Options

After #MeToo, Kevin Spacey movie 'Billionaire Boys Club' earns $126 on opening day

Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    edited August 2018
    I find this story kind of weird, like biased against Kevin Spacey, or making a story where there isn't one. I think that because I read that the movie was released straight to on demand before it hit exactly 12 theatres worldwide (which was likely done simply to qualify the film for movie awards). This was clearly just some rinky dink movie that probably wouldn't have earned much more, if any more, had Spacey not been #metoo'd.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Pretty rough news for the movement today.
  • Options
    unsung said:
    What movement? And why was this bad for this "movement"?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    unsung said:
    What are you talking about?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    The metoo and Asia Argento.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,928
    edited August 2018
    unsung said:
    What does that have to do with a Kevin Spacey movie being sent out to die?

Or is Drudge linking them two - Hannity-style?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    unsung said:
    Ah. I don't actually do what you do with one-off stories, so I don't feel like that has any impact in my world. If the story is actually accurate in the way it's being framed, then yeah, she's a jerk.