shower right before (maybe during) the show and that damn stadium turned into a freakin' sauna! It was so hot, but a night I'll never forget.
    Funny thing, I actually live on the Pearl River and really should've done that graffiti work of which you speak by now. It's never too late maybe.... ;)
    I also still have my tshirt from that show.

Edit...I was also pleased to find a fairly decent bootleg of the show a couple of years ago. Me thinks I need to dig it out and listen in honor of the anniversary while I drinks me drinks tonight. CHEERS!
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    Also, this show was initially scheduled for July 4 and delayed due to the Ticketmaster business.
    Somewhere I still have two tickets that say July 4, but they are well hidden following a few moves I'm afraid

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    krymsin wrote:
    Sell it? HA! My wife would encourage me to take top dollar -- but to me, it's priceless. It's extremely faded and got some pin-size holes in it, but nothing could make me part with it ...

The one w/Mr. Point & the kid w/the kite, yeah?
    mine got totalled after 8 or 9 years of hard wear&tear. i had to ask. ;)
    Also, this show was initially scheduled for July 4 and delayed due to the Ticketmaster business.
    Somewhere I still have two tickets that say July 4, but they are well hidden following a few moves I'm afraid

I have mine. will scan & post later when I get home.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    rhinomagic wrote:
    krymsin wrote:

The one w/Mr. Point & the kid w/the kite, yeah?
    mine got totalled after 8 or 9 years of hard wear&tear. i had to ask. ;)

I have mine. will scan & post later when I get home.

Cool. It really pisses me that I can't find mine. Surely I didn't mistakenly throw them away, but I fear that may be the case.

• Options
    NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    This show will be playing on PJ Radio at 10am Pacific today....in about 20 minutes or so...
  • Options
    NHiding wrote:
    This show will be playing on PJ Radio at 10am Pacific today....in about 20 minutes or so...
    Cool. Thanks for the heads up
    http://www.satchmo.com/nolavl/pearljam.html

• Options
    NHiding wrote:

can anyone capture this for my benefit? does PJ have a policy against that? I'm @ work w/ no flash player.

damn.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    rhinomagic wrote:
    NHiding wrote:

can anyone capture this for my benefit? does PJ have a policy against that? I'm @ work w/ no flash player.

damn.

I won't be able to capture it but if you want I could mail you a copy of the audience recording next week.

• Options
    wmacsonwmacson Posts: 230
    Thanks for the heads up about the show being on PJ Radio. Listening now.

I also still have the shirt and poster from the show. The shirt is starting to tear at the shoulders, so it has been retired. I kept it though. The poster is in a frame in my 10 year old son's room.
  • Options
    wmacson wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up about the show being on PJ Radio. Listening now.

I also still have the shirt and poster from the show. The shirt is starting to tear at the shoulders, so it has been retired. I kept it though. The poster is in a frame in my 10 year old son's room.

You should see if Crash can revamp that shirt into a hoodie. I just had him create one for my wife using Wilco pieces and it's freakin' awesome.

The poster is framed & hanging in my office @ work. It's how I knew today was the ann'y.

Enjoy re-living the show!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    This is great!

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841
    Good times man! My third show. My buddy scored four tix and we drove over from Alabama. Hard to believe it's been a decade and a half. Unfortunately, I don't have many specific memories, however I do recall the added excitement for the show b/c of the postponement, the Animal opener, and the exaggerated height difference b/t Eddie and Joey during the Sonic collabo. Wasn't it Gen Admission on the field??? And, I think the original show was at UNO....anyone recall this? Gromley was a little off the radar due to the nature of the Ticketmaster battle. Those were days when the tix were oversized and each show had a unique PJ design...not entirely different to posters.
  • Options
    jjflash wrote:
    Good times man! My third show. My buddy scored four tix and we drove over from Alabama. Hard to believe it's been a decade and a half. Unfortunately, I don't have many specific memories, however I do recall the added excitement for the show b/c of the postponement, the Animal opener, and the exaggerated height difference b/t Eddie and Joey during the Sonic collabo. Wasn't it Gen Admission on the field??? And, I think the original show was at UNO....anyone recall this? Gromley was a little off the radar due to the nature of the Ticketmaster battle. Those were days when the tix were oversized and each show had a unique PJ design...not entirely different to posters.

it was all GA. And yes, those were the day's of the oversized tickets each with a different design. I loved those.

I loved Ed on top of the pillar or whatever it was he was standing on singing with Johnny Ramone, especially when they sang the line "And I'll be 10 feet tall!"
  • Options
    This was my first show! Will never forget it... I'd love to have the poster for it. Anyone know where a person could buy or trade for one?
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    erobb79 said:
    This was my first show! Will never forget it... I'd love to have the poster for it. Anyone know where a person could buy or trade for one?
    http://expressobeans.com/?_redirected  is a good place to start

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

My 1st show of 36 total. I remember well the heat, the mosh pit, seeing Ed for the first time and thinking how small he is in person, Ed stopping Tremor Christ when that crowd surfer went down, begging for water from security, Mike smashing his guitar, Ed totally smashing up the mic stand, Joey Ramone coming out for the encore, Brendon O'Brien playing keys for Betterman. Classic show.

I have a partial bootleg of this show that was recorded from about 6th row in the pit. That is why it is partial. got my ass kicked that night but still my fave show of all time. Wish there was a soundboard quality boot out there.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    I was supposed to go to this!  I can't remember for the life of me what happened, tho.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options