Options

What a great couple weeks

Sorry for starting a new thread for this but need to get this out there because this band has put new life into me.  The sequence of events the last couple weeks have been crazy but amazing.  I’be been a DMB fan for 17 years on the level you all are PJ fans - 36 shows in that time.  I have 2 tattoos, a DMB firedancer and a fleur de lis for my favorite city New Orleans (born and live in the Chicago area).  We bought tickets to Wrigley N2 when the public sale happened.  I’m 35 and my wife 41 so she remembers listening to Ten when it came out and I was a little young for their target demo, but we’ve often discussed the band.  I’ve always liked their music but never made a show.

Anyway, I bought a bunch of bootlegs after we had the Wrigley tickets and been listening to a bunch of them the past 6 months.  And then last Monday I experienced the best concert experience ever - the music, the crowd, everything was great even with the 2 hour delay.  I knew I had to do it again as soon as possible.  On Monday I half joking asked my wife if I could fly out to Boston for Sunday’s show.  And because she’s awesome her response was a quick “sure, why not.”  I cashed in my Southwest points and booked a flight out Sunday afternoon. Just had to figure out the ticket situation.  Been monitoring the resale sites and this board a few days but no luck for what I wanted to spend.  Then today, fortuitously, I happen to have my phone in my hand the minute the email comes out about the ticket re-release.  I was able to score a ticket on the field in B6.  Never expected to be on the field for this.

Never thought any band would displace DMB as the one I would relate to more than any other.  PJ has.  And now I’m about to fly to Boston on a whim to see them at Fenway freakin’ Park and being on the field no less.  Can’t wait to get out there and hope to run into some of you.  Now the only question is, what PJ related tattoo do I get on my next trip to NOLA?

Comments

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,177
    Congrats to you man!! Welcome to the club!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited August 2018
    Thats awesome.  Have a great week ahead

And NOLA is definitely a city that loves their Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    Awesome, enjoy the shows. As for tattoo go with the stick man. 
  • Options
    HH140540HH140540 Atlanta Posts: 500
    Good stuff, welcome!
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,503
    Welcome man.  You will have an awesome time.  I've seen DMB about 40 times and Dave/Tim about 10 times.  Always a great time, just wish they were a bit more diverse w/the setlist, but it's always a good time.  The stick man is to PJ fans what the fire dancer is to DMB fans.  It's the most iconic I think as far as symbolism.  Not sure what else would do the job as far as tattoos go.  I am envious that you are on the field, no doubt but I have no question is will be one of your most favorite concert experiences of your life.  Enjoy the weekend and welcome to Boston.  Or as the tourists joke, "Baaaahhhstttan."
  • Options
    Thanks for the response.  See some of you in Boston!
  • Options
    SF281234SF281234 Posts: 38
    Section B!
    05/20/10 New York, NY
    05/21/10 New York, NY
    07/19/13 Chicago, IL
    10/18/13 Brooklyn, NY
    10/19/13 Brooklyn, NY
    12/04/13 Vancouver, BC
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/22/14 Denver, CO
    05/01/16 New York, NY
    05/02/16 New York, NY
    08/05/16 Boston, MA
    08/18/18 Chicago, IL
    09/02/18 Boston, NY
  • Options
    Awesome! Great Stuff!

Like you, experiencing PJ live hooked me! They are amazing live. I wish I was able to catch all of their shows. Enjoy Fenway, not bad for your first two shows. 

Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    I have a funny strange story about the intersection between DMB and PJ, but it's more of a convo than something to write. I'll be in B5 on Sun, maybe our paths will cross & I can tell you my funny story...

You're going to love this show and be SO HAPPY you jumped on that plane!
  • Options
    I never did multiple shows at once before Seattle and Missoula. Obviously it lived up to expectations. I did those three because they were all close datewise and locationwise. If I had chosen Chicago or Boston would have had to have just done one due to time and money. I never even thought about something like Boston until today's sale happened. Almost jokingly brought it up to my wife and she pretty much said why not. So I got quick travel, surprisingly not super expensive, and a Tuesday first row seat on the third baseline. I can't even describe how stoked I am to see them for a fourth time on this tour and in Boston and Fenway too boot.
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    I have a funny strange story about the intersection between DMB and PJ, but it's more of a convo than something to write. I'll be in B5 on Sun, maybe our paths will cross & I can tell you my funny story...

Well now I’m curious.  Hope I run into you so I can hear this story.
  • Options
    I never did multiple shows at once before Seattle and Missoula. Obviously it lived up to expectations. I did those three because they were all close datewise and locationwise. If I had chosen Chicago or Boston would have had to have just done one due to time and money. I never even thought about something like Boston until today's sale happened. Almost jokingly brought it up to my wife and she pretty much said why not. So I got quick travel, surprisingly not super expensive, and a Tuesday first row seat on the third baseline. I can't even describe how stoked I am to see them for a fourth time on this tour and in Boston and Fenway too boot.
    Love this..  Cheers to our awesome wives!
  • Options
    JH6056 said:

Well now I’m curious.  Hope I run into you so I can hear this story.
    Chk your messages :) 
  • Options
    The universe continues to throw Pearl Jam at me.  I was behind this van at an intersection driving to work this morning.  I’ll take it as a sign.

• Options
    Wow, what a whirlwind trip and amazing show.  It exceeded my expectations in all regards.  Had some great people sitting around me including Laurie from Connecticut who was at her 33rd show.  I wanted Release and she wanted Daughter -> It's OK and we both got our wish.  Not sure if you anyone knows her or if she's active on these boards but a great person to enjoy the show with.  Really just had a great group all around me.  It was great meeting @JH6056 .  Loved the stories and clearly you are living a much cooler and more interesting life than me. :)  I'll have to figure out where I went wrong. ;)  Thanks for hooking me up with the lobster sticker when the merch stand had sold out.

Trying to figure out what my highlights were but it's difficult because I was into the entire show.  Being that close was a completely different experience than I had at Wrigley being in the grandstands.  I love that we got Army Reserve and then Present Tense in the encore..

All in all just an amazing experience all around.  No question my new found PJ fandom has just kicked into a whole other level now.  Time to start obsessing about any signs of rumors for 2019 tour dates.  So, anyone know anything?

Have fun everyone that's going again tonight.  Wish I was going to be there but when I think that a week ago I didn't know I was going at all, I'll just consider myself fortunate to have experienced that.  See you all again in 2019!

• Options
    It was so great meeting you too, thanks for suffering through my stories =)

You sound like you have a perfectly interesting life already, just keep doing things that bring you joy and ease as much as you can, and you'll be the one talking my ear off next time! 

Glad you had such a great time...take care!