Options

Ben Shapiro

riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
im wondering what people’s thoughts are on Ben Shapiro? My fiancé listens to his podcast and he seems to be an up and coming conservative voice. Some stances are a bit far right for me, and I’m not a religeous type, but he seems like a good dude. Him and Sam Harris did a debate recently and there seems to be a lot of mutual respect between him and his counter parts. Just wondering if anyone else has thoughts on Shapiro? 

Comments

• Options
    solsurfrsolsurfr Posts: 202
    Big fan here. Doesn’t speak on emotion but facts. Don’t always agree with him but I like how he engages and isn’t afraid of debate.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    He's a little twerp that spews the same pathetic, demonstrably false economic theory in the classic Ayn Randian unfounded arrogance.
    He's Tomi Lahren with 2 years of carefully chosen community college economic courses.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    i didn't realize Harvard and UCLA were community colleges now.  how the mighty have fallen
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    i didn't realize Harvard and UCLA were community colleges now.  how the mighty have fallen
    It was sarcasm.
  • Options
    blackhawksblackhawks Posts: 307
    He seems like a smart enough guy who backs up what he says with facts.  Which is better than the memes you usually see on here (rimshot)
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    He seems to be more respected that most conservatives. Him and Sam Harris have done some events together. I don’t agree with everything he says but I’ve grown to like him 
  • Options
    solsurfrsolsurfr Posts: 202
    He doesn’t hide and he brings facts to the table and is happy to debate them for their validity. Hes not shy about his own opinions which I think is part of his schtick but ultimately he does a good job backing his opinions up. I’ve seen him also get swayed when the opposition brings thoughtful, non emotional, contrary facts to the table. If you bring blanket statements to table, he’ll pretty much eat you for lunch. I dig that about him.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949

From the link...(to prove what a piece of shit Shapiro is), you're welcome

But he has a much longer history of saying reprehensible things. I’m not using “reprehensible” as a synonym for “conservative”; I’m talking about things that are frankly too offensive or too ignorant to be acceptable in polite company:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/7/19/17593174/mark-duplass-ben-shapiro-apology

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    He seems like a smart enough guy who backs up what he says with facts.  Which is better than the memes you usually see on here (rimshot)
    Yeah, he's a smart enough guy with facts.
    Smart enough to cherry pick the partial facts that fit his narrative and ignore everything else.  
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    I haven’t listened to his podcasts, but from what I know he pushes the typical fox news right wing pundit stuff where it about liberals are the problem and typical lowest common denominator themes. His twitter has all the garbage in it and my right wing FB friends that ‘share’ his links have the same polarizing content. I’m also skeptical of him claiming facts without emotions, when it not only denies basic human nature, but a lot of what he’s pushing is emotion based. 
  • Options
    Very emotion based, he really falls into the right wing populist trap of caring far more about standing against "liberals" than standing for anything at all.

He also turns out memes by the dozen, blackhawks
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    rgambs said:
    Very emotion based, he really falls into the right wing populist trap of caring far more about standing against "liberals" than standing for anything at all.

He also turns out memes by the dozen, blackhawks
    He's a male Tomi with a slightly larger brain.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    Ben Shapiro is a f’ing creep.